Music on the course or not?

If other groups can hear it, you’re doing it wrong.

Everybody talking about the peace and serenity of the outdoors and no artificial noise and bathing in the solitude of nature and all of that must be playing some really sweet courses. On the courses I play, I hear home construction, landscapers running leaf blowers in peoples' back yards, airplanes and helicopters flying overhead, the maintenance crew out mowing the greens/fairways, running weed eaters, etc. One of our local courses has a number of holes running alongside a main street in town, one is next to a busy highway, and one has holes right along a freeway, so car/truck traffic on those holes drowns out anything else - especially the big rig drivers who like to blow their air horns in your backswing. I guess music might be more of a distraction if I played in such acoustically pure environments, but most places I play it's just part of the background noise.

I love it, I listen to music as much as I can. I always listen to a softer type like soft rock and am very courteous around other golfers.

Back