Motorola Droid & Android Thread

Not really. I was never into Pandora just because it was a battery killer on my iPhone. I use a music player called Mixzing, seems a bit better then the stock music player. But its just a player. Theres Slacker Radio but thats just for listening I think. Also I saw an app with good reviews called Shazam. Not real sure what all it does though. i Music looks like it might let you download MP3 songs.

Do you guys use Verizons VVM (visual voice mail)? I hate how Verizon nickle and dimes you for every little thing. Some of the stuff just should be free.

Noticed on mine that using it on wifi kinda sucks. I couldnt get on the App Market with wifi on, had to turn it off. Then it worked fine. Also seems as if its actually faster on the 3G then wifi. Thats strange.

Lol I think you can read my mind. I just downloaded Mixzing and it seems like it is going to do everything I am looking for. I tried iMusic but you have to remove the songs after you listen to them otherwise it's a copyright issue. You can download the songs to your phone but it will cost you. Shazam is pretty cool I just downloaded that too. With that if you were in your car or a restaurant or wherever and you hear a song you love but you have no idea who sings it or what it's called Shazam will listen to it and pop up all the info on the song. That's pretty much all it does though, if you want to listen to the song you have to pay to download it.

I don't use the VVM because, just like you said, Verizon tries to nickle and dime you for EVERYTHING! If we weren't locked into a 2 year contract we would be gone, they are an awful company who has no care for their customers. I forgot how much I hate verizon until we signed back up and we only did it because we were told it was the only carrier that got service where we moved, but we don't get that great of service with them either.

I have also noticed that sometimes I need to turn the wifi off to get certain things to work, and other times it works better with it. It's very weird. We are both having issues with our GPS, I turned my wifi off and it seems to be working now, but I have read that is not a permanent fix and there seems to be some major issues with the GPS in the Florida area. I am not too concerned yet since it is google, I trust they will fix the problem in a somewhat timely manner.

I just read a 109 response thread on google about GPS issues in FL and a few other places with google maps. It seems to be an issue with Google picking up satellites anything south of Ocala on the west side of state. It only appears to be happening to those that took the new update on maps.

They did say a fix was coming soon. But that was on the 4th.

Thats strange, since GPS is satellite based why would it matter that you live in FL. I actually used Maps last night to find my gf's Christmas party. It was at a restaurant that I had never been to in the city. Worked like a charm. I have noticed sometimes GPS takes a while to pick up satellites but usually it will.

The google maps program on the Droid is by far the BEST GPS I have ever seen or used. The searching, speaking, and everything that goes along with it, is simply amazing. Once they fix this small glitch, it is going to be a standout on this phone for quite some time.

And its free.

I like that they keep updating stuff too. Google is good in that regard. I did have battery issues last night though. By the end of the night I was in the orange-red color. Im starting to think that using maps is going to require the window mount along with a car charger. I could have REALLY used that last night.

All GPS apps are going to drain the battery. Since the update my battery was really strong yesterday.

How are the Droids? still with them? Wanted to pass along a tip I found on another site. If your battery doors are loose or come off easily you can call Motorola for a new one that is supposed to be better. Call, 800-734-5870 gets you to their support center and they already know about the problem. I have one on the way as my door has fallen off a few times already.

Re:Motorola Droid on Verizon

Re:Motorola Droid on Verizon

Since reading this thread, I had to go out and get one as well. The Droid is awesome! I hardly use my computer anymore since this thing does all that I need.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Still have some email issues, but the workaround works okay. Otherwise I really like it. It is certainly no Blackberry for email, but the browser is quite good and the speed blows my AT&T Iphone away. The app store is expanding by the freaking minute too. God Bless Google for making things open.

So far so good, the droids are great! Well except for the email that is still a mess but I am holding faith that google will come up with a better solution.

I learn a new thing everyday on the phone. Oh and it never gets old hearing the phone say "Droid".

I agree 100%, the DROID sound never gets old! CNET has a cool app that will scan a bar code and then find prices for you. The nerd in me loved it but no one else seemed too impressed. Ive had on and off issues with the two SMS apps I have installed. The SMS counter app and Handcent one seem to take turns crashing on me. Other then that I still love mine.

There are quite a few apps just like that. Google Goggles is another one that is fun.

Hey Ive noticed a few people posting, I think you did too JB, from their Droids using Tapatalk... is it that much better then just using the browser? I find the browser quite good and easy to use. And dont you have to pay for it?

Hey Ive noticed a few people posting, I think you did too JB, from their Droids using Tapatalk... is it that much better then just using the browser? I find the browser quite good and easy to use. And dont you have to pay for it?

tapatalk is freaking great. Especially now that the PM's work. Its free in beta right now.

tapatalk is freaking great. Especially now that the PM's work. Its free in beta right now.

I kinda looked into it but not really. I thought it said PM's didnt work in the "lite" version.. I'll just go grab it in the market and check it out.

Its working fine from my end. Do not use it often, but when I do it works well.

I use the tapatalk whenever I'm not at work. It works great except for a few things. Youtube posts, the "lets make a deal" video posts, some pictures, and smilies don't come through. I really like surfing the homepage with my droid now that it has a mobile version to view the reviews.

Major update coming in the next few days. Or you can manually update like I did for those with no patience. So far so good. Has cool live wallpapers that move around. Some other things too. hopefully I dont drop calls anymore.

Just in time because I am headed back to the BB. GG is keeping her Droid, but I just could not. Email is king in my world and the Droid just does not do that as well as BB's do. Here is hoping that the phone works in our offices and that the new update makes GG's phone that much better.

That's good news. I can't wait to see what they clean up. I'm not as ambitious as you, Kevin, so I'll just wait it out.

Which BB you going with? I still have the old 8330 and up for a change, but this one just keeps working great. I charge this thing every three days and generally only a few hours on the charge.

Which BB you going with? I still have the old 8330 and up for a change, but this one just keeps working great. I charge this thing every three days and generally only a few hours on the charge.

Im switching back to the Tour. I loved the features, but it struggled with reception. Apparently that has been fixed. VZW would not change out. I had to find someone online that was willing to make the trade. Gave them the Droid and they are shipping me the Tour +100 bucks.

Re: Motorola Droid on Verizon

Re: Motorola Droid on Verizon

Dirt its actually very easy to do. I did mine earlier this morning in about 5 minutes. Im hoping mine drops less calls. I was getting frusterated by dropped calls but full signal. I actually picked up a Palm Pre Plus off Ebay but it had issues turning itself off for no reason other then sliding it closed. So it went back and if the Droid keeps acting up I might try it again.

JB what BB are you getting? A friend just got the new Curve that has the optical trackpad instead of the trackball and loves it. Never mind JB just saw your reply.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sweet deal. I may go look at them this week. I can give the 8330 to Liz and upgrade mine to a Tour, lol.

Sweet! I look forward to the update. I thought JB would be able to make it a little longer before going back to the BB but it was just a matter of time. He is just a BB fan at heart. The email thing is really annoying with the droid but I do have faith that it will be fixed and I actually prefer the pull out keyboard much better on the droid then I did the BB so I will definitely be keepin this phone. I like that I have phone service in the office for me that is the most important thing.

Back