Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Question I have is how are you guys feeling after a round compared to when you where pushing a cart?
My shoulders feel noticeably better. I think that's because I can walk with my shoulders back and arms at my side rather than pushing with arms out in front of me or pulling with arms behind me (my push/pull cart is the same style as the BagBoy M-340/350). Walking without having to push is more relaxing overall.

I feel a lot less tired after a round using this as opposed to a push trolley. It was one of the reasons I went for it as play a 2 rounds in a day quite often.
I echo the comments about looking for balls in the rough, makes such a difference not having to drag your trolley with you when looking for balls.
I know they’re not cheap but I would recommend the M7 to anyone that can afford it
You just recently got one. From your comments I take it the M7 is working out well for you already. How was learning the remote for you?

You just recently got one. From your comments I take it the M7 is working out well for you already. How was learning the remote for you?
Yeh I’ve only had it for a couple of rounds now but really liking it. I found the remote easy enough to get used to and just keep it clipped to my belt when playing a shot. Just have to remember to turn it off when putting it on the belt but so far so good 👍

Awesome ... congrats! If I could decide between the M5 and the M7, one would be on the way to my house, too. I really like the M5 but the little voice on my shoulder keeps saying, "You'll regret not having a remote control!"
The remote control makes it a lot easier imho.

It all depends on how/where you want the remote. I've come accustomed to leaving the remote on the cart everywhere but the green. I'll have a big write up tonight/tomorrow on what/how I use it.

Looking forward to this. :)

So for those that have these and are testing them, if they went on a "Black Friday Sale" for let's say 15% off ($1,275 and I know nothing), would be worth it for the "Golfer that has Everything" ?

Last edited:
They are worth it at full price in my opinion, and not just for the golfer that has everything. They are so much easier on you than pushing a trolley around the course and as a result you play better golf. At least that’s my experience so far, my scores have improved since using my M7 and I feel leas fatigued at the end of a round

My M7 remote, pro series cart bag, and accessory pack arrived on Saturday. I unboxed and played around with it in the yard on Saturday and Sunday.

This thing is awesome! Before trying it out, I was worried about how it would handle turns when going relatively fast. I was surprised to see that the cart really slows down when turning. Something that took a little getting used to, but once you figure it out, it is pretty easy to deal with.

I put on all of the accessories, but I decided to only leave the drink holder on for now. When folded up in the back of my car, the other accessories would just get in the way. I can see myself using the device cradle on the range for filming swings, though.

I drive a Subaru Outback, and I have the cart folded, with the wheels reversed, and it just fits underneath the retractable cargo cover in the back. Perfect! It takes up about half the width of the trunk, allowing me to keep my tools I like to keep in there for work, along with plenty of room for my golf bag.

The charger is really easy to use. I am debating whether to keep it at home in the garage, or at the office by my desk.

The easy lock system on the cart bag is really easy to use. The bag fits perfectly on the cart, as you'd expect.

I strapped my carry bag on there yesterday to spin around the yard. The legs of the carry bag make for an awkward placement at the top. I found that I needed to really tighten the straps, and I wrapped the top strap around the bag handle, to keep the bag from rotating during use. Since our club requires a cart or a caddy weekend mornings, I am still deciding whether I will swap bags out when I plan to use the M7. The 14 way divider would certainly help with club chatter.

Wednesday is league night, and I hope to be able to get the M7 out for 9 holes then. It is going to be a very fun toy!

So how many of you guys when you are out using this get asked questions from random golfers? I know basically, every guy in my league has asked about it, but I get so many questions in the parking lot or by the pro shop at various courses. Last night my first tee shot went down the 9th hole fairway(which is the proper miss, 1 is a skinny FW with OB right), but while driving it over to my ball there was a guy coming down that hole. He stopped and had so many questions about this thing. Where'd I get it? How much does it go for? What's the battery life? How easy is it to use? Do I love it or not? I feel like for me I've had that conversation with a ton of golfers over the last month of using the M7. It's a crazy good conversation starter.

Oh God, every freakin round. "Hey man that thing is badass, where did you get it? Tell me all about it" and they've all been interested. Pretty badass, actually.

Question I have is how are you guys feeling after a round compared to when you where pushing a cart?

Not quite as tired, but still fatigued. I mean hilly walks are still hilly haha

I strapped my carry bag on there yesterday to spin around the yard. The legs of the carry bag make for an awkward placement at the top. I found that I needed to really tighten the straps, and I wrapped the top strap around the bag handle, to keep the bag from rotating during use.
Did you adjust the top hoop? The top strap/hoop can be raised/lowered with the side buttons. Worked well with my Nike bag. I took some photos of it awhile ago here.

Oh God, every freakin round. "Hey man that thing is badass, where did you get it? Tell me all about it" and they've all been interested. Pretty badass, actually.

I love it. It's such a fun reaction to get. Even the cart girl during my last round was like, whoa that thing is cool.

Now that I broke my arm. This is shooting to the top of my list of golf accessories to get. Thanks for the reviews.

Did you adjust the top hoop? The top strap/hoop can be raised/lowered with the side buttons. Worked well with my Nike bag. I took some photos of it awhile ago here.
Yeah I had it down as far as it goes, I believe to even get it down low enough to make sense. I'll have to play with it some more to get the best fit.

Now that I broke my arm. This is shooting to the top of my list of golf accessories to get. Thanks for the reviews.
Well I hope you heal quick and well and can play soon.

Take care and heal fast!

So for those that have these and are testing them, if that went on "Black Friday Sale" for let's say 15% off ($1,275 and I know nothing), would be worth it for the "Golfer that has Everything" ?
Short answer: if they walk and play regularly, then I think yes.

We've been testing these now for about a month now I think. When I first got this I thought of it as a true over-the-top luxury item. In the time using this that thought has shifted a bit. I now think there are only two types of golfers that this really wouldn't be worth it for: 1) the golfer that doesn't get out to play often 2) the golfer that always/usually rides in a cart.

This is still a large purchase for many golfers, like buying a new set of clubs. Just like a new set of clubs the more rounds a golfer plays the more beneficial (is that the correct word? Justifiable perhaps) an electric cart will be. I don't have a "you need to play this many rounds to justify the cost of this" number as that's different for every golfer. I will say though, especially if you've already been toying with the idea of getting an electric cart, I personally have found it to be more beneficial/useful/practical than I ever thought it would be.

I like walking and this makes walking easier and more enjoyable to me. My shoulders and arms feel better. I like the ease of using the remote. I think the golfer that plays regularly and usually/always walks will like it.

Last edited:
I know you guys are using the Motocaddy bags also, but is anyone using a regular cart bag and have any issues with it? Do they sit and ride good?

I know you guys are using the Motocaddy bags also, but is anyone using a regular cart bag and have any issues with it? Do they sit and ride good?
I’m using a regular cart bag with no issues at all.

First two times out were with a traditional cart bag. It fit great and had zero problems with it. I also played around at the house with a staff bag on it. They both fit REALLY well and very secure.

I used a stand bag and with the included lower strap, it secured the bag just fine. Humps and bumps, bag stayed fine.

So for those that have these and are testing them, if they went on a "Black Friday Sale" for let's say 15% off ($1,275 and I know nothing), would be worth it for the "Golfer that has Everything" ?

That probably would push me over the edge, just like Prime Day did with the Shot Scope V3.

Back