Motorized/Power Push Carts

My opinion is different than that shared by @TheDoctor. For me, the swiveling front wheel makes the cart more maneuverable, and I play hilly courses. Also, having a remote, I would not spend the money for a cart unless it had one. I have tried it with and without and the remote is crucial for my use. Why? First, it allows me to walk towards my ball and stretch out my back and arms while I am walking. I ultimately stay more loose. Also, if I need to get to my ball in a place where it is not practical to take the cart, I can leave the cart and then bring the cart to me when I am finished either looking for a ball or when I have holed out my putt.

I guess it is different strokes for different folks.
I think as well that it can depend on the course - there are a number of courses that I play that have gravelled paths and I found the swivelling wheel was much harder work as it tried to track over the loose gravel, whereas the fixed wheel seemed to be less affected

With the electric trolley I can simply set it at whatever speed I want and walk along behind/beside it and stretch if needed, or at times I will be grabbing something from one of the side pockets in my bag without having to stop to do so

As you say, different strokes for different folks, and there is an option for pretty much everyone these days

What the general census with the front wheel/wheels. Swivel wheel or fixed wheel? remote or not remote?
Swivel on the clicgear is a great option.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Who uses a battery powered push cart? What do you have and what are your thoughts about it? Does it make enough difference that the cost and extra hassle of use merits it relative to a high end push cart, such as a Clickgear 3.5+?
I’m interested in a powered trolley/cart. I prefer to walk but I’d welcome not having to push my cart.

I have 4 rounds now on the eWheels. I must say it has become the best equipment purchase for my game. I have walked-pushed 85% of the time for the last 5 years. I am amazed at how different I feel at the end of 18 holes now. Would think there was that much difference pushing vs just a walk in the park.
Unit has worked flawlessly as well. Fixed wheel really isn’t an issue at all. However I am a tinkerer and still may put a swivel on it. Unit runs straight and also does adjust itself on sidehills with the gyro feature on.
Really on if the best investments I made in myself and my game.

I feel the same what about my ewheels! I have a bagboy cart with the swivel front and it works fantastic! As you said, its amazing how I feel at the end of a round now vs how I would feel after pushing. A total game changer for the walker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, the Stewart Q follow was delivered yesterday. 8 week lead time, going to be a couple weeks before I can take it for a spin but I'm excited.

Oh man, the Stewart Q follow was delivered yesterday. 8 week lead time, going to be a couple weeks before I can take it for a spin but I'm excited.
Those look nice. Be looking for your thoughts on that one.

Have used my Alphard e-wheels about 10 times now, it's an incredible device for those who have compatible pushcarts. If you are on the fence and considering these - supposedly they are about to raise prices 30%. Not sure if that is Covid related or just supply and demand. That would put them about $1k (actually about $1020). But for now, they are $800 and Budget golf THP discount is 15% - makes them about $680 - big difference.

Just passing along what I have heard.

Have used my Alphard e-wheels about 10 times now, it's an incredible device for those who have compatible pushcarts. If you are on the fence and considering these - supposedly they are about to raise prices 30%. Not sure if that is Covid related or just supply and demand. That would put them about $1k (actually about $1020). But for now, they are $800 and Budget golf THP discount is 15% - makes them about $680 - big difference.

Just passing along what I have heard.

If you didnt purchase the tether to go with it I highly suggest it. I ordered the tether when I ordered my e wheels but the tether was back ordered until July. The remote worked well but after receiving my tether that has taken it to a whole new level. It follows perfectly and you are hands free while you walk. Makes walking much more enjoyable!

If you didnt purchase the tether to go with it I highly suggest it. I ordered the tether when I ordered my e wheels but the tether was back ordered until July. The remote worked well but after receiving my tether that has taken it to a whole new level. It follows perfectly and you are hands free while you walk. Makes walking much more enjoyable!

Correct no tether - and for me, I am not missing it - I did once have a follow style cart - it was not tethered, but I was not happy with that aspect - the attached tether is likely a game changer. I am doing really well with the remote - no issues no concerns. I walk with remote in left hand (usually) and water in right hand. Just the act of walking has made my game both more enjoyable, and I think I have improved from it too - riding can be awful - it was for the cart path only people today. I was still relatively fresh - and I was faster than them too.

I may well look into the tether later or next year, but for now - really happy with the product as is.

Correct no tether - and for me, I am not missing it - I did once have a follow style cart - it was not tethered, but I was not happy with that aspect - the attached tether is likely a game changer. I am doing really well with the remote - no issues no concerns. I walk with remote in left hand (usually) and water in right hand. Just the act of walking has made my game both more enjoyable, and I think I have improved from it too - riding can be awful - it was for the cart path only people today. I was still relatively fresh - and I was faster than them too.

I may well look into the tether later or next year, but for now - really happy with the product as is.

Totally agree with walking being more enjoyable. I love a late evening 9 hole walk after work and would go every evening if I could. Cant believe how much fresher I am now versus when I was pushing. Its amazing how much you lose pushing.

Back