Motorized/Power Push Carts

Motorized/Power Push Carts

Thought this would be a good place to drop a couple photos of my clicgear 8 with the Alphard ewheels... took it on its 2nd time out and it’s awesome.

4867e6446344184b4f7c33093151825f.jpg

868f1ff291701ce0f682fd446c2bdae4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been doing some research this weekend and thinking about upgrading my clicgear to a motorized rig. Has anyone made the move lately? What did you go with ?

I have a MGi which we reviewed on the home page. I like it.

Upgrading the push cart is turning in to a difficult decision.

Was comparing the Stewart x10 and came across a new unreleased Q Follow by Steward, coming spring 2021-
https://www.stewartgolfusa.com/pages/q-follow-pre-register
"Get Ready For The Next Generation.
We are getting close to the largest launch in our company's long and decorated history.
Get ready for the most complete and enjoyable walking golf cart ever. Are you ready to experience the new Q Follow?"​

I think I am going to hold and wait to see if details or if the cart is released in the next month or so.
Trying to beat the summer heat getting a high end cart.

The Foresight smart cart looks to be a bust, so no refund/returns now if you order and read bad reviews
The Stewart x10 just came out in 2021, now they are about to release a 'flagship' unit
The Caddytrek r2 is $1k less expensive, they also show an R3 coming soon.

decisions, decisions.

MGI Navigator AT here and I love it. Have a few rounds on it now and it's been everything I dreamed it could be :)

Mute the sound if you don't want to hear fatso here weezing down the fairway:

Have been doing some research this weekend and thinking about upgrading my clicgear to a motorized rig. Has anyone made the move lately? What did you go with ?
I am going into my third year with an MGI Zip Navigator. I love the thing.

I am testing a Club Booster eWheels 1.0 right now with a clicgear 3.5.
your comment was a while back. Did it work? Did you have to swap the front wheel withe a 360 degree wheel and if so, what fit?

Pulled the trigger on a new Stewart Q follow this morning. Looking forward to cruising the course with this cart!

1620322666076.png
1620322689077.png

I can’t believe how many motorized push carts I am now seeing out on the courses. It is really taking off in our locale.

a312d74a43aa77bc5407a61999686ad4.jpg

Love my MGI Zip Navigator. Use it almost everyday since I bought it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s my Zip Navigator, right down to the colorway.

MGI Navigator AT here and I love it. Have a few rounds on it now and it's been everything I dreamed it could be :)

Mute the sound if you don't want to hear fatso here weezing down the fairway:

[/QUOTE
Also nice the All Terrain has 36 hole battery.

Thanks for the info - we don't have any lockers so it's put it in and out of the truck every round - how's the weight lifting it?

Guys, check out the Powakaddy range they appear to be great buggies and have a strong reputation for reliability and performance. Lots of guys at my club have used the MGI and had issues with them. Not saying they are no good just pointing out a few guys at my club have that brand and have had issues with them.

Do you guys think having a remote control is a gimmick or a nice option? Do you get side tracked watching the buggy and playing with the remote? Or is it just easier to have one without having a remote?

Guys, check out the Powakaddy range they appear to be great buggies and have a strong reputation for reliability and performance. Lots of guys at my club have used the MGI and had issues with them. Not saying they are no good just pointing out a few guys at my club have that brand and have had issues with them.

Do you guys think having a remote control is a gimmick or a nice option? Do you get side tracked watching the buggy and playing with the remote? Or is it just easier to have one without having a remote?

I'd be interested to hear what those issues were as I haven't experienced any problems at all.

Yes, the remote is very handy. There are times when you want the cart with you and times when you want to send it along to where you'll be going.

As for the distraction, I too wondered about that but no, it's really no different than deciding where your riding cart will go. It's true that the first time playing a course, you figure out the best paths and then it's even less of a concern.

I use the Motocaddy S2 - it’s quite old but it does the job! Honest opinion... game changing stroke saver. If your score is important you you (I appreciate not everyone is too concerned about score if golf is more of a social/excercise thing etc) and you can afford one, get one!

Decided I wanted to go with the Club Booster V2 instead of a motorized cart. Biggest reason is because I love the setup of my bagboy tri swivel and didnt want to part with it. My V2 actually just showed up today via fedex and I went ahead and assembled and charged it. I cant wait to get it to the course! I ordered the follow tether but its backordered and wont be in until July, I look forward to using that option also!

af1e6226490834a3d0ebf1cbbc98880f.png

Also curious what issues have been experienced with the MGI.

As far as the remote goes, it is a must have as far as I am concerned. It took a few minutes in the yard to get used to it before it became like second nature. I don't even think about it while I'm using it. One of the biggest benefits for me is that my walking speed is in between speed settings on the MGI. If I had to have my hand on it I would either need to walk unaturally faster or slower. With the remote I can walk at my pace while the cart goes on it's way.

Highly recommended based on my experience so far.

Also curious what issues have been experienced with the MGI.

As far as the remote goes, it is a must have as far as I am concerned. It took a few minutes in the yard to get used to it before it became like second nature. I don't even think about it while I'm using it. One of the biggest benefits for me is that my walking speed is in between speed settings on the MGI. If I had to have my hand on it I would either need to walk unaturally faster or slower. With the remote I can walk at my pace while the cart goes on it's way.

Highly recommended based on my experience so far.

Ditto. Yeah speed 5 is a tad slow and speed 6 is a tad too fast. Most people agree so I'm kind of surprised that MGI didn't do a better job of that. As you say, with the remote it can go out ahead of you and then be slowed down as it approaches your lie and it's no issue at all.

I too highly recommend the Zip Navigator.

I've got 15 rounds in my zip navigator AT. it is a game changer. I've (key word is I) dumped it a few times early on.

Issues/Fixes.
Issue 1.) My Sunmountain 4.5LS doesnt fit great on the cart. it shifts a lot after a hole or two. The true fix is to either get the Clicgear Cozy OR buy a bag cart. I like my bag so the Cozy is the direction I'm leaning but unfortunately you can't find any right now, so i basically built my own. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it worked great.

Issue 2.) It is top-heavy and is constantly popping wheelies enganging the 5th wheel. this resukts in dificulty climbing some of the hills (especially this early in the year when everthing is damp). I put a 5LB weight in the ball pocket and now it works great and has no issues going up some pretty steep hills. I will probably invest in a divers 5lb belt weight as it more compact.

i would say the only other complaint I have is the pace. 4 is just a bit to slow and 5 is just a bit to fast. i just rotate between them (with a press of a button) to keep it reasonable close.

i have a friend whonhas the EWheels V2 and loves it. He probably has about 50 rounds with it. I would have gone that route but the wheel setup wouldnt fit in my trunk AND I needed a new cart anyway so from a cost perspective, the Zip AT wasnt much more.

I've got 15 rounds in my zip navigator AT. it is a game changer. I've (key word is I) dumped it a few times early on.

Issues/Fixes.
Issue 1.) My Sunmountain 4.5LS doesnt fit great on the cart. it shifts a lot after a hole or two. The true fix is to either get the Clicgear Cozy OR buy a bag cart. I like my bag so the Cozy is the direction I'm leaning but unfortunately you can't find any right now, so i basically built my own. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it worked great.

Issue 2.) It is top-heavy and is constantly popping wheelies enganging the 5th wheel. this resukts in dificulty climbing some of the hills (especially this early in the year when everthing is damp). I put a 5LB weight in the ball pocket and now it works great and has no issues going up some pretty steep hills. I will probably invest in a divers 5lb belt weight as it more compact.

i would say the only other complaint I have is the pace. 4 is just a bit to slow and 5 is just a bit to fast. i just rotate between them (with a press of a button) to keep it reasonable close.

i have a friend whonhas the EWheels V2 and loves it. He probably has about 50 rounds with it. I would have gone that route but the wheel setup wouldnt fit in my trunk AND I needed a new cart anyway so from a cost perspective, the Zip AT wasnt much more.

My Sunmountain 4.5LS doesnt fit great on the cart. it shifts a lot after a hole or two.

My Sun Mountain C-130 has carry handles at the top. I've recently run an 18" zip tie through the handle slot and then through the round hole in the cradle housing. One on each side and it's solidly attached with no shifting around. I'm a Graphic Arts teacher and I always have my razor knife in my pocket to cut it off afterward so I put a bunch in a bag pocket and I use two zip ties per round. Problem solved....the strap system is also not MGI's best effort.

I too put an 8Lb lead brick in the lower front pocket of the bag and it rarely wheelies at all.

I also fastened the clip from my GPS Dog Collar and am finding the quick clip belt set up really handy. No need to ever use the lock feature when the remote hangs off of your belt. It's pretty sweet and I use it often.

Well as promised, here are the pics of the clip system I'm piloting. I only got to use my Zip once and I didn't have the clip then. That's when I put it in my pocket and sent it toward the cliff. I use this system with my GPS unit while hunting with my setter. The belt clip is off the rear left hip where it isn't in the way of anything. You just snap the unit into the holder and it secures with a spring loaded catch. You reach down in one motion depressing the thumb release and lifting the unit into your hand. Quick, simple and secure. We'll have to see how it goes in practice but it seems like turning the lock off and on would be distracting. Hanging off the belt, there's no chance of accidentally hitting a button.

2VEN27Y.jpg

MW78alN.jpg

The Garmin clip fits snugly into the groove of the MGI clip and secures with a wrap of tape. If anyone's interested in trying it, here's what you'll need:

Issues/Fixes.

MGI now makes a cart bag that has a “locking” mechanism on the bottom that is designed for the Zip Navigator series. Not a bad bag, but I prefer the Ping Pioneer which fits well. Will be looking to sell the MGI Play-Lite bag at a good price.

Back