Motocaddy M7 REMOTE Electric Caddy

Yes it does, that's why I do not use it . You can move the umbrella holder to point down if not using it and the cup holder would sit lower away from the clubs
If you don't use the umbrella holder, can the cup holder screw into that empty slot?

I'm convincing myself that they saw this thread and were like, "Oh, that's probably a good idea. He knows what he's talking about, and is probably very handsome"

Scary but true. Kind of.

There are a lot of the Accessories coming with. Depending on the website you purchase it through, different things are supplied

I'm convincing myself that they saw this thread and were like, "Oh, that's probably a good idea. He knows what he's talking about, and is probably very handsome"
That sounds completely reasonable, and definitely like a conversation that took place!

I do agree though that it is a great idea!

YouTube wormhole, some good videos. Looks like the wheelbase can be narrowed if required by flipping the way the tires go on and seems like the hill assist for both up and down are really well thought out.

YouTube wormhole, some good videos. Looks like the wheelbase can be narrowed if required by flipping the way the tires go on and seems like the hill assist for both up and down are really well thought out.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s gone down that dirty path.

Great reviews guys! It looks like a solid cart. For those of you currently using them, what is the battery life like and charge times?

Great reviews guys! It looks like a solid cart. For those of you currently using them, what is the battery life like and charge times?
One that I’ve seen mentioned the first charge was 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hrs to start but then shorter after that obviously, and they recommend after every use but that took less than a hour. The video said 36 holes easily but that I would assume heavily on your pace and the terrain you play

If you don't use the umbrella holder, can the cup holder screw into that empty slot?
Ok , you can get a small blank cap with the nub on the end for the cup holder to attach to, I think it's on the accessory station , you can the attach the cup holder to it, if you want to add accessories this cap just unscrews

Ok I can easily get 36 holes out if one charge and the battery is still showing half full.

They recommend charging after each use and charge takes around 2 to 3 hours. If I chafge after 36 holes it can take around 4 to 5 hours

Ok I can easily get 36 holes out if one charge and the battery is still showing half full.

They recommend charging after each use and charge takes around 2 to 3 hours. If I chafge after 36 holes it can take around 4 to 5 hours
That is great to hear. The ability to last at least 36 holes is better than the unit I've previously used. And i still cannot believe how small that unit folds up!!

Great info.

How does the traction on the tires hold up when there is early morning dew or the course is still damp? Does it spin going up and down hills?

How does the traction on the tires hold up when there is early morning dew or the course is still damp? Does it spin going up and down hills?

Haven’t had any issues on grass at all, either wet or dry.Where I have had challenges at times are on bridges and on cart paths because the motors turn wheel so quickly that it’s hard to turn slowly and stay in control.

Walked 18 this morning and kept thinking to myself where all I could use one on the course. Was done in under 2 1/2 I’d think you could save a bit more time and definitely energy on the course.

I just sprung for a Powakaddy CT6 after another issue with my back just giving out pushing my Clicgear up and down hills in soft conditions. Like others have stated, if I needed to go power cart riding to save my back, an electric walking cart would pay itself in a season. Not to mention hopefully less chiro and massage therapy treatments. I also want to walk if I can for the greater health benefits and being more connected with my foursome than riding. Plus, if it gets too wet (often in Vancouver!) the courses make it "cart path only" which makes riding little benefit.

I chose the Powakaddy partly from stock availability during Covid, partly as I trust the support and warranty support of the small local shop that stocks that brand exclusively now. Also the length of warranty and folded size. I added the removable seat, umbrella holder, scorecard holder, bottle holder accessories. No remote but I'm ok with that. I already have enough in my pocket (markers, tees etc) without fumbling around for a remote constantly. I got the EBS model. If one was going to use the electric cart for all rounds, I'd seriously look at the upgrade with built in GPS. However I'm used to a GPS watch and will want to have one when we can travel again - I use a power cart then on holiday.

Last edited:

Had zero issues with it slipping on wet grass, nor has it had any issues with going up hills.

GolfEtail has the M7 non GPS for $1200 with the Accessories pack included.
GolfEtail M7 Deal

Thats a pretty good deal on a awesome cart.

I've reached out to the local Canadian distributor about options but I thought I would also ask the question here in case any others have had a similar issue.

One of the front wheels on my M7 is start to seize from time to time; I suspect that the bearing has gotten moisture and/or debris in it and needs replacement. Being the handy guy I am, I put my cart on the bench last night and tried my best to remove the torx screw that holds the wheel in place (or at least that's what I thought). I'm using a T25 bit and I can't break them loose. There feels like there is a smidge of play between the T25 bit and the socket of the screw, but a T27 is too large.

Has anyone ever removed/replaced a front wheel on an M7? I'm kind of stumped right now 🤷‍♂️

Previously mounted a super thin piece of metal on top of my scorecard holder to secure my rangefinder but had issues with it falling off several times per round. It finally hit me that I needed a thicker piece of steel on there, so I upgraded to a 3/8" thick piece of metal and didn't have any issues with my rangefinder falling off today. Not sure what the heck took me so long, but glad that this seems like a long term solution.

And by "mounted on my scorecard holder" I simply mean taped the piece of metal on the holder. It's ugly, but does the trick.

Back