mr.hicksta - WITB

A couple things. As I've gotten more comfortable with the MP-20 HMB 3i, it has turned into an absolute weapon. I'm talking penetrating missiles off the tee! Off the deck is still a work in progress, but it is the driving iron I've been looking for. And the SIM 3W? RIDICULOUS on all fronts. Forgiveness? Check. Sound? Check. Distance? Check check check check. I loved the OG V-Steel back in the day and I'm glad I decided to give this version a try because it is just a filthy club!

28CB060D-1F64-4837-BE89-37F568E35FF4.jpeg

Love that head cover. The hat though... is that a cow??

Yeah man, it’s the Dormie Workshop logo! Fitting seeing how the head covers come in butcher paper ?

Since we’re buying a house in SD, I decided to use half the garage as a hitting bay and Mrs. Hicksta said this setup will be my anniversary gift ?.

View attachment 8927290

how high is the garage ceiling for you to set this up? I'm considering this in my garage as well but wondering if the ceiling is too low.

how high is the garage ceiling for you to set this up? I'm considering this in my garage as well but wondering if the ceiling is too low.

I’m not sure yet and that may end up being a limiting factor. If anything it’ll mean irons and wedges only, which will still be quite convenient!

Big brother arrived!

920551CD-35AD-4F5E-8615-A8E690A97BA6.jpeg

There may be some UST goodness in my future. Sniffing around a Recoil Proto Utility for my MP-20 HMB 3i and a LIN-Q Gunmetal for my SIM Max :devilish:

That headcover is so fricken good. I'm jealous of the Cali bear logo

I'm really happy with it! Dormie's stuff isn't cheap, but you'd be hard pressed to find better made head covers!

I'm really happy with it! Dormie's stuff isn't cheap, but you'd be hard pressed to find better made head covers!
Oh hell yea. And the dormie guys are awesome. I have a driver cover from them and it's incredible.

There may be some UST goodness in my future. Sniffing around a Recoil Proto Utility for my MP-20 HMB 3i and a LIN-Q Gunmetal for my SIM Max :devilish:
Oh yeah, now you're talking! :cool:

Convenient distances: check!

F84B5A21-2346-4441-ADD2-12A25FEB53AB.jpeg

Finally got the pics updated!

I've been gaming Modus3 iron and wedge shafts since 2016 and have decided it's time to see what UST Recoils are all about! Already having a Proto Utility 110 F4 installed in my 3i and will be getting the Proto 125 F5s in my irons and Wedge Proto F4s in my wedges. I'm hyped!

I've been gaming Modus3 iron and wedge shafts since 2016 and have decided it's time to see what UST Recoils are all about! Already having a Proto Utility 110 F4 installed in my 3i and will be getting the Proto 125 F5s in my irons and Wedge Proto F4s in my wedges. I'm hyped!

Love it! I hope you love them as much as so many of us do. :cool:

I’ll be ready once these courses open up! 😎

DD456808-974B-4C82-AF2A-CE43F9CA161A.jpeg

I saw similar accras for sale....I wonder what the replacement will be?

I did a head to head to head test with the Recoil 125 F5 (I think... might have been F4, I can't remember, I'm old), PX LZ 120 6.0, and whatever was in my irons at the time... KBS Tour, I think. I ended up going with the LZ then. I didn't see enough benefit from the Recoil to justify keeping them. That being said, I've turned into a shaft ho in the past year or so.... maybe 2. I went from Apollo Humps to KBS to PX LZ to Nippon to AMT White.

I saw similar accras for sale....I wonder what the replacement will be?

I already ordered the TZ5 55 M4 built the same way as the 65 M4, but in black/white with the matte finish! Recoil Proto Utility is in the MP-20 HMB 3i and the TZ5 75 M4 is a BEAST in my SIM 3W. I'm #TeamACCRA in the top of my bag fo sho :cool:.

I did a head to head to head test with the Recoil 125 F5 (I think... might have been F4, I can't remember, I'm old), PX LZ 120 6.0, and whatever was in my irons at the time... KBS Tour, I think. I ended up going with the LZ then. I didn't see enough benefit from the Recoil to justify keeping them. That being said, I've turned into a shaft ho in the past year or so.... maybe 2. I went from Apollo Humps to KBS to PX LZ to Nippon to AMT White.

Based on what I've read, the Recoils will probably bring down the ball flight a little, which is fine with me, cause I hit the Tour 130s high as hell. It should make for a fun experiment over the summer!

Based on what I've read, the Recoils will probably bring down the ball flight a little, which is fine with me, cause I hit the Tour 130s high as hell. It should make for a fun experiment over the summer!
Your shoulders and arms are going to thank you come fall. 💪

Back