I hope your trip is going well and you made it OK. If you're serious about the Divided by 13 I just saw one here in Vegas last Friday for sale. J & E Guitars has one on the showroom floor. It's sort of the Greenish/Blue (Seafoam) color Head/Cab unit. It's not listed on their website but I know it's there. I didn't try it but I did try the new Mesa TC100 that was sitting next to it. In your own words "That's a fine piece of amplification equipment"! They also had a used Soldano that I was drooling over.

https://www.jeguitars.com

I’m here in Denver but have been sick since I arrived...zero time to think about music yet, just trying to get well

I’m here in Denver but have been sick since I arrived...zero time to think about music yet, just trying to get well

I hope everything is going well and you're settling in nicely. Thought I would run this up to the top again for some new stuff. I picked up a TC Electronic Hall of Fame 2 reverb pedal and a Digitech Trio+ band in a box. As soon as I get some pics and then hopefully get the pedal board together I'll post what I have.

PJSprog-I'm still working with the Behringer to see what I can do. I still haven't figured out the DAW plug in thing yet but I'm working on it. Most of my time has been spent upgrading my chops to at least me listenable. Funny story-I was jamming along to a metal backing track last week and my wife came home and I had the studio/2nd bedroom door open and just jamming away. She walks in and says, "that's not you playing is it?" It was all me and she was shocked. Felt good though.

Finally did something this weekend I've been wanting to do for a long time. I restrung my 6-string bass from the standard B-C to E-E. I rarely ever used the low B string, other than as a thumb rest. A late friend of mine used to string his 5-stringer E-B, and I liked playing that instrument. It was time to buy new strings, so I figured this was as good a time as any to give it a try.

I also changed strings. I've played Rotosound pretty much the entirety of my 37 years of bass playing. For the 6-stringer, I just added a couple of singles to the regular set I always used (RS66LC). I started looking at the bulk strings on JustStrings.com, and decided to give them a try instead. The difference in price is $14.38/set for the bulk compared to $34.76/set for the Rotos. I got the new strings Saturday, and made the change that evening. Honestly, they sound great. Even if they don't last as long as the Rotos, at nearly 40% of the cost, I think I can live with that.

It's very weird playing like this, though. 16 years of muscle memory on that bass has to be erased and replaced. Which, I guess, just means I need to play more. Win/win!

Finally did something this weekend I've been wanting to do for a long time. I restrung my 6-string bass from the standard B-C to E-E. I rarely ever used the low B string, other than as a thumb rest. A late friend of mine used to string his 5-stringer E-B, and I liked playing that instrument. It was time to buy new strings, so I figured this was as good a time as any to give it a try.

I also changed strings. I've played Rotosound pretty much the entirety of my 37 years of bass playing. For the 6-stringer, I just added a couple of singles to the regular set I always used (RS66LC). I started looking at the bulk strings on JustStrings.com, and decided to give them a try instead. The difference in price is $14.38/set for the bulk compared to $34.76/set for the Rotos. I got the new strings Saturday, and made the change that evening. Honestly, they sound great. Even if they don't last as long as the Rotos, at nearly 40% of the cost, I think I can live with that.

It's very weird playing like this, though. 16 years of muscle memory on that bass has to be erased and replaced. Which, I guess, just means I need to play more. Win/win!

Always fun to change it up a bit and get a new challenge

I goofed around with Hold the Line by Toto...I wasn’t trying to play the solo note for note, just steal Lukather’s style a bit...

I play bass in a rock band. Still fun jumpin around and being a fool in my mid 50's. Nobody cares much about the $, which isn't much and that's the point, we're in it for fun.

I goofed around with Hold the Line by Toto...I wasn’t trying to play the solo note for note, just steal Lukather’s style a bit...
Nice. As thievery goes, he's a pretty good one from whom to steal. Great player with a unique style.

Nice. As thievery goes, he's a pretty good one from whom to steal. Great player with a unique style.

One of the most recorded guys in history...I really spent a lot of time studying him more after I met him

I am no musician by any means. But since moving I have been playing my guitar on a nightly basis. It's been fun getting back in to it. Believe me, still at beginner level, but I pick it up for easily 30 minutes a day and just work on chords, strum patterns, and some songs.

I am no musician by any means. But since moving I have been playing my guitar on a nightly basis. It's been fun getting back in to it. Believe me, still at beginner level, but I pick it up for easily 30 minutes a day and just work on chords, strum patterns, and some songs.
Sorry to disagree with you, but, if you are making music, you are a musician.

Well I did successfully play happy birthday for my wife today haha
I really am having fun with it and it's been a nice stress relief that's for sure.

Picked up a Alesis midi controller/keyboard from the GC sale this past week. It's the Alesis Q25 25-Key Keyboard MIDI Controller. Looking for something to play with and I got it for $48 shipped and tax. For what I want to do this would be perfect. Didn't need anything more than that. I probably will unbox it long enough to give it a test then put it away until we move into the new house. The wife also said I could get one more guitar and another 2x12 cab once we get there. I've got everything else I need. Decisions, decisions. :unsure:

I agree. The only musicians that disagree with this aren't experienced enough to remove their head from their buttocks and show some maturity...

Picked up another guitar, a James Tyler Classic strat, and I have a new band project going. Kind of a funky, groovy, jazzy jam thing. I'm singing and playing guitar, got a badass jazz funk drummer, bass and keys / B3 organ. I'm also supporting a singer-songwriter / pianist and will be doing some fly dates with him in the near future.

Here's the list so far for my own project:

Blue Wind / Sophie - Jeff Beck
Miss You - Eric Gales version
Sing a Simple Song - Maceo version
It Ain't No Use - Meters
Mama Can't Help You - Doyle Bramhall II
She's Alright - Doyle Bramhall II
Roodis - Raging Honkies
Stitched Up - Herbie Hancock
Thorazine Shuffle - Gov’t Mule
4 on 6 - Lettuce version
Star Children - Lettuce
Hang Up Your Hang Ups - Herbie Hancock
Fire On The Bayou - Meters
Nuclear War - Sun Ra Arkestra
Home - Marc Broussard
The Sun is Shining Down - JJ Grey & Mofro
Who Knows / If 6 was 9 - Jimi
Miss Poopie - Jimmy McGriff
Whippersnapper - Wayne Krantz
Schizophrenic - Oz Noy
Manic Depression - Jimi
Lima - The Code Talkers
Space Captain - Joe Cocker
Goonsquad - Mark Lettieri Trio
Black Napkins - Zappa
Zoot Allures - Zappa
I Want to Take You Higher - Sly & The Family Stone
No Quarter - Zeppelin
Superstitious - Stevie Wonder (Beck, Bogart and Appice version)

73214489_557248661707744_5736600157261135872_n.jpg

My wife got me an early birthday present. Mid 90s Epiphone with Seymour Duncan pickups and real live Bigsby.
ffdd6c5b6e67ea7e7a01f5c058d2d4a7.jpg
93829280fdb293a5d0f20387b163699c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would love to learn how to play the guitar. Just not sure I have to patients to do it.

I would love to learn how to play the guitar. Just not sure I have to patients to do it.

It took me almost 30 years to sit and learn it properly. I still have much to learn but once you start getting the hang of things you like to play, it makes you want to play more. That's where I'm at now. (y):guitar:

People think golf is hard, and it is wildly hard.....but learning the piano is in my opinion 100X harder. I can't imagine playing piano once or twice a week and expecting progress. What I have found in both activities is if I just "let go" and "play", I play each better.

Started playing bass when I was 13. Switched to guitar when I was 18. Played on and off for 45 years. There were times when I was playing classical guitar I would play 8 hours a day. Got into jazz guitar for a while. Playing really well, is like any perishable skill, just like golf. You have to keep the chops up.

For you guys that have a Wah pedal, where is it in the effects chain? I've got mine at the end of the chain in the FX loop. There's no distortion/OD/fuzz in the loop. It doesn't sound right there so I'm looking to see where you guys put yours. I know the old adage of just mess around and see what sounds good, but was just curious what you guys have. I'll shut up and color now. :p

I put mine in the Eddie Van Halen, Runnin' with the Devil intro setting! :cool::D

For you guys that have a Wah pedal, where is it in the effects chain? I've got mine at the end of the chain in the FX loop. There's no distortion/OD/fuzz in the loop. It doesn't sound right there so I'm looking to see where you guys put yours. I know the old adage of just mess around and see what sounds good, but was just curious what you guys have. I'll shut up and color now. :p

Guitar--->Wah--->everything else

Back