Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

My last round I experienced something I have yet to experience with the M7. It tipped over:eek:

I'm taking the blame for this one because it happened in a spot where I wouldn't have thought. My worry has always been some sort of sidehill lie or going up or down a hill. Nope, this one was walking about 15 yards shy of the fairway(from the tee box). It was an area where there are some slight dips, but nothing major, and this cart has handled them every time with no issue. This time, however, I turned around because someone yelled FORE, next thing I know I turn around the cart was on it's right side. It's possible I hit the remote slightly or had the speed going a bit too much. But yeah, it happened.

Now the positive. Not a scratch on it, which is cool. The battery didn't budge. The power remained on. Also, thanks to the Easilock bag system, where there is no bottom strap, the bag remained on the cart, which was kind of impressive to me. I did re-adjust the top strap after the fact, but all was good.

My last round I experienced something I have yet to experience with the M7. It tipped over:eek:

I'm taking the blame for this one because it happened in a spot where I wouldn't have thought. My worry has always been some sort of sidehill lie or going up or down a hill. Nope, this one was walking about 15 yards shy of the fairway(from the tee box). It was an area where there are some slight dips, but nothing major, and this cart has handled them every time with no issue. This time, however, I turned around because someone yelled FORE, next thing I know I turn around the cart was on it's right side. It's possible I hit the remote slightly or had the speed going a bit too much. But yeah, it happened.

Now the positive. Not a scratch on it, which is cool. The battery didn't budge. The power remained on. Also, thanks to the Easilock bag system, where there is no bottom strap, the bag remained on the cart, which was kind of impressive to me. I did re-adjust the top strap after the fact, but all was good.

Whoopsie

So I just loaded up the Motocaddy for a round this afternoon with @GolferGal and while I am using the m5 instead of the m7, I absolutely love the features.

Question for each of the M7 testers. I press the button and it goes and pretty much walks alongside of me the entire time. Works great and haven't had a single issue. Outside of the occasional moving it to the next tee box, do you generally keep your caddy next to you or send it up and stop it?

So I just loaded up the Motocaddy for a round this afternoon with @GolferGal and while I am using the m5 instead of the m7, I absolutely love the features.

Question for each of the M7 testers. I press the button and it goes and pretty much walks alongside of me the entire time. Works great and haven't had a single issue. Outside of the occasional moving it to the next tee box, do you generally keep your caddy next to you or send it up and stop it?

I'm full on remote guy. Send it out ahead and stop when it gets near my ball or an area i know I need to pay a little more attention to it based on terrai.

Walking down the fairway from the tee box the cart is usually 10-20 feet in front of me with remote in hand. That's close enough to keep an eye on it but far enough away that I won't accidentally walk into it. That said, sometimes I send it straight to my ball because it's still fun for me to watch it cruise around.

If I don't know where my ball is (hello right side rough) then once I get in the general area I slow it down and it's creeping alongside me or stopped until I find my ball.

Bit of both, but mostly I send it since elevation isn’t great and I want to be able to see it at all times.

I do a couple different things with mine. In the fairway I'll either walk beside it or let it go about 20 yards in front of me, but most of the time, it's in front. By the greens, it's next to me and once I get my putter I send it to the side of the green towards the next tee box but not too far away. We have a couple cart bridges over water, and while they have sides that won't let it fall off, I still put it in manual mode and hold on. All of my rounds with it so far have been solo and I don't really have the need to just send it other than the greens and tee boxes.

Took the M7 out for the 1st time today and have to say I’m impressed. So much easier than pushing a trolley around and felt a lot better after my round. I think my golf will improve because of it as felt so much more relaxed just walking the course but time will tell. I know one thing, I will be sticking with a remote trolley from now on (y)

My M7 arrived yesterday so am hoping to get out on the course with it today

Awesome ... congrats! If I could decide between the M5 and the M7, one would be on the way to my house, too. I really like the M5 but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying, "You'll regret not having a remote control!"

Awesome ... congrats! If I could decide between the M5 and the M7, one would be on the way to my house, too. I really like the M5 but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying, "You'll regret not having a remote control!"
The M5 looks like a great cart, but with the ability to have free GPS apps on the phone, I would put the M7 above it any day of the week. With the phone holder it’s a no brainer.

The M5 looks like a great cart, but with the ability to have free GPS apps on the phone, I would put the M7 above it any day of the week. With the phone holder it’s a no brainer.

Yeah, there's that, plus, I just unboxed and am reading the user manual for a Shot Scope V3 :D

Just not sure if I'd view the remote as a blessing or a PITA distraction.

Yeah, there's that, plus, I just unboxed and am reading the user manual for a Shot Scope V3 :D

I’ve got a V3 as well as the M7 and have to say that with the V3 you don’t need the GPS on the M5. The remote isn’t a distraction at all and I’ve found so far that not having to bend over to a trolley really helps my back. Go for the M7 ;)

I’ve got a V3 as well as the M7 and have to say that with the V3 you don’t need the GPS on the M5. The remote isn’t a distraction at all and I’ve found so far that not having to bend over to a trolley really helps my back. Go for the M7 ;)
The remote is good for being able to send it and enjoy nice weather days. On hot days, I’m just as inclined to have my umbrella give me that glorious shade and I just have to walk at the same pace as the cart.

Love mine a ton!

It all depends on how/where you want the remote. I've come accustomed to leaving the remote on the cart everywhere but the green. I'll have a big write up tonight/tomorrow on what/how I use it.

It all depends on how/where you want the remote. I've come accustomed to leaving the remote on the cart everywhere but the green. I'll have a big write up tonight/tomorrow on what/how I use it.

Looking forward to the writeup.

So how many of you guys when you are out using this get asked questions from random golfers? I know basically, every guy in my league has asked about it, but I get so many questions in the parking lot or by the pro shop at various courses. Last night my first tee shot went down the 9th hole fairway(which is the proper miss, 1 is a skinny FW with OB right), but while driving it over to my ball there was a guy coming down that hole. He stopped and had so many questions about this thing. Where'd I get it? How much does it go for? What's the battery life? How easy is it to use? Do I love it or not? I feel like for me I've had that conversation with a ton of golfers over the last month of using the M7. It's a crazy good conversation starter.

So how many of you guys when you are out using this get asked questions from random golfers? I know basically, every guy in my league has asked about it, but I get so many questions in the parking lot or by the pro shop at various courses. Last night my first tee shot went down the 9th hole fairway(which is the proper miss, 1 is a skinny FW with OB right), but while driving it over to my ball there was a guy coming down that hole. He stopped and had so many questions about this thing. Where'd I get it? How much does it go for? What's the battery life? How easy is it to use? Do I love it or not? I feel like for me I've had that conversation with a ton of golfers over the last month of using the M7. It's a crazy good conversation starter.

Question I have is how are you guys feeling after a round compared to when you where pushing a cart?

Question I have is how are you guys feeling after a round compared to when you where pushing a cart?

Honestly, I feel much more refreshed after the round. I'm not going to say it's because of having to push a cart the whole time, which does take a little out of you as the day goes on right? But with the use of the remote, this thing makes the round like a relaxing walk. Hills have no extra stress whatsoever. If I "park" my cart on the wrong side of the green, I don't need to walk over there and push it to the next hole. I can just control it with the remote and have it ready to go either to where I am walking off the green, or as I've shown, drive it to the next tee box(course dependant).

You know where I really like it, if you drive it in the rough and can't find your ball. I don't need to push the cart all over the place while searching. Control the cart into that general area, just walk around hands-free, and then when finding the ball, have it come to you. Also if looking for another partner's ball it's the same type of deal. Little things like that.

Honestly, I feel much more refreshed after the round. I'm not going to say it's because of having to push a cart the whole time, which does take a little out of you as the day goes on right? But with the use of the remote, this thing makes the round like a relaxing walk. Hills have no extra stress whatsoever. If I "park" my cart on the wrong side of the green, I don't need to walk over there and push it to the next hole. I can just control it with the remote and have it ready to go either to where I am walking off the green, or as I've shown, drive it to the next tee box(course dependant).

You know where I really like it, if you drive it in the rough and can't find your ball. I don't need to push the cart all over the place while searching. Control the cart into that general area, just walk around hands-free, and then when finding the ball, have it come to you. Also if looking for another partner's ball it's the same type of deal. Little things like that.

That last part is the only reason that I am debating the M7. My course has very penal rough and I love the M5 so much, but when looking for a ball that is sunk down 3 inches, the remote means I could park it and bring it to me.

That last part is the only reason that I am debating the M7. My course has very penal rough and I love the M5 so much, but when looking for a ball that is sunk down 3 inches, the remote means I could park it and bring it to me.

yeah, that part is really nice. Plus it makes me look like i have Jedi powers.
I tried manual mode last night for a bit, I just don't like it nearly as much compared to the remote. Still good, but if I was recommending a way to go for someone, it would be remote.

So how many of you guys when you are out using this get asked questions from random golfers?
The most common questions I get are "how much does that cost?", "did you tip it over yet?", and "do you trust the remote?"

The comments I get the most are probably "that thing looks fun" and "that would be nice but I don't golf enough for that."

One guy in the parking lot did comment that the M7 is a lot quieter than the one he used to have years ago as I drove it past him.

I feel a lot less tired after a round using this as opposed to a push trolley. It was one of the reasons I went for it as play a 2 rounds in a day quite often.
I echo the comments about looking for balls in the rough, makes such a difference not having to drag your trolley with you when looking for balls.
I know they’re not cheap but I would recommend the M7 to anyone that can afford it

Back