Cobra

JonMA1

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Finally received the Gibson yesterday and I really like it. There is one very small area on the side above the pickup selector where the finish is slightly dull. But other than that it looks great. The action is nice, the pickups sound great, and it feels great to play. I'm glad I bought it.

Even on the clean setting through my amp, there was a slight touch of distortion and sustain - which I like. I've been playing around with the coil tapping and phase & bypass. While the different combinations really change the sound, I haven't yet decided on a setting I like more than any other.

Really, I just want to get back into playing more, learn some new scales and chords, and hopefully do some more arranging and recording in Garageband.

IMG_1100.jpg

Crowder

Reaction score
Finally received the Gibson yesterday and I really like it. There is one very small area on the side above the pickup selector where the finish is slightly dull. But other than that it looks great. The action is nice, the pickups sound great, and it feels great to play. I'm glad I bought it.

Even on the clean setting through my amp, there was a slight touch of distortion and sustain - which I like. I've been playing around with the coil tapping and phase & bypass. While the different combinations really change the sound, I haven't yet decided on a setting I like more than any other.

Really, I just want to get back into playing more, learn some new scales and chords, and hopefully do some more arranging and recording in Garageband.

View attachment 9011233
Be sure to play with the pickup height as well. Some LPs can be really sensitive to that. I like to run them lower.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15.8

View attachment 9011233
Congrats, beautiful guitar!

JonMA1

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High
This guitar is amazing! BTW, where did you order a hard case for it?
The case came with the guitar. It's a TKL case and was made in Canada. I bought both through American Musical Supply. I was considering the Les Paul Studio at a few hundred less. But I liked the idea of having a hard shell case.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
first new gear day for my youngest!

226C19C2-4821-42B9-AFB1-9DA43B62D440.jpeg

Tenputt

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.6

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

ToohipGottaGo

Man That's Some Hair
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not Good
I picked up a cheap noise gate and wireless system for my home rig. Since I don't tour that's where it will get all the use. :rockon: I would love to see how loud my PRS head will get without sitting in the room. I'm just curious if I can get some extra bite and chug with a little more volume. The wife will not be pleased. :p

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in