Anyone going to NAMM?

Anyone going to NAMM?

Oh, man ... I wish. I haven't been to a NAMM show since Anaheim in '03. That was my last year at Ampeg (St. Louis Music) before they shut down the STL factory. What a blast that was. I really miss getting to go to those shows. I actually liked the Summer shows in Nashville better. It's closer, and not as big. The Anaheim show is just ginormous; you can't possibly see everything.

Oh, man ... I wish. I haven't been to a NAMM show since Anaheim in '03. That was my last year at Ampeg (St. Louis Music) before they shut down the STL factory. What a blast that was. I really miss getting to go to those shows. I actually liked the Summer shows in Nashville better. It's closer, and not as big. The Anaheim show is just ginormous; you can't possibly see everything.

I loved Summer NAMM as well. This is the first one I'm going to that I'm not working...I am going to keep time on the show floor to a minimum and try to hit a lot of the concerts & jams...

Anyone going to NAMM?

I wish. I lived out west for several years and never made it to one. If this next job opportunity comes through I might be able to make it next year.

Hungarian minor scale? Any takers. LOL

13df22231739545fe61ba9ccacc4c87e.jpg

Good old Andy Timmons...

1dba28426a7f43210cdbcc430349832b.jpg

Friedman

c209dca56390f92432718ffaa595437f.jpg

65b25b88603494ccae777e8190052ea6.jpg

5679d1647498f354da8acaf8463e6dc8.jpg

fb4485db9c203eee9c9447ece771d5af.jpg

New guitar for my birthday. Yes, it's a budget Guild guitar. But it's crazy easy to play, and a really dynamic sound courtesy of the arched back. I like it.
8efafa0e4bcf376be6944578ae57a2f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

New guitar for my birthday. Yes, it's a budget Guild guitar. But it's crazy easy to play, and a really dynamic sound courtesy of the arched back. I like it.
8efafa0e4bcf376be6944578ae57a2f9.jpg

That is awesome man.

The last few days have been fun reconnecting with people I haven’t seen in a while and checking out cool gear.

My dudes Andy Wood, Seth Rosebloom and Adrian

5805bd5d8e3c9931e23ca4e1aec6ae23.jpg

Former collaborator Perf de Castro

471ad1b2a3fe43e4b1b3b44a9d37b849.jpg

Mark Lettieri killing it last night...I told him to play all the good notes

9196078e64b33063a41d8f68304fe439.jpg

Andy Timmons with one of the best performances I’ve seen

f5beab2232814c3702d8c7659f20ec24.jpg

Got bored, routed out pick guard, installed humbucker in neck position of Squier Classic Cover Telecaster.

It's now a super low budget Keith guitar.

87c635fd8d15ec9d2e782a1224f4c4ae.jpg

Got bored, routed out pick guard, installed humbucker in neck position of Squier Classic Cover Telecaster.

It's now a super low budget Keith guitar.

87c635fd8d15ec9d2e782a1224f4c4ae.jpg

Excellent!

Anyone have time on the 2018 PRS SE Standard 24? I usually just build kit guitars to shred on till they break but looking for something off the shelf to start a sub $500 OEM collection.

If you're going to get only one amp, might as well get an amp that does darn near everything.

This thing is a tinkerer's dream. Sounds pretty darn good, too. It gets a little brittle sounding if you're trying to run the clean setting and getting a lot of drive from the simulated pedals, but I think that's me not getting it dialed in properly.
9b4d6e032d4f9e4b4fe40c3b584a82dc.jpg

Anyone have time on the 2018 PRS SE Standard 24? I usually just build kit guitars to shred on till they break but looking for something off the shelf to start a sub $500 OEM collection.

I've got a 2018 PRS Tremonti SE that I paid $500 for and it's awesome. For a SE model it's actually very playable and sound great. I know it's not an exact model match but I would recommend any of their SE models. The build quality is very good also.

My guitars and amps made it to Vegas in one piece. Woohoo. I put together a mini rig until I can get some more stuff and time together. Doesn't sound bad but I miss all the stuff I was able to do in Dayton with all the toys. I won't complain though, life is good. :rockon:

Finally got a new desk for the studio. The Roland VS-1824 is officially out, and the new Reaper DAW is now in place. New stands for the new nearfields are forthcoming.

Dell Inspiron 24" all-in-one computer with 1TB HDD (surprisingly quiet so far)
Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD 4-channel USB interface
Monoprice 5" powered reference monitors
Monoprice 10" powered sub

PJS Studio DAW.JPG

Finally got a new desk for the studio. The Roland VS-1824 is officially out, and the new Reaper DAW is now in place. New stands for the new nearfields are forthcoming.

View attachment 38699

Love it.

I have a completely unfinished room at my new house and I’m going to sound proof it, drywall and so acoustic treatment before setting a real recording desk again.

Time to collaborate?

View attachment 38699

I've got that same Behringer. I'm still working out the kinks on how it works and what I can do with it. I'm new to the home recording thing so I'm still having newb issues. What's your opinion of the Monoprice monitors? For the price I'm definitely contemplating them. They look like a great budget friendly option. Looks like a great, simple setup.

I've got that same Behringer. I'm still working out the kinks on how it works and what I can do with it. I'm new to the home recording thing so I'm still having newb issues. What's your opinion of the Monoprice monitors? For the price I'm definitely contemplating them. They look like a great budget friendly option. Looks like a great, simple setup.

I'm new to DAW recording as well. I've been using a Roland VS-1824CD machine for the last 16 years. I just got all the audio outputs routed through the interface last night.

As for the Monoprice monitors, I literally just started using them last night. I'm impressed with the sound, especially for the price. Both were bought as "open box"; the mains were $99/pair, and the sub was $160. I have noticed a slight buzz in the system, which went away when I turned off the computer. So, I have a shielding issue to resolve. It may go away when I raise the monitors on stands. If not, it's not terribly bad and I think I can live with it. I was originally looking at the powered monitors from Seismic Audio, which look to be KRK knockoffs, but thought I'd give these a try, at almost half the price. So far, I'm not disappointed. I'd never even heard of Monoprice until just about a month ago.

I also took advantage of the ToonTrack anniversary sale this weekend and downloaded the Metal Machine expansion pack for EZDrummer2; regular $89 on sale for $29.

Love it.

I have a completely unfinished room at my new house and I’m going to sound proof it, drywall and so acoustic treatment before setting a real recording desk again.

Time to collaborate?

That's what I did, too. When we remodeled the house, we set aside two rooms; one upstairs bedroom was to become The Wife's sewing room, and one basement bedroom was to become my studio. It's a small room (9x12), but sufficient for my needs. We even had an electrician run separate power and ground for that room to keep the power clean. It's nice having a dedicated room once again.

Let me get a little experience under my belt with this new system, and I'd love to do something together, Shred.

That's what I did, too. When we remodeled the house, we set aside two rooms; one upstairs bedroom was to become The Wife's sewing room, and one basement bedroom was to become my studio. It's a small room (9x12), but sufficient for my needs. We even had an electrician run separate power and ground for that room to keep the power clean. It's nice having a dedicated room once again.

Let me get a little experience under my belt with this new system, and I'd love to do something together, Shred.

Absolutely man. I’d love to collaborate!

Back