Movie suggestions on Netflix or on Amazon Prime..what do you recommend???

CorvetteGuy

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.6
help me fill my future watch list -- what cha got?

Sorry, I have nothing to add but I'm very interested in this thread. I pay for all these services and end up with 'decision paralysis' and end up just scrolling through until I get frustrated enough to just turn off the TV. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I have nothing to add but I'm very interested in this thread. I pay for all these services and end up with 'decision paralysis' and end up just scrolling through until I get frustrated enough to just turn off the TV. :ROFLMAO:
Not a movie suggestion but I spent like 4 months watching the Stargate SG-1 series (you know, the one with McGuyver). My wife was not a fan, but she couldn't decide what she wanted so I got to be nerdy.

Same. I look at everything available... then end up watching Arrested Development or The Office again.

It's on D+, but the Beatles doc "Get Back" is absolutely incredible so far. I watched the first installment and will be starting in on the second tonight. They're all around 2.5 hours long.

Red Notice
The Harder They Fall
Cowboy Bebop (series)

I tend to look for SciFi movies. Sometimes the campier, the better. Sure, I'll look for the new ones but occasionally I'll look at the 1 and 2 star rated movies too. Sometimes they're so bad, they're good.:ROFLMAO:

And I like anime sometimes. :confused2::ROFLMAO:

Polar

These are both French, but wonderfully done.

How I became a super hero
The Intouchables

I watched John Statham movie "The Wrath of Man" the other night on Netflix and albeit story was a little confusing at times it was a neat look at something you don't see behind the ropes. Big fan of John as well, shows no mercy. Note I checked Wikipedia after to validate a few things.

Dig into Bosch on Amazon Prime if you haven’t

also the Tom Clancy stuff

If you want to watch some cool flicks find a list of films made by the studio A24. They're not all great, but they're all interesting and most of them are range from pretty good to great. They are exceptional at making horror flicks and coming of age movies.

Couple of my favorites are 90's Kid and 8th Grade. I think any teenager should watch 8the Grade.

Red Notice was pretty entertaining. Watched that with the wife this weekend.
If you haven't seen it yet the zombie movie with Dave Bautista was a pretty good watch.
If you're looking more TV show side, the new Amazon series Wheel of Time is pretty good. Only 4 episodes so far, new ones every Friday.

I thought Red Notice was really good. The Harder They Fall is next on my list once I have finished The Beatles doc on Disney + (which is bloody brilliant by the way. If you like the Beatles, or music in general, this is a fascinating must watch!)
Being a massive fan of squid game, I started watching Hellbound last week. It’s ok, but hasn’t quite grabbed me the way squid game did.

The limited series with Kevin Hart and Wesley Snipes is pretty good. Only 7 episodes. It's called True Story

Seems like Nicholas Cage and Bruce Willis will do any movie, any time, any place... and most of them stink! We actually watched a decent Nicholas Cage flick though (not sure if it was on Netflix or Hulu though).

PIG

The harder they fall - tell me more?

This is the official IMDB synopsis - "When an outlaw discovers his enemy is being released from prison, he reunites his gang to seek revenge in this Western".

I'm not saying it's going to win any awards, but it was definitely an entertaining ride. It grabs you from the opening scene and doesn't really let up.

The cast is fantastic - Idris Elba, Regina King, Jonathan Majors (who's likely to be the next big baddie in the MCU), Zazie Beetz, etc. Great acting from everyone involved.

I don't want to say too much, but there is a twist at the end I wasn't expecting.

Thanks for posting this. Now I feel kind of normal. :p

Watched one on Netflix the other night called The Forgotten Battle. It's a WW2 movie and was pretty good. Another netflix movie that is a few years old that I liked is The Seige at Jadotsville.

Not a movie suggestion but I spent like 4 months watching the Stargate SG-1 series (you know, the one with McGuyver). My wife was not a fan, but she couldn't decide what she wanted so I got to be nerdy.

Dopesick on HULU

Back