Mulligans are getting out of control.

I don’t care about this stuff tbh. I’m all for letting people enjoy golf however they want to do long as we are keeping up with the group ahead.

Reload off the tee? Fine. Fluff your lie? Ok. Take the pin in and out for different people? Sure thing.

I want everyone to enjoy their time out there, however that is. Just keep up.

For friendly rounds, my friends and I will state the rules up front. A few courses do not have ranges so a breakfast ball off of the first tee is stated up front, but more often we have dropped mulligans all together.

I agree with this approach. If you are out having fun, don't care about a handicap and aren't holding up play I don't really care what someone else does.
Yup. Just keep pace, beyond that, you do you, boo.

I get so confused why other people get so focused on what I shoot, or anyone shoots for that matter (unless it's a tournament).

Just enjoy the game. As long as it's not disruptive to others, why does it matter if someone reloads?

I don’t care if others take mulligans, 5 foot gimmies, free drops, or can’t count. Just keep pace and don’t be a drunken fool on the course. Luckily the guys I choose to play golf with think a lot like I do. :)

I regularly play with a guy who is like a 7 index on paper but probably is more like a 15. Takes mulligans, i've never seen him putt anything inside 7 feet etc....At the end of the day he's a nice guy and just plays for fun. Doesn't have interest in getting better or tournaments. I think he just plays to get away from the house a bit.

It doesn't bother me at all....We play fast and he lets me putt out and play by the rules.

I don't mind what other people do, assuming they aren't deliberately managing their index to gamble or win events

I get so confused why other people get so focused on what I shoot, or anyone shoots for that matter (unless it's a tournament).

Just enjoy the game. As long as it's not disruptive to others, why does it matter if someone reloads?
Sometimes it's more fun if all four golfers reload on certain holes ;)

If you keep pace you can play the game however you want in my mind. You can even boast about your scores at the 19th hole for all I care. Live your life if it doesn't impact me.

I reckon I’m old enough to remember “you can tell a lot about a person by the way the play golf”

All you gotta do now is follow them on Instagram. People living the dream!! 🤣

But by all means, if you wanna play crybaby whack phuck, go for it! Pick whichever rules you want! Have fun!

Just don’t call it golf.

I’m really curious about the generational split of the ‘Dont care have fun’ crowd and the ‘respect the integrity of the game’ crowd.

And if that is a factor.

If there is light action on the course, and you are either playing with a partner or by yourself, might as well take advantage of some practice. No harm no foul. But on a busy course, not a good move.

I’m really curious about the generational split of the ‘Dont care have fun’ crowd and the ‘respect the integrity of the game’ crowd.

And if that is a factor.
I'm a Boomer (60). As long as we're not in a tournament or playing for money, do whatever you want as long as it's not holding people up. If you're posting those scores for handicap with mulligans and 10 foot gimmes, you're only hurting yourself. I dislike sandbaggers a lot more than I dislike vanity 'cappers.

I play with guys who improve lies, take multiple mulligans, pull from the woods etc…it doesn’t bother me until they get a little cocky.

One guy said, “one of these days I’m going to beat you”…I had to tell him that day is a lot farther than you think.

I'm a Boomer (60). As long as we're not in a tournament or playing for money, do whatever you want as long as it's not holding people up. If you're posting those scores for handicap with mulligans and 10 foot gimmes, you're only hurting yourself. I dislike sandbaggers a lot more than I dislike vanity 'cappers.
Exactly, so it’s even more perplexing to me why anyone cares. If it’s because they ‘brag’ about their score afterwards then ok? I guess. It just wouldn’t bother me.

Except in tournaments, where mulligans are sold, I don't use mulligans in my game. I get enough of them during my practice sessions.

My poor tee shot reality is I hit it, so now I need to figure out what I did wrong, and finish up the hole as best I can. Ìf not that hole, at least the rest of the round.

I don't mind if others use them. It's their choice. They paid the same fees I did. Not a big deal

And if that is a factor.

Once a cheat, always a cheat
It’s just a little weed
I met her on Tinder
Which bathroom do I use

generational.

It’s just a little weed
I met her on Tinder
Which bathroom do I use

generational.
Or….. some people just want to have a good time with some buddies and don’t really care about the ins and outs of golf as much as some members of a niche online golf community do. Still have a hard time understanding why you care how someone spends a their Saturday it doesn’t impact you unless you let it.

Much like which bathroom they choose to use. 🙄

And if that is a factor.
I'm 61 and I'm in the don't care crowd. I respect the integrity with my game but try to let other people live their lives their way.

And if that is a factor.
i'm 49, if you're having fun and not holding people up then do as you please.

I see it all the time too. Personally, I don't take any mulligans. If I do, what's the point of keeping score?

if it's a fun round, which 90% of mine are, then if i hit a fat shot i usually have a ball in my pocket drop it and reload.

It’s just a little weed
I met her on Tinder
Which bathroom do I use

generational.
Who are they cheating? If it's a friendly round with their friends. Who cares? What is the difference between someone taking a mulligan and a pro dropping balls over the course during a practice round? Nothing, because they're not in competition and it does not matter. The majority of people playing weekend rounds have zero interest in carrying a handicap. They're there for a good time.

My brother and I allow one mulligan on hole 1 tee box and only if you didn’t have a chance to warm up before the round.

Back