Motorized/Power Push Carts

went from a Clicgear pusher to a Motocaddy M1. Won't go back to pushing. Cart is awesome. Has down hill decent control which is nice. Does not have the auto distance control 10/15/25 yards and then stop. Wish I got that feature for sure.
I'm still strong at the end of the round. Electric beats pushing by a mile.

Those are all good and valid points.

I now have 6 rounds on the one I purchased. I admit that it makes a difference at the end of a round on a hilly course. I am not sure it makes a difference in how I feel on a flat course, relative to my Clickgear 3.5+

My motorized caddy is slick to set up, but I have struggled to keep my bag sitting tight within it, which has been frustrating. I absolutely would not spend the money on one unless it had a remote and the wheelie wheel in the back to prevent it from flipping over on an incline. Even then, I stay close by mine when going up a slope.

I also have trouble keeping a bag straight on my Bat Caddy. It is wise to stay close to the caddy going up hill.

Yesterday, I received my new battery I ordered from Bat Caddy and walked the front nine today. I made it, albeit a bit tired, and the cart performed decently well, despite pulling hard left the entire round. When I ordered the battery, I also ordered their Mountain Slayer Anti-Tip wheel. As per the pic on their website, it's supposed to be a dual wheel device. The one I received is a single wheel that I suspect is the $20 cheaper option. I emailed them last night and got a "we'll look into it response." I'll keep everyone posted about how they handle it.

After about 10 rounds I’m really liking my MGI Zip Navigator. Runs strong, very stable, and getting the hang of the remote. The Sun Mountain Sync bag stays rock steady on it, unlike the Sun Mountain Pathfinder 3 it was allegedly designed for. I’m glad I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heard back from Bat Caddy. They immediately owned up to their mistake and are shipping the correct anti-tip wheel along with a call tag for the return. That's how you do business. Good on Bat Caddy.

I have had a Kangaroo cart for two years and been very satisfied with it. The price is higher than most, but I think it is one of the best built carts, and it is made in North Carolina. I play on some very hilly courses with some very steep sided greens. It is very stable, and I don’t think I could turn it over. One guy did run his in a lake because battery for remote was weak. I change mine as soon as I notice a slow response.

I have an MGI Zip Navigator and the remote charges, rather than using replaceable batteries.

In case anyone is interested, here is a photo of my setup with the MGI motorized caddy.

Attachments

• 4BC85123-7C47-4277-8CEC-3C560C67E333.jpeg
    4BC85123-7C47-4277-8CEC-3C560C67E333.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 22
In case anyone is interested, here is a photo of my setup with the MGI motorized caddy.

That's not fair, Tenputt! You're making me want to order one, dang it!

Some more eye candy to tempt you. MGI Zip Navigator with Sun Mountain Sync bag.
10739966efbfcfa658ae7d74ad492c00.jpg

Played 18 with my MGI Zip Navigator today. It was the first time since I purchased it that the temperature was in the 80’s and the little bit of extra heat helped me see the benefit of the motorized cart. I got to 18 and still felt very fresh. I am able to keep my shoulders and back loose with some little exercises while I am walking along with the cart, not having to have my hands down pushing it.

At this point, I feel that it was a great purchase.

Some more eye candy to tempt you. MGI Zip Navigator with Sun Mountain Sync bag.
10739966efbfcfa658ae7d74ad492c00.jpg

Great looking setup!

On my second Bag Boy Navigator. They are the top of the line, pretty much bulletproof. Over 4,000 miles the past 7 years. First one ended up in a lake - not good. Remote control, 4th wheel and gyroscope navigation, seat.

Not sure of the discounts, but I'll be waiting until the end of the season to pick one up. Still deciding what brand and options I want... And baby formula is really expensive!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not sure of the discounts, but I'll be waiting until the end of the season to pick one up. Still deciding what brand and options I want... And baby formula is really expensive!

https://www.motogolf.com has all different brands, best prices I’ve found, and are very helpful. I almost got a Powakaddy C2i but went with MGI Navigator based on reviews and its remote capabilities. I’m happy with it so far.

https://www.motogolf.com has all different brands, best prices I’ve found, and are very helpful. I almost got a Powakaddy C2i but went with MGI Navigator based on reviews and its remote capabilities. I’m happy with it so far.

Thanks. I've been looking there. Love all the extras they seem to provide.

I'm going to be watching this thread...my new house is in a golf community and there are a ton of walkers...and I'm over carrying or pushing anything lol

Same here. I did quite a bit of research and didn’t want to pay for the most expensive, but wanted something with all of the vital features. Motogolf highly recommended the MGI Zip Navigator, based on my wants. MGI makes the carts for Bagboy, fwiw.

Getting quality upfront is worth it. MGI Australia has supplied Bag Boy from the start, hence the Navigator name that has carried on. 4th wheel, gyroscope technology, rotating front wheel, lithium battery and key accessories are important plusses.

Who uses a battery powered push cart? What do you have and what are your thoughts about it? Does it make enough difference that the cost and extra hassle of use merits it relative to a high end push cart, such as a Clickgear 3.5+?

I currently have a CartTek 1500Li that's two years old, and I think it's a great battery-powered cart. The push cart I was using before was a Steward R1-S, and I was unable to retro-fit the eWheels to the cart. I would highly encourage everyone to give a battery-powered cart a try, as you will not be dissapointed.

Mike
MPM1960

Motorized Push/Pull Carts

Motorized Push/Pull Carts

I have searched the forum and could not find a thread. Does anyone have a motorized push/pull cart and if so

1. What brand
2. Are you happy with it and would reccomend it to others
3. Does it follow behind you auomatically

Thanks in advance.

I have a BatCaddy X3R electric caddy that I bought back in '14. In general, I've not been upset with it. It's a good, solid caddy, but mine has always had a nasty tendency to pull to the left. A friend of mine has one, and his does not. Would I recommend it? Yes. Would I buy another one? No.

It does not automatically follow you.

I have searched the forum and could not find a thread. Does anyone have a motorized push/pull cart and if so

1. What brand
2. Are you happy with it and would reccomend it to others
3. Does it follow behind you auomatically

Thanks in advance.

As mentioned (with pics) previously in this thread, I purchased an MGI Zip Navigator. So far, it has worked great and I am happy with it. I have experienced zero problems in terms of alignment, battery, etc. It is very easy to use. I would recommend it.

I am unaware of any caddy that will follow the player, other than the Stewart caddy that runs $2,500. I am sure it is a nice feature, but the remote works extremely well on mine and I don’t feel like I am missing anything not having that feature.

As mentioned (with pics) previously in this thread, I purchased an MGI Zip Navigator. So far, it has worked great and I am happy with it. I have experienced zero problems in terms of alignment, battery, etc. It is very easy to use. I would recommend it.

I am unaware of any caddy that will follow the player, other than the Stewart caddy that runs $2,500. I am sure it is a nice feature, but the remote works extremely well on mine and I don’t feel like I am missing anything not having that feature.

I agree, Tenputt. The follow feature sounds neat, but I'd be almost afraid to use it. Just when you think you've got everything down pat, these things develop a mind of their own. I could see mine (if it had the follow feature) driving itself into a lake while my back was turned.

Also, from everything you've said about your Zip Navigator, if and when I replace my BatCaddy, the Navigator while be right at the top of my consideration list.

I almost bought one with a follow me mode but glad I went with the Navigator as well. Even now, I’m very careful with it around water. I do wish it had the send it ahead 50-75 yard feature like some of the non remote models have.

... A follow me cart would be nice if I played a links or links style course and it is always relatively flat with the next tee box next to the green I am playing. But more often than not, I send my remote cart away from the tee box or green I am playing. I am on the green and only need my putter and the next tee box is way off to the right or left. Just pull my putter and leave the cart on the path to the next hole. And leaving a green with the next tee box 50yds or more in a direction when I will come right back to my current position, I leave my cart there and just take my driver so I would not want my cart following me. Of course bridges, rocky/wood chip paths, thick grass and other features would make follow mode difficult as well. I have been using remote carts since the mid 90's and it is kinda like breathing, I just don't pay much attention to them other than carrying my clubs and it being in the right spot.

Back