Music on the Course

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you a music on the course person?

It’s not for me, but I don’t mind if other folks want to listen at a reasonable volume.

Yes Yes a million times Yes.

Within reason... Keep it down, and dont bother anyone else.

Only when with my friends, if there is a random who joins our group I will ask them before turning it on

Forever and always.

Tell me to get off your lawn and I’ll leave a flaming bag of poop on your doorstep.

If it’s reasonable volume, then it’s an always and forever yes. Even my HS kids practice with music.

If I am playing with someone I know or by myself, then yes music always on the course.

doesn't bother me at all as along as it's not loud enough to be heard by other groups. if we roll up to a tee box and another group is teeing off we always turn it down (unless they tell us to crank it to 11).

Keep it low enough that I can get away from it, and don't listen to anything ridiculous, and music is golden.

My old men's league partner used to listen to sort of twangy country relatively loud (and would carry and put his bag right by the green). I convinced him it was costing me three strokes per 9 holes hahaha

Keep it low enough that I can get away from it, and don't listen to anything ridiculous, and music is golden.

My old men's league partner used to listen to sort of twangy country relatively loud (and would carry and put his bag right by the green). I convinced him it was costing me three strokes per 9 holes hahaha

If I come to Ohio... We will have Music.

Don't have strong feelings on it either way so long as it is not overly loud and distracting. Sometimes I will play it myself but I'd guess only about 25% of the time.

I don't mind it either way. I would pose it like this. If it makes it more enjoyable for the ones I'm playing with and music puts them in a happy happy mood... then I want the music and happy mood.

I bring my Soundchuck Mini (that I won on THP) with me, I'll play my music when I'm playing solo, or if my playing partners are okay with it, if they're not, fine with me. When I do play my music on the course I keep it down anyway.

If I come to Ohio... We will have Music.
I love music when I play, and there's not much i can't tolerate.

But some super twangy thing that makes me chuckle at the top of my swing? Or seriously inappropriate words while I'm trying to putt (not the f word, I love that word haha)? It's just way too much for me.

I love music when I play, and there's not much i can't tolerate.

But some super twangy thing that makes me chuckle at the top of my swing? Or seriously inappropriate words while I'm trying to putt (not the f word, I love that word haha)? It's just way too much for me.

Okay fair, and totally agree.

I love music on the course. Lately it has been classic rock, which I think pairs perfectly with golf.

I enjoy it when others play it as long as it's not at a wild distracting level. I don't put it on myself though.

Absolutely, it can be nice and relaxing, get my mind off bad shots/holes

LOVE music on the course if it's tasteful and not too loud. I understand if a playing partner doesn't like it and will certainly refrain if asked, but IMO it makes golf twice as enjoyable!

I enjoy it when others play it as long as it's not at a wild distracting level. I don't put it on myself though.

Same for me. I don't play music when golfing, but have no problem if anyone else choose to do so. Provided, of course, that it is not a distraction.

Years ago I would have been against it, but I've done a total about-face on my feelings about course noise. I now prefer music, and even prefer my group to carry on their casual conversation in the background rather than trying to be quiet. Something about everyone in the group and/or a mower on the course trying to be silent at once as I'm ready to play is more uncomfortable to me now than noise.

As long as it's not @Qwkz51's Norwegian Death Metal!

I don't typically bring a speaker with me, but typically have no issue if others want to have it going.

I do with one exception.. I play with an older friend who likes to play smooth jazz /romantic stuff. I keep reminding him that we're two dudes and others are starting to stare.. He's not right in the head.. ?

Back