Moving from CBX to Jaws?

bozack

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone go from a big cavity back wedge to something more blade like

I had an older RTX3 that I moved out for the CBX and so far have liked the CBX but at times find it hard to manage some shots around the green, been looking at the Jaws wedges but not sure if I am ready yet to go back to more of a blade style and wondered if anyone moved back and their perspective on it?

Thanks

Anyone go from a big cavity back wedge to something more blade like

I had an older RTX3 that I moved out for the CBX and so far have liked the CBX but at times find it hard to manage some shots around the green, been looking at the Jaws wedges but not sure if I am ready yet to go back to more of a blade style and wondered if anyone moved back and their perspective on it?

Thanks
I spent some time with the Cleveland Smart Sole wedges this spring and then went back to the RTX Zipcores. I have mostly been in a blade profile so I might not be the best comp but it was fairly seamless for me. The biggest issue I has is with the smart sole I got a little lazy with my strike/focus knowing I had the big sole to bail me out which caught up with me at times.

I didn't do what you're suggesting but I've tried going the other way, from blade to CB. Did not care for that one bit. Even as bad as I am at golf, a wedge like an MG3 (my current favorite) or Vokey offers so much more control and precision that it's really no contest even on full swings IMO. FWIW I really like Callaway hardware but never could get along with their wedges. No idea why. There was some big time golf club guy who once said 'above an 8 iron forgiveness is irrelevant' or something like that. Can't remember the details but I agree with the sentiment. Anyone remember who that was or what he said?

Back