Motorola Droid & Android Thread

Phone, email and Messenger are a must for me. Any other features are just gravy. I'd love the pull out keyboard and a lot of apps, but not worth it if email was a problem.

Re: Motorola Droid on Verizon

Re: Motorola Droid on Verizon

I was just playing with the live wallpapers. They are actually pretty neat. You can use google maps as your wallpaper and it changes with your location. Wonder if it kills the battery. I did see that yahoo mail is now supported natively. They added goggles and a night mode to maps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am in love with the web browser of the droid. If I could get the web browser from the droid with the email from the BB I would have the perfect phone. When using the web the touchscreen is so much better then trying to search the web from the BB and I normally hate touch screen.

So can someone find me BB email service, Droid pull-out keyboard and web browser all in one phone? That would be great, thanks :smile:

Dirt its actually very easy to do. I did mine earlier this morning in about 5 minutes. Im hoping mine drops less calls. I was getting frusterated by dropped calls but full signal. I actually picked up a Palm Pre Plus off Ebay but it had issues turning itself off for no reason other then sliding it closed. So it went back and if the Droid keeps acting up I might try it again.

I read the walkthrough but I figured I'd just let it do its thing. I mainly use it to browse the internet and message with friends so those features have been working fine. I actually have never encountered the "dropped call" problem that you said. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I just got a Palm Pre Plus. Verizon has a deal where you can upgrade early (from any non-smart phone) for $50.00.

This device is amazing. I prefer it to both the Droid and the IPhone, although all 3 devices are pretty comparable.

Can't say enough good things about the Pre.

Glad you like the Pre but Im not with you. I have one here but I cant stand it. I can do so much more with the Droid. And wow does the Pre feel CHEAP. But I do like the WebOS, just not the hardware that it in. Takes forever to open stuff up and the edges by the keyboard could slice steaks theyre so sharp. And those keys are just way too small. I also found the signal to be weaker most places compared to the Droid. I wanted to like it and Id like to see Palm succeed but with second rate hardware they'll never make it. Just my experience from using them both. Let me know if you want a backup phone lol

just got the Samsung Moment Android phone last nite from Sprint and I love it so far! any cool free apps anyone can suggest? I am updating the GPS right now for the FL outing trip! thanks!

TC, this one is calling your name.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/R2D2DROIDPhone/index.html

phone3.jpg

lmao thats just terrible. If anyone has the cojones to rock that phone and man up about it, Im impressed.

haha, yeah, i'm a fan, just not that much of a fan. i'd get beat up having something like that. now if it was c3po, i'd consider it.

My VZW woes have officially come to an end as GG and I bit the bullet and got out of that stranglehold they call a contract. $540 in ETF fees later, we are both using Android phones now. She has the Samsung Epic and I have the HTC EVO. Both are AWESOME so far and SOOOOO fast. I miss BB Messenger no doubt (but 3 of my messenger friends switched), and email is not the same, but its nice to have the apps back.

i'm about to drop a serious verbal whippin' on VZW! i got my bill yesterday and it was not what we discussed! heads are gonna roll.

My VZW woes have officially come to an end as GG and I bit the bullet and got out of that stranglehold they call a contract. $540 in ETF fees later, we are both using Android phones now. She has the Samsung Epic and I have the HTC EVO. Both are AWESOME so far and SOOOOO fast. I miss BB Messenger no doubt (but 3 of my messenger friends switched), and email is not the same, but its nice to have the apps back.

Sounds like you switched to Sprint. I told myself Id never go back to them ever again a long time ago. They do seem to be better now though

i'm about to drop a serious verbal whippin' on VZW! i got my bill yesterday and it was not what we discussed! heads are gonna roll.

We had that problem for 14 months. Finally enough was enough when they told me that "sorry you have a broken phone that does not work, we know its a problem with those, but unless you want to pay full retail for another, you are stuck with it".

So we left and went back to Sprint where we were thrilled to death previously. We are going to save $38 per month roughly for double the minutes and 10X the features included. Including calling any mobile on any network included.

+1 Sprint stinks around here
Sounds like you switched to Sprint. I told myself Id never go back to them ever again a long time ago. They do seem to be better now though

+1 Sprint stinks around here

They were pretty much my first cell service in this area, back when it was Sprint PCS and I was never left high and dry with no signal more then with them.

+1 again! Sprint PCS only worked if you were standing next to the tower. If I ever leave AT&T/iPhone I'll definitely go back to VZW (awesome here in the NE) and grab a drooooiiiid. I'll always associate that 'droid' ring with you. When I first met you at last year's golf outing that's all I heard from your phone. lol
They were pretty much my first cell service in this area, back when it was Sprint PCS and I was never left high and dry with no signal more then with them.

+1 again! Sprint PCS only worked if you were standing next to the tower. If I ever leave AT&T/iPhone I'll definitely go back to VZW (awesome here in the NE) and grab a drooooiiiid. I'll always associate that 'droid' ring with you. When I first met you at last year's golf outing that's all I heard from your phone. lol

But when you move to FL, will your decision change? haha

it will depend on what the official wireless service of THP is lol
But when you move to FL, will your decision change? haha

JB - Jenn and I switched from Verizon to sprint back in January. She got the blackberry Curve, i got the HTC Hero(wish I had waited for the EVO). I haven't had an issue with sprint yet. The great thing is, is that when I roam(which isn't often) I roam off verizon and it only costs me minutes. Since I have 1500 minutes between the 2 of us, and they only count if I call a landline or I am roaming, I never use my minutes. I think I use about 70 a month.

Glad to know Sprint works well in Florida for when I move there

JB - Jenn and I switched from Verizon to sprint back in January. She got the blackberry Curve, i got the HTC Hero(wish I had waited for the EVO). I haven't had an issue with sprint yet. The great thing is, is that when I roam(which isn't often) I roam off verizon and it only costs me minutes. Since I have 1500 minutes between the 2 of us, and they only count if I call a landline or I am roaming, I never use my minutes. I think I use about 70 a month.

Glad to know Sprint works well in Florida for when I move there

We are the exact same way. We get full VZW coverage in roaming and only use about 70 minutes. Plus we pay almost $40 a month less for more minutes and WAY more features.

We are the exact same way. We get full VZW coverage in roaming and only use about 70 minutes. Plus we pay almost $40 a month less for more minutes and WAY more features.

Our bill is like 118 a month with Sprint. When we decided to go with smartphones our bill with verizon would have been 30 bucks more a month with only 700 minutes a month. I have no complaints. Though I do like the different phones on Verizon. When I got my android it was either the HTC Hero or the Samsung Moment. The Evo looks cool, has a ton of features.

What are the chances of a THP app for android?

Tapatalk?

Plus our home page is android friendly as well.

Tapatalk?

Plus our home page is android friendly as well.

I don't even use Tapatalk. I view everything through the browser. Everything is fast enough for me.

Back