One of the guitar players in my band just got the Spark and is having fun with it. He plugged it into a 4-10 cabinet and it does sound pretty good but he also has a pedal board with around 8 or 10 pedals on it that he keeps tweaking around. (damn guitar players...LOL)

I need to post some pictures of the Gretsch 5420 I picked up a couple months ago. The thing is gorgeous.

I’ll chase this with pictures for good measure. Lovely instrument. Currently playing through a Spark recommended in this thread, peeking out in the lower left corner.

3A911F3F-A3F9-43A0-B0E5-D0D4EE1B51B4.jpeg113F6C6C-A8B9-41DD-8D1F-5F31E255AE36.jpeg

I’ll chase this with pictures for good measure. Lovely instrument. Currently playing through a Spark recommended in this thread, peeking out in the lower left corner.

View attachment 9033191View attachment 9033192

Love that finish, just gorgeous.

My Strat is on consignment at a local shop, it was sitting on a stand untouched for over a year at my house. I mostly play my Pacifica or my LP. And honestly, I'm far more of a drummer at heart.

View attachment 9033191View attachment 9033192
Beautiful Gretsch! I have a 5120 in that same color - a lot of hardcore Gretsch guys complain about the pickups in the 5120, but I really don't mind the sound. I got it mostly for surf/rockabilly, and they work fine for that kind of music.

Purely a hobbyist player here but I love chasing and playing unique, beautiful and great playing guitars. They are my winter hobby. Below is my current stable with the latest acquisition being the red Charvel Pro-Mod. It has a sand blasted finish that is both unique and gorgeous. Hanging left to right:
The Charvel
A custom Strat made by a musician friend and myself. A really fun project that turned out great!
Schecter C1 SLS Elite
PRS SE 24
Bottom:
Ibanez Artcore AF85
Fender Squire Classic Vibe Tele (first run)
Ibanez ARC 100
Amps are a Boss Katana and an original Roland Blues Cube 30 (not pictured)
1633821185885.jpeg
1633821243712.jpeg

It’s a Saturday in October… load and unload this puppy a few times every weekend.
057d4eb9bbd458d2b2167553f582faf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! My youngest stepson was in his high school marching and concert bands, and their trailer was pulled by a pickup truck. That must be some band.

Wow! My youngest stepson was in his high school marching and concert bands, and their trailer was pulled by a pickup truck. That must be some band.

Normally we’re around 120 members but with Covid we’re down to 105 this year. We won the last 4 US Bands Division V National titles in a row pre-pandemic, tying the highest score on record at the last one. for a good showing this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Clearly your school district has a strong music program.

Nice! Clearly your school district has a strong music program.

Definitely. We are really lucky to have a lot of staff who have extensive DCI experience; we're sometimes jokingly referred to as "Cadets Northeast" due to how much of our school staff is made up of folks who teach the Cadets drum corps.

To be honest though, the bulk of our funding comes from our support group. I'm in my 3rd and final year as President of the organization, and it's a LOT of work. We need to raise over $100,000 annually to fully support all the programs - marching band in the fall, indoor percussion and color guard in the winter, and all of the other school groups that may need assistance from time to time. Thankfully the school admin is extremely supportive of us, however in a community as small as ours, there's not a huge amount of money given all the other activities the town funds. So we fundraise all we can. Coming out of the last year and a half, we really had to think out of the box to raise funds to keep things going. Thankfully we're back in full force, between hosting competitions, our booth at Gillette Stadium we staff, online fundraisers, and everything else we do we're doing OK.

For all you guitar players... Wow.

For all you guitar players... Wow.

Nice mix of techniques to get the bass and percussion in with the guitar. Very flamenco-like in parts.

That is one seriously talented fella.

Made my fingers hurt just watching it! :oops: Awesome though.....

If you like that style of playing, you definitely need to check out Yvette Young if you don't know of her solo stuff or her work with Covet.

One of my favorite "acoustic" players has long been Monte Montgomery. I had the fortune to meet him a few times, and he's a super nice guy. Crazy the way he plays an acoustic guitar, though.

I love Jacob Moon's arrangement of Rush's Subdivisions, never get tired of listening to it. Serious talent and great use of a looper as well. Rush must have liked it too, as they asked him to play it at their induction into the Canadian Songwriters' Hall of Fame.

One of the guitar players in my band just got the Spark and is having fun with it. He plugged it into a 4-10 cabinet and it does sound pretty good but he also has a pedal board with around 8 or 10 pedals on it that he keeps tweaking around. (damn guitar players...LOL)
8 - 10 pedals......?

8 - 10 pedals......?

Yea, that's all the pedals he has daisy chained on his board right now. He has twice that many more sitting on his "music bench" in the band room.
I think he has a "pedal problem" and told him to see help. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure I know a guitar player who doesn't have a pedal addiction. I know one guy who bought a Helix, and still uses half a dozen other pedals as well.

Yea, that's all the pedals he has daisy chained on his board right now. He has twice that many more sitting on his "music bench" in the band room.
I think he has a "pedal problem" and told him to see help. :ROFLMAO:
Not sure I know a guitar player who doesn't have a pedal addiction. I know one guy who bought a Helix, and still uses half a dozen other pedals as well.
Yup, been there! Is like tap dancing around the stage if you're not careful. For the last tour though I just got a Boss multi-FX and was able to program each songs settings into a separate bank and then it was easy. Had a separate wah and tuner pedal and that was me good to go. Mind you, my favourite is just to go straight from guitar into amp, maybe a tuner pedal and channel switcher but that's it.

Those of you who like messing with ampsims, check out the new Blacksun from Audio Assault. It's a free download right now, it'll go up to $34 soon. I grabbed it a few weeks ago and finally messed with it the other day. I was really impressed with the tones I got out of it, it's more for 80's style Marshall tones vs modern high gain, and you can get a really nice crunch tone just by dialing back the gain, or boosting the clean channel.

Yup, been there! Is like tap dancing around the stage if you're not careful. For the last tour though I just got a Boss multi-FX and was able to program each songs settings into a separate bank and then it was easy. Had a separate wah and tuner pedal and that was me good to go. Mind you, my favourite is just to go straight from guitar into amp, maybe a tuner pedal and channel switcher but that's it.
I have a Line6 Pod HD500X and it's amazing for the variety of tones you can get out of it, but all the options are bewildering. I need to just nail down like 4 or 5 sounds that I like and quit screwing with it.

I have a Line6 Pod HD500X and it's amazing for the variety of tones you can get out of it, but all the options are bewildering. I need to just nail down like 4 or 5 sounds that I like and quit screwing with it.
Oh I agree completely. The first few days with something like that are great, and you end up with dozens of patches thinking "yeah, I'll definitely find a use for this patch wuth ring modulator, three delays, rotovibe and a light dusting of gain" before realizing that in no universe would that ever be a useful sound, and go back to the usual 4 :LOL:

So, no joking here. Mike (my band mate) just sent me this photo of his pedal board that he "reworked".
How the hell can someone use this ? And he gives me crap when I add a 2nd snare and 5th tom to my kit !

Mikes pedalboard.jpg

Back