Motorola Droid & Android Thread

PS- This site makes the best accessories Ive ever seen. They just added Droid stuff. seidioonline.com

Oh excellent!! I have been looking for a decent case for mine with not much luck. Cant believe they released the phone with such marketing, and have such limited cases for the item located in retail stores. I guess that could be a regional thing though.

Just got the update this morning. My phone is running super fast and my emails seems to be working great now that I have the separate Gmail accounts forwarding me my mail. If it continues to work like it has this morning then I must say....I am in love!

Great to hear!! Looks like the BF may be getting the new Droid soon!!

i am back with another update. First off, Kevin, the Task Ap Killer is freaking awesome. Perfectly functional and works flawlessly. No wonder every one is recommending it.

The email thing is becoming a small issue for me. It seems that I did get it all set up through gmail. Gmail checks all of my pop accounts and then filters them down to me.

However there is no way to have Gmail check pop accounts at certain intervals. It bases it on an equation so some accounts get checked hourly and busier accounts get checked more rapidly.

Apparently this has been a known problem on the Gmail thing for 2 years as a simple google search brought up hundreds complaining about this.

It is definitely an issue for me with emails, but I am learning to live with it. The device does a whole lot of things well. Including email as long as you are gmail. Email is still no where near what it is on a blackberry.

For some reason I was under the impression that you also used the Exchange server. Do you only use Gmail?

For some reason I was under the impression that you also used the Exchange server. Do you only use Gmail?

No exchange server. Always just used pop3 accounts. Blackberry is push with pop accounts meaning you get those the minute they come in. The Droid and Gmail in general can take up to 50 minutes to check those Pop accounts.

Oh excellent!! I have been looking for a decent case for mine with not much luck. Cant believe they released the phone with such marketing, and have such limited cases for the item located in retail stores. I guess that could be a regional thing though.

Yeah I love their cases! Im hoping the gf got me the Innocase for Christmas, if not I'll grab it myself. I was in the Verizon store exchanging my sons POS Envy3 for one that actually works and checked out the Droid cases. JUNK! They all were cheap, bulky and ugly!

So JB, when you set up a pop3 account, there's no option for the interval it checks? Thats kinda lame.

So JB, when you set up a pop3 account, there's no option for the interval it checks? Thats kinda lame.

Nope, none, nada. Apparently thousands have complained to Google about it, but they like their math that they have and use to check it. Its flat out terrible. I got 12 emails last time and it dropped it down to 9 minute intervals. Then I got 0 it went up to 27 minute intervals. Then I got 6 and it went to 12 minutes.

Its like a freaking game.

And if you set up the accunts manually it doesnt do any better? I havent done any manually so Im not to familiar with that process.

I am in the group that when you set them up manually it works for a few hours and then just stops working. Apparently there are A LOT like that.

Ok yeah I see that from poking around some forums online. Seems Google failed the any other email outside of Gmail part.

I believe in the company Google and their open source. Being Open Source will make this device so successful. It will be fixed I am sure of that.

I agree with you there. Google is looking to dominate. Have you got the update yet on yours? I dont think it will make any difference though. From what Ive read the next update (2.1) will be huge and in January.

Updated last night. Its definitely faster and the battery is better. I do not think it fixed the camera though. January I just read was 2.02, not 2.1

Oh really, that sucks. So its just the next update from 2.01. I agree, the camera is very average at best. Its really like any other phone, if lighting is perfect they look pretty good but degrade rapidly with the lighting. I read that the speed of taking pictures and start up was increased.

The speed of the camera is now definitely faster. With good lighting or outside it is better than a lot of cell cameras.

Yeah I guess it does do better then most. One thing that bugs me a little is when your in the camera I feel like the volume buttons should be the lens zoom buttons. That and my fingers always seem to find the lens and get in the way!

Yeah I guess it does do better then most. One thing that bugs me a little is when your in the camera I feel like the volume buttons should be the lens zoom buttons. That and my fingers always seem to find the lens and get in the way!

I do the same thing every time!! Instead of zooming I just end up making the volume louder!

I found one app that talks to me while I am cooking. I can put a recipe on there and then ask the phone how much salt and it tells me! Very cool.

Me too.

I do the same thing every time!! Instead of zooming I just end up making the volume louder!

I found one app that talks to me while I am cooking. I can put a recipe on there and then ask the phone how much salt and it tells me! Very cool.

lol thats pretty cool. Is that a Google app? I think I saw it.

I just took a picture of a candy cane on my desk SUPER close, closer then I thought would work and it came out perfect! Impressed!

do you have a music program that you like? I tried pandora but my phone just froze, plus it wasn't really what I was looking for. I was hoping for something where I could download the songs I want or pick a genre and listen that way and download or save a song if I really liked it. Of course I would love it to be free too but I don't want to ne selfish haha.

I've got to get that one for Liz!!! Anyone for a rolaid

do you have a music program that you like? I tried pandora but my phone just froze, plus it wasn't really what I was looking for. I was hoping for something where I could download the songs I want or pick a genre and listen that way and download or save a song if I really liked it. Of course I would love it to be free too but I don't want to ne selfish haha.

icon5.gif
http://www.lala.com/

Not really. I was never into Pandora just because it was a battery killer on my iPhone. I use a music player called Mixzing, seems a bit better then the stock music player. But its just a player. Theres Slacker Radio but thats just for listening I think. Also I saw an app with good reviews called Shazam. Not real sure what all it does though. i Music looks like it might let you download MP3 songs.

Do you guys use Verizons VVM (visual voice mail)? I hate how Verizon nickle and dimes you for every little thing. Some of the stuff just should be free.

Noticed on mine that using it on wifi kinda sucks. I couldnt get on the App Market with wifi on, had to turn it off. Then it worked fine. Also seems as if its actually faster on the 3G then wifi. Thats strange.

Back