Motorized/Power Push Carts

I like how that thing folds up. How heavy are we talking about here?
They get to like 22-26 lbs, which makes sense since you have the battery in there. That can't be light!

I like how that thing folds up. How heavy are we talking about here?
Messaged them and it is around 30 pounds.

Messaged them and it is around 30 pounds.

thanks. That's pretty much inline with the Motocaddy M7 I was looking at earlier

I'd be interested to hear what those issues were as I haven't experienced any problems at all.

Yes, the remote is very handy. There are times when you want the cart with you and times when you want to send it along to where you'll be going.

As for the distraction, I too wondered about that but no, it's really no different than deciding where your riding cart will go. It's true that the first time playing a course, you figure out the best paths and then it's even less of a concern.
The worst one was a motor issue and the MGI tried a few times and could not fix it. There have been plenty of GPS/ battery issues with the cart just giving up the ghost mid way through rounds. Not saying the product is no good its just not without faults. My local golf store has a repair guys come in once a week specifically for MGI repairs.

Thanks for the reply regarding the remote, i am on the fence with this and i don't want to pay the extra $500 here for the model that has a remote if its just a gimmick type thing. but if it has real value and is a great feature then i think it will be a worthwhile investment. Maybe the Alphard Ewheels are a good middle of the road start point for a journey into the motorised buggy world.

The worst one was a motor issue and the MGI tried a few times and could not fix it. There have been plenty of GPS/ battery issues with the cart just giving up the ghost mid way through rounds. Not saying the product is no good its just not without faults. My local golf store has a repair guys come in once a week specifically for MGI repairs.

Thanks for the reply regarding the remote, i am on the fence with this and i don't want to pay the extra $500 here for the model that has a remote if its just a gimmick type thing. but if it has real value and is a great feature then i think it will be a worthwhile investment. Maybe the Alphard Ewheels are a good middle of the road start point for a journey into the motorised buggy world.

Used my Alphard Club Booster V2 for the first time this evening and wow! Made walking so much more fun! The remote worked flawlessly and I couldnt be happier with the way everything worked. The cart tracks pretty straight and the wheels have 3 forward speeds, I found 2 to be the preferred speed for me this evening. I mounted the remote holder to mu cart handle and that worked great to place the remote their when hitting shots. Very easy to control, handles hills fantastic, the wheelie bars are a nice touch and with those and the wide stance it makes the cart super stable! Walking is going to be so much fun this summer!

My local golf store has a repair guys come in once a week specifically for MGI repairs.

oh-really-now.gif

Used my Alphard Club Booster V2 for the first time this evening and wow! Made walking so much more fun! The remote worked flawlessly and I couldnt be happier with the way everything worked. The cart tracks pretty straight and the wheels have 3 forward speeds, I found 2 to be the preferred speed for me this evening. I mounted the remote holder to mu cart handle and that worked great to place the remote their when hitting shots. Very easy to control, handles hills fantastic, the wheelie bars are a nice touch and with those and the wide stance it makes the cart super stable! Walking is going to be so much fun this summer!

So fun to read this post. Welcome to the club; I still remember being amazed at my first round. I have no intention of ever carrying clubs again! No matter which brand you choose, it's a life changing piece of equipment.

Have a great year!

Really a Spock eyebrow raise. What thats supposed to mean? Just stating the facts the local golf place has a weekly repair guy come in to do warranty/repair work on MGI buggies. Not so sure why thats an eyebrow raising comment.

Really a Spock eyebrow raise. What thats supposed to mean? Just stating the facts the local golf place has a weekly repair guy come in to do warranty/repair work on MGI buggies. Not so sure why thats an eyebrow raising comment.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what you've stated. I now know of about 8 people who have MGIs and I haven't heard a single complaint. That there are so many units at this club and that they break down so regularly as to warrant a truck and a service person weekly seems like quite an exaggeration.

Just received my Alphard V2 on Friday. Rain yesterday and today have pushed maiden voyage to tomorrow. Have run it around the lawn a bit yesterday to get aquatinted with it. I think this is going to be a game changer for me. Only thing I’m contemplating is a swivel wheel for the Clicgear 3.5. Will decide after a few rounds. Seems to have no issues turning on the grass.

Last edited:
Just received my Alphard V2 on Friday. Rain yesterday and today have pushed maiden voyage to tomorrow. Have run it around the lawn a bit yesterday to get aquatinted with it. I think this is going to be a game changer for me. Only thing I’m contemplating is a swivel wheel for the Clicgear 3.5. Will decide after a few rounds. Seems to have no issues turning on the grass.

Wow, that looks like a really cool little unit. I'm wondering how well it works with a non-pivoting front wheel. The many pics and vids I found showed it adapted to many different carts so it must not be an impediment.

Kudos man, if you haven't used it, you are going to be amazed! It is indeed a game changer.

MGI Zip Navigator, can't saw enough good things about it. I think this is my best overall golf purchase. In a year and a half it has almost paid for itself in saved cart fees, and I feel I play much better golf when I walk (without clubs on my back or pushing, just takes away that touch of fatigue you may feel late in a round, especially when playing courses that are long and tough like BP Black).

MGI Zip Navigator, can't saw enough good things about it. I think this is my best overall golf purchase. In a year and a half it has almost paid for itself in saved cart fees, and I feel I play much better golf when I walk (without clubs on my back or pushing, just takes away that touch of fatigue you may feel late in a round, especially when playing courses that are long and tough like BP Black).

It's truly a whole other experience isn't it? Our front 9 is hilly and then the hill on 17 up to the 18th tee lets you know what kind of shape you're in. Now I stand on that tee with fresh legs.

I'm seeing more and more of them and I think they'll rapidly become quite common. That adapter kit chpar4 got looks really neat. I think you'd want to put it on a quality cart but if you already have one it's a great deal.

Wow, that looks like a really cool little unit. I'm wondering how well it works with a non-pivoting front wheel. The many pics and vids I found showed it adapted to many different carts so it must not be an impediment.

Kudos man, if you haven't used it, you are going to be amazed! It is indeed a game changer.
Seemed to be OK on the lawn. We’ll see tomorrow 👍 If an issue I’ll just get a stem caster with somewhere around an 6” or 8” wheel and adapt it.

I've got 50 miles on my Navigator AT so far and agree it may be the best golf purchase I've made. I've played quite a few rounds so far this year that I probably wouldn't have if not for the Zip. I also swore I'd never play the Black again after it completely kicked my ass a couple of times. But this changes that equation too and I'm excited to give the Black another go this year and really put this thing to the test.

Total game changer for me.

I have 4 rounds now on the eWheels. I must say it has become the best equipment purchase for my game. I have walked-pushed 85% of the time for the last 5 years. I am amazed at how different I feel at the end of 18 holes now. Would think there was that much difference pushing vs just a walk in the park.
Unit has worked flawlessly as well. Fixed wheel really isn’t an issue at all. However I am a tinkerer and still may put a swivel on it. Unit runs straight and also does adjust itself on sidehills with the gyro feature on.
Really on if the best investments I made in myself and my game.

I have 4 rounds now on the eWheels. I must say it has become the best equipment purchase for my game. I have walked-pushed 85% of the time for the last 5 years. I am amazed at how different I feel at the end of 18 holes now. Would think there was that much difference pushing vs just a walk in the park.
Unit has worked flawlessly as well. Fixed wheel really isn’t an issue at all. However I am a tinkerer and still may put a swivel on it. Unit runs straight and also does adjust itself on sidehills with the gyro feature on.
Really on if the best investments I made in myself and my game.
awesome feedback!

I played my first round with the Alphard Club Booster V2 this weekend. Wow! It worked flawlessly. I was afraid the need to control it with a remote would be a distraction. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I play 35-40 rounds a year, the vast majority walking. This is definitely a game changer. Maybe not in my scores (although I did tie my lowest score of the year (77) this weekend), but definitely in my enjoyment of the game.

What the general census with the front wheel/wheels. Swivel wheel or fixed wheel? remote or not remote?

What the general census with the front wheel/wheels. Swivel wheel or fixed wheel? remote or not remote?
Personally I prefer the front wheel to be fixed, I have used a push trolley with a swivel wheel and wasn't a fan
I think a remote is just a gimmick and for all of the courses I have ever played with a trolley, a waste of time - my trolley has an automatic distance function that allows me to send it off in a direction for 'x' number of yards where it then stops, so I will walk up the side of the green nearest to the next tee, and if possible, send the trolley in the direction of the tee after I have pulled my putter out of the bag, otherwise it is in the spot I will walk past anyway after I come off the green

I’ve got a CaddyTek 3-wheel cart with a swiveling front wheel. When I pushed (before Club Booster v2), I almost always had the front wheel in the fixed position. Now with the v2, I have it swiveling and works great with the remote.

I also have the Costco/Caddytek 3 wheeler - I have never pushed with the front wheel locked - I lock it only to fold up the cart and put it in the car - is there some reason that you find it works better locked? I guess I need to try that. I can't imagine why it would work better locked whether in manual or electric push mode. So, I am genuinely curious of your usage - and I will need to give it a try.

That said, I am really looking hard at the Alphard V2 and wondering if I ought to purchase now or wait until winter and buy one then.

I also have the Costco/Caddytek 3 wheeler - I have never pushed with the front wheel locked - I lock it only to fold up the cart and put it in the car - is there some reason that you find it works better locked? I guess I need to try that. I can't imagine why it would work better locked whether in manual or electric push mode. So, I am genuinely curious of your usage - and I will need to give it a try.

That said, I am really looking hard at the Alphard V2 and wondering if I ought to purchase now or wait until winter and buy one then.
I found that with a front wheel unlocked it would be affected by uneven terrain more, with bumps or hollows causing the front wheel to turn based on how it hit them, whereas with a locked wheel it seemed to track a lot better

Same for me. When I'm pushing and the front wheel is unlocked, the cart seems a little less stable, especially on hills. This also impacts the cart when it's parked. It just seems more stable when the front wheel is locked.

Now that I have the Alphard v2 wheels, having the front wheel unlocked makes the cart to be much more agile while also being very stable (probably due to the additional weight). Again, I'm only one round in, but I found myself needing to redirect the cart (180-degrees) a few times which is very easy with the front wheel unlocked. (The cart can essentially spin.)

My opinion is different than that shared by @TheDoctor. For me, the swiveling front wheel makes the cart more maneuverable, and I play hilly courses. Also, having a remote, I would not spend the money for a cart unless it had one. I have tried it with and without and the remote is crucial for my use. Why? First, it allows me to walk towards my ball and stretch out my back and arms while I am walking. I ultimately stay more loose. Also, if I need to get to my ball in a place where it is not practical to take the cart, I can leave the cart and then bring the cart to me when I am finished either looking for a ball or when I have holed out my putt.

I guess it is different strokes for different folks.

Back