Moving - Hire Movers or Rent Truck

Using movers for the first time at the end of this month. So far the process has been easy; came out to give an estimate and told us to pack up anything loose and they'll do the rest. Knowing I just have to pack and unpack is definitely nice.

Using movers for the first time at the end of this month. So far the process has been easy; came out to give an estimate and told us to pack up anything loose and they'll do the rest. Knowing I just have to pack and unpack is definitely nice.

And golf!!!

Alright fellas...so here is the question. We are scheduled to move our stuff down tonFlorida from Ohio in a month. We’ve had a few moving quotes & they are anywhere from $2000 - $10000+. Honestly we aren’t taking all of our stuff, most of our stuff is already packed in the garage. I’ve looked at U-Haul and I can rent a truck, pack it & drive down for under $2,600. I’m skeptical about movers, I’ve heard & read the horror stories.

What would you do? Anyone have any discount codes for U-Haul or know a well recommended moving company?
I am at that age where I don't want to move heavy furniture. I am hiring movers if I can

It actually wasn’t that bad. I did end up driving the U-Haul down. Had a bunch of guys help load. When we got here we hired movers to unload into the house. Saved about $7,000 going that route.

Make sure it's a binding or a not-to-exceed binding estimate. Trust me.

Alright fellas...so here is the question. We are scheduled to move our stuff down tonFlorida from Ohio in a month. We’ve had a few moving quotes & they are anywhere from $2000 - $10000+. Honestly we aren’t taking all of our stuff, most of our stuff is already packed in the garage. I’ve looked at U-Haul and I can rent a truck, pack it & drive down for under $2,600. I’m skeptical about movers, I’ve heard & read the horror stories.

What would you do? Anyone have any discount codes for U-Haul or know a well recommended moving company?

movers. It’s worth the extra cost if you have a lot of stuff

Definitely hire someone. I just moved but luckily it was just my son and I so basically just 2 bedrooms of stuff. I asked the kids at the golf course if they would help me and 5 or6ended up showing up and basically doing all the work. Took them about 4 hours and honestly would have probably taken me a day and a half. You think everything is packed until the end and you have a 1/4 truck of just misc stuff you need to Jenga in. My move was only about 6 miles .

We were fortunate to get a storage unit that allowed free use of a moving truck. I'm picking that up in an hour and I hired 2 guys from Craigslist for $140. They are licensed and bonded, and I get them for 2 hours at that rate.

I recently moved 30 mins away and it was miserable. Next time which is in about a year, I'm hiring movers. Too old for that nonsense.

Just moved a couple weeks ago and I wouldn't do anything but hire movers from now on. We did ourselves over the span of a week and a half with family and friends. And it just didn't go well. Take your time to pack/mark everything (if you have time) and use professionals. It's worth not having the headaches and frustrations that come with it.

Having just moved earlier this year if you can afford movers it's absolutely the way to go.

200.gif

These days, I hire movers to move me across town......I have done the truck and towing of the car many times in my military life.....my body won't do it anymore

Back