Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

I fully charge and play two rounds with it and the battery is still 3/4 charged. I usually play every couple if days. If I am not going to use it for a week or so I charge it after my round even if its o ,y a xo g,e for d.

Regarding sharp turns. With my Zip Navigator you can't tip it over on level ground by turning. If you have it at full speed and make a sharp turn it slows down before turning....as soon as you let go of the turn button it regains the previous speed.

Regarding sharp turns. With my Zip Navigator you can't tip it over on level ground by turning. If you have it at full speed and make a sharp turn it slows down before turning....as soon as you let go of the turn button it regains the previous speed.
The m7 does the same

3 bars we should be good...5DBEE331-310D-4AFF-8256-3D4E51E50FC3.jpegDAB8F1AF-D048-4FBC-9028-5CF8F1DBC2A0.jpeg

Have a blast Dean! Mine is charged up for Friday/Saturday. Saturday for sure, Friday is still a 50/50 split

The literature says you really should charge it before every round, just so it doesn’t die on you. I just plugged mine in before bed and unplugged it in the morning
Not sure if different for Moto, but I leave MGI Zip Navigator AT battery on the charger all the time when not being used.

Mother Nature is jealous that my battery is fully charged and ready to go. 41º and heavy rain all day 😢
41 I can handle but not with it raining. Nope.

Any jealous ribbing from playing partners, yet? I play with mostly walkers and I know I'd get some jabs early on in the round if I rolled up with one of these, but they'd all be a bunch of haters.

I had plans on taking it out on the course tomorrow but work has another idea for me. But quick update, I did get it out yesterday and today with a full bag of clubs on it. I am impressed with the quality and performance of it so far. I will be working on an initial thoughts and first impressions this weekend.

That’s impressive considering it wasn’t a full charge when you brought it to the course.

Yep, definitely using mine tomorrow

In a post of mine yesterday I mentioned how I wasn't sure what some buttons under the top bag support did. It really did all make sense today when I threw a bag on the M7.

My main bag is an older Nike bag. I think this is the Nike Slingshot, but I'm not 100% sure on the name. It is a stand bag. With the top bag support bar of the M7 in down position (the mysterious grey buttons pushed in so the hoop lowers slightly) the M7's bar hit the bag in a bad spot.

top bag support down 1.JPGtop bag support down 3.JPG

So, I pulled the bag away and raised the bag support until the grey buttons popped out, which raises the bag support bar. This was enough to allow the bag is sit much better.

top bag support up 1.JPGtop bag support up 2.JPG

With the ends of the support bar pushed against the bag the fit was quite good. I attached the cord around the front of the bag and smiled. I was very happy with the bag fit.

top bag support up 3.JPG

I have two more posts coming later tonight if the videos ever upload :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• top bag support down 1.JPG
    top bag support down 1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 10
  • top bag support down 2.JPG
    top bag support down 2.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
  • top bag support down 3.JPG
    top bag support down 3.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
As promised, more posts...

There are three settings for the rear wheels on the M7. There is transport setting (wheels flipped for space-saving storage), powered electric setting (using the cart or remote and letting the cart provide the moving power), and manual/push setting (for when your battery dies, or you don't want to make your friends with push carts jealous). Best way to demonstrate this is a video. This video was sort of an impromptu shoot so yes, I stumble on some words and for some reason I call powered mode "go kart mode" haha.

Here are some better views of what I'm talking about with the settings. Photo on left is the wheel in powered mode. Photo on right is in push mode (notice the two notches on the axle).

awheel drive mode.JPGawheel push mode 2.JPG

In the video I kinda fumbled with the wheels a little bit. They are even easier to change when you don't have to worry about making sure you aren't blocking the camera shot :ROFLMAO:

It was cold with heavy rain all day long today so I didn't want to take the M7 outside. But, @ddec's videos made me jealous so I had to do something. I setup an "obstacle course" in the garage. It's at the slowest speed (2), except I think from :46-:50 I might have had it in speed setting 3.

I first fired the M7 up without a bag on it but the front wheels were skidding on the cement a bit. The added weight of the bag made it work much better. This is the same Nike bag seen in my earlier post above. Note how quiet the M7 is. To move forward just quickly press the button (don't hold it down). To turn hold the left or right button down and when you release the button it will go straight. Short presses of the left/right buttons got me around the golf bags. Holding the turn button down did the spin. One thing to note is the somewhat violent stop after going in reverse...hooray for the wheelie bar. Not sure if that's how it is or if I'm doing something wrong (yes, I realize you won't normally cruise around in reverse). You have to hold the button down when going in reverse, but the longer you hold it the faster is seems to go. Letting up on the reverse button stops the M7.

Another thing I forgot to post earlier...storage. Here's a photo of how small the M7 can get. Wheels are flipped into storage setting and I'm using the kickstand. You do have to remove the wheelie bar to store it like this.

astorage.JPG

Last edited:
It was cold with heavy rain all day long today so I didn't want to take the M7 outside. But, @ddec's videos made me jealous so I had to do something. I setup an "obstacle course" in the garage. It's at the slowest speed (2), except I think from :46-:50 I might have had it in speed setting 3.

I first fired the M7 up without a bag on it but the front wheels were skidding on the cement a bit. The added weight of the bag made it work much better. This is the same Nike bag seen in my earlier post above. Note how quiet the M7 is. To move forward just quickly press the button (don't hold it down). To turn hold the left or right button down and when you release the button it will go straight. Short presses of the left/right buttons got me around the golf bags. Holding the turn button down did the spin. One thing to note is the somewhat violent stop after going in reverse...hooray for the wheelie bar. Not sure if that's how it is or if I'm doing something wrong (yes, I realize you won't normally cruise around in reverse). You have to hold the button down when going in reverse, but the longer you hold it the faster is seems to go. Letting up on the reverse button stops the M7.

Another thing I forgot to post earlier...storage. Here's a photo of how small the M7 can get. Wheels are flipped into storage setting and I'm using the kickstand. You do have to remove the wheelie bar to store it like this.

View attachment 9009863

Love the confidence around the car! 😆

I'm interested in how moto caddy did with the bag strap. I give MGI a C- on that one. I've taken to a pair of zip ties each round. Quick, simple and sturdy.

@ddec and @rumstove Great stuff last night. Seeing this in action it mirrors what I have been seeing in the M5 and just how quiet and stable this is. I enjoyed the MGI previously but the rattles drove me nuts and based on limited usage this one is a bit more stable for me. I am going to try to get them side by side this weekend to try out.

Back