Music on the course, yeah or nay?

ddstanford

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday, I played in a CGA event at the TPC course in Berthoud as a single. I was paired with a father/son duo and one other and the former played music the whole round. That's not something I'm used to and though they were playing "my music", it seemed a bit weird. Anyone else prefer quiet? My group always walks which may be why I haven't experienced this before.

nay
but i dont care
i think this is becoming the norm though, when i go to the course im not kidding i bet 1 in 5 have a little speaker box blasting shat..
does it bother me, no, i dont get it though, maybe its something that helps relieve stress on the course?

I don't mind music on course and play mine some, but not with randoms without talking/asking them about it, and especially at an event. Wtf is that? It's beyond rude to assume others want to hear your music and inflict it upon them without asking.

I don't mind music on course and play mine some, but not with randoms without talking/asking them about it, and especially at an event. Wtf is that? It's beyond rude to assume others want to hear your music and inflict it upon them without asking.
Giving those guys full credit, they did ask. I saw no improvement in my game listening to 70's music, though.

It's not my preference but if the volume is such that you can't hear it more than 5-10 yards away, I'm okay with it.

As long as it isn't heard a fairway away I'm okay with it.

It's not my preference but if the volume is such that you can't hear it more than 5-10 yards away, I'm okay with it.

I think this sums it up for me as well.

Yes, but I keep the volume low and will always ask randos/people not in my usual group if they mind it before I turn it on. If we come in close proximity to another group at a tee box or whatever and they're not playing music, I'll turn mine down or mute it until they're out of earshot. Just common sense 'consideration for others' stuff.

Of the guys I usually play with, most have Bluetooth speakers and use them regularly, and the ones who don't have them don't mind the music. A few of the members who live on the course have audio systems in their personal carts, and sometimes they're like a rolling DJ.

Last edited:
I have come around on music on the golf course. I don't mind it and if I am playing alone I generally listen to music. I don't want to bother anyone else on the course and don't want their music to invade me.

I am a big fan of music on the course as long as its not too loud and distracting to others.

"Spotify please play Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, or Outkast."

Whatever I feel like listening to for that round is going in the cart.

I like having some music out there, but it needs to not bother other players.
Nothing too loud or distracting.

I have enough trouble keeping my phone from dying without music (hello iPhone 12!) but I don’t mind if others play music.

I play music when I play alone or partnered with randos. If someone actually says they don't want music then I put my ear buds in. If someone is annoying and said they don't want music, I keep playing it. I don't need to bend over backwards for you if you are going to spit, play slow, or be a douche.

I don't personally enjoy listening to music while playing, doesn't bother me if others do as long as they keep the volume at a level it doesn't distract others. If you're going to listen to music on the course, have some awareness of how close you are to tee boxes and whether or not someone is trying to hit while you're jamming out.

If it's too loud, I'm too old I guess.:ROFLMAO: I'm not opposed to people playing music on the course. I would hope that they are considerate with the volume. I'll try to be if I play music on the course during my rounds. Or I'll just wear my ear buds or something and tune everything out.:cool:

Yes to music. Keep it at a respectful level (e.g., turn it down if you're heading past the clubhouse and/or practice area on your way to the back nine).

It is your choice as to whether or not you like (or allow) music on the course -- some of the more traditional folks think it effects their play. This notion of noiselessness in golf is one of the oddest aspects about the sport, in my opinion.

Have played both ways. I prefer "course sounds," but it can be fun with music too.
It is only annoying if people roll up on the tee box so you can hear it as you're standing over your ball, or so loud you can hear it from the next fairway over. Or if its new country or pop. (Same thing.)

I don't have a speaker but I usually enjoy the music when partners play theirs. Just be courteous of others and keep the volume reasonable.

Heck yeah!

Especially with the new red Puma Soundchuck mini I just got from The Morgan Cup

Yeah... but ok with nay too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always yay when it’s an option. Absolutely love it.

What bothers me the most is people who leave their cell phone volume up where you hear the phone ringing or text and email alerts. That kind of stuff happens randomly, sort of jumps out at you, and interrupts your concentration. Music is continuous in that it doesn't jump out at you like cell phone noises.

Back