Moved up a tee box today

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played this morning with a couple of guys from work that have retired or are a bit older. I (13hc) being a reasonably long hitter, normally play the tips(5700yds) (small public course) however, in the spirit of shooting the bull and just having fun, I moved up to the next tees(5300yds) with everyone else. My previous best score was 76. Today I posted a 73, is that cheating? My game IS getting better, but I can still get erratic off the tee. Moving up makes a huge difference on an already small course crazy small. Most holes I hit 3wd off the tee, but every par 4 is drivable from the 2nd teebox. Felt great to post a +1 score, but felt a little slimy too. :ROFLMAO: Cheating or no?

I played this morning with a couple of guys from work that have retired or are a bit older. I (13hc) being a reasonably long hitter, normally play the tips(5700yds) (small public course) however, in the spirit of shooting the bull and just having fun, I moved up to the next tees(5300yds) with everyone else. My previous best score was 76. Today I posted a 73, is that cheating? My game IS getting better, but I can still get erratic off the tee. Moving up makes a huge difference on an already small course crazy small. Most holes I hit 3wd off the tee, but every par 4 is drivable from the 2nd teebox. Felt great to post a +1 score, but felt a little slimy too. :ROFLMAO: Cheating or no?

Not in the slightest. still have to hit all the shots right? Would guess the course index will adjust accordingly so great job on a wonderful score.

No it's not cheating. Congrats on the new PB.

No way. Whatever makes the game fun and enjoyable is not cheating. It's called golf. Doesn't matter the distance, you still have to hit good golf shots.

Not cheating in my book! Great round!!

I enjoy playing from forward tees. I will shoot 3-6 shots better usually and I enjoy the game more when I score well. If its a course I play often I will play the shorter tees until I break 80 and then move back from there.

It’s not cheating, but you have to carry a ball retriever will doing it!🤣 Also, gotta hit up the Senior early bird special at K&W on the way home! #ricepudding

No, that's a great way to break a barrier or shoot a low score. Handicaps are adjusted and gold is golf IMO. It gives me a ton of confidence when I do that and my next round back a little further is almost always better too.

You still have to get the ball in the hole. Great round! :)

I moved up quite a bit to enjoy the company of Mr @Sean last year. My plan going in was to just hit 4i off the tee, that lasted until the 1st tee, lol.

If you really want to be honest with yourself, figure out course handicap using the slope and rating combination to see what your Net score really was. There is nothing wrong with playing the red tees, but if you really want to know the quality of your scoring figure out your Net score. I played a course yesterday that was only 5400 yards long but had a slope rating of 142.

If you really want to be honest with yourself, figure out course handicap using the slope and rating combination to see what your Net score really was. There is nothing wrong with playing the red tees, but if you really want to know the quality of your scoring figure out your Net score. I played a course yesterday that was only 5400 yards long but had a slope rating of 142.

Holy ****, was it built in a swamp? Lol.

I can’t even imagine.

Tee box, Woods, and then a green?

I can’t even comprehend.

Holy ****, was it built in a swamp? Lol.

I can’t even imagine.

Tee box, Woods, and then a green?

I can’t even comprehend.
Sorry, I did give you the wrong information. Here are the actual ratings, as we played from the white tees.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-180255~2.png
    Screenshot_20200923-180255~2.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 11
Ya done good. Great score!

See, now if you were playing from those tees regularly and scoring par or below, then it would be cheating and you would have to move back a tee box.:LOL:

Rules still stay the same from those tees and the ball still needs to go in the hole. Great round!

Sorry, I did give you the wrong information. Here are the actual ratings, as we played from the white tees.

No worries. Still no joke with a rating like that from that yardage. Maybe they pruned 2 trees a hole to give you a chance?

At any rate, I don’t wanna play that course (hell, I’d play it, just would whine a lot, lol).

Yeah there are very few courses anywhere close to that slope. Our state park course is 142 from the tips, but most courses here are in the low 120's. I think my home course is 109 from the tips and 104 from the next box up(where we played). 96 from the reds :oops:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-173341_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-173341_Chrome.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
Yeah there are very few courses anywhere close to that slope. Our state park course is 142 from the tips, but most courses here are in the low 120's. I think my home course is 109 from the tips and 104 from the next box up(where we played). 96 from the reds :oops:

Now that, that looks like a course that’s commensurate with my current abilities.

Y’all can keep your 154.8 rated courses. I used to think them a challenge. I also used to like to work on vehicles.

Times have changed my brothers.

Quick edit: Your home course looks like my type of course, not the 142 slope.

Great round. Congrats on the new PB

Back