Must have in my bag, help to find solid products..

C

ChristianGolfer

I stopped wearing a glove because my hands sweat so much. But today the club was slipping from my hand like never before. Besides a towel, what is used to keep hands dry? Forgive me if I have posted this before.
I also need somthing to clean my grooves after my wet towel on the course fails to do its J-O-B.

Any heavy brush you can buy should do the trick.. Something like this..

p6732651dt.jpg

Not too sure about the dry hands..

Have you tried switching out gloves at the turn? Have you checked out the swing towel from what I have read on here lots of folks like this towel alot. There is a couople of threads on here that talk about it.

I also have a problem with slick grips when it's really humid outside... I was thinking about changing my grips to some that work well under conditions when it's moist outside/hands.

Lately in the humid and always hot Florida weather, I've been taking off my glove in between shots and wiping my hand on my pants, etc. Helps me.

As for grips, the Tour Wrap from Golf Pride really seems to stick to my hands when they're sweaty. Otherwise I like tour velvets, and some of those DSi (I think) Winn grips.

The Spotless Swing Towel will do the trick for the dirty grooves. It is absolutely fantastic at cleaning the frooves due to the bristles built into the inside of the towel.

Spotless Swing Towel and a product called Dry Hands.

carbaretta leather glove, multi compound grips, and some talk powder!!

I have the same problems with sweaty hands. I have tried just about everything short of the old stick-em the football players used to use.

First thing I do is to use three gloves and rotate each hole. That gives them a chance to air out before getting used again. They will last longer and be dry when you put them on.

Secondly, and this may sound strange but it works a million times better than anything that you can buy, take a small towel with you and get it wet with cold water. Wring it out so that you have cold, damp towel. Keep it with you and use it to wipe your hands between shots and just before you hit. It is a pretty simple process really. Your hands are sweating becuase they are hot. It stands to reason that if you cool them off, they will not sweat. When the drink girl comes by, drop the towel in the cold ice water or get it cold at the water jug through the round. If you get your hands too wet, just wipe them on something dry. If it is hot out they will be dry in a few seconds. If you keep your hands cool, they will be dry for every shot and the club won't slip. When it is really hot, I will take a small, soft cooler with me and put some ice in it so that I have some cold water when needed. Just soaking your hands in the ice water will keep them cool and dry, but takes a little more to get the water off.

As for the grooves, if you don't want to buy anything, and already use the wet towel to clean clubs, put an old toothbrush in you bag. Works like a charm to get the nagging dirt that won't seem to go away.

Use two gloves and switch gloves after a few holes. Don't leave your glove on between shots. The Dry Hands product works great on the non glove hand. May look stupid, but wear sweat bands on wrist, a lot of the sweat on your hands is from it running down your arms. Last resort, wear rain gloves. Also keep a towel to wipe the sweat off your head and face or you will be using your bare hands and back of gloves without even thinking about it. Keep your grips clean also. My avatar and me are about the same size, so I have a lot of experience with profuce sweating................................haha.

Use two gloves and switch gloves after a few holes. Don't leave your glove on between shots. The Dry Hands product works great on the non glove hand. May look stupid, but wear sweat bands on wrist, a lot of the sweat on your hands is from it running down your arms. Last resort, wear rain gloves.

I actually put Dry Hands on both hands. It works great inside the glove as well as on the glove.

im rotating out 6 gloves(3 at a time) and its not even summer yet... thats how bad my hands sweat...
i just buy really cheap gloves

I have the sweaty hands in the glove problem also living in the Carolina heat. I have found that playing a rain glove has helped

Back