My 2011 Tournament Thread

amollerud

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.8
Well guys the first real event for 2011 is just over a week away. Once the season starts I will add a link to the scoring. I played what you might call a warm up event yesterday. It was a 72 player 18 hole event very informal type setting, but there was some money and some flag events out there as well. I figured it would be a good warm up for next week. So here goes:

I won 2 flag events, the first was a par 3 that I hit my tee shot to 14" and it held up (third hole of the day), second one came on hole 13 where I stuck it to 23". I was very pleased to get both of those.

As for how I played I posted -2. I was happy here as well. The only thing I didn't care for was they used a scorecard playoff to decide who wins. 2 of us were 2 under and I lost on the third playoff hole. I will take it a tie for 1st by score and a 2nd place finish with the tie breaker. I hope this is a sign of things to come. I will get you guys more updates after the season opener on Monday the 13th.

Thanks for listening guys.

Good Luck :clapp:

Very nice warm-up round Andy! I don't like scorecard playoffs either. I look forward to hearing how things shape up in 2011 for you. I plan on playing in a number of Mass Golf Association events myself (only 18 holes though). Of course, I have to wait until May. LOL!

What kinds of events will you be playing in?

Good luck Andy!

Great job Andy, can't wait to hear the season updates. Good luck buddy.

Andy I certainly will be pulling hard for you good buddy! I look forward to hopefully seeing you again at WPB this year in May.

Scorecard playoffs are dumb as hell. Nice round, Andy. Keep it up.

Kevin

Nice round, Andy! Looking forward to hearing results of your next time out

Good luck, hope you do mind if I live vicariously through you for a while.

Good luck dude!

Very nice warm-up round Andy! I don't like scorecard playoffs either. I look forward to hearing how things shape up in 2011 for you. I plan on playing in a number of Mass Golf Association events myself (only 18 holes though). Of course, I have to wait until May. LOL!

What kinds of events will you be playing in?

Good luck Andy!

I am playing a few different events this season. I will be playing in a number of NFPGA (North Florida Section events), and I am also looking at some mini tour starts this year. There are a few and I have 6 events on the calendar so far. 2011 is my first run at real competative golf in a long time, and I am going to go after it. I will update this thread with dates, tournaments, and scores as I go.

Good luck Andy, to bad they didn't do actual playoff holes.

Great job Andy!

Great job on your warm up round...Good luck in your tournaments...We're all rooting for you :clapp:

Andy, I wish you the best of luck in the upcomming tournaments. I will check here regularly for updates on how you are doing. I agree with Grey in hoping to see you again in WPB this year.

Nice shootin Andy. I will definitely be Rooting for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round Andy and I look forward to following your progress this year in the tourney's.

Go go Andy!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on this year. Good luck mate!

Best of luck dude, look forward to seeing how you get on!

Ah, the benefits of living in Florida. Season can start in December. Lovely. Good luck.

I hate that you had the scorecard playoff system in play. Glad to hear your striking the ball well. Good luck in the upcoming tourney and keep us posted. Oh, and let me know if you need any swing advice, I am always here, hehe

I hate that you had the scorecard playoff system in play. Glad to hear your striking the ball well. Good luck in the upcoming tourney and keep us posted. Oh, and let me know if you need any swing advice, I am always here, hehe

not a fan of those either.

Sorry guys I forgot to get a post up here. The tournament that was to be played on the 13th was moved back a week to this Monday the 20th due to weather. Can you believe that they felt it was too cold and nasty to play in Florida.

Sorry guys I forgot to get a post up here. The tournament that was to be played on the 13th was moved back a week to this Monday the 20th due to weather. Can you believe that they felt it was too cold and nasty to play in Florida.

Cold in Florida, who knew :confused2: Good luck amollerud!!!

Back