My 2011 Tournament Thread

Well guys we had some changes but we played tourney number 1 for the season. It was a team event over 18 holes, and the format was 6 holes scramble, 6 holes of best ball, and 6 hole of alternate shot. We finished a couple of shots out of the money, but we did have 1 hole hold up for a team skin (helps get some of the entry fee back). As for the round itself. I played my driver with a new shaft in it for the first time outdoors in this event. First couple of swing with big stick did nothing to help my partner. It took about 3 tee shots to get it figured out. I think both of us hit the ball very well. He stuffed a couple of wedges, and I managed to bomb a couple of tee shots to put us in good shape.

The greens ate us alive out there. We played a course with TINY greens that have a TON of movement in them, and the NFPGA had a blast getting the greens to (and this is accurate) run at 12.5 on the stimp. I have never putted on anything that speed before. There were a couple of pin positions where if you didn't make the putt you were going to have 15-20 feet left on your next putt. It was crazy hard.

Long story short there were some very encouraging signs out there and I was pleased with my ball striking. I will be working hard on the short game for a while and I will let everybody know when and where the next event will be.

Thanks for the update Andy!

Thanks for the update and good luck on the upcoming events!

Andy I am pulling for your buddy! You and Mary ( I hope I got her name right?) ,,,have a great Christmas and a Happy New Years!

Nice, glad you're doing well. Keep it up and keep us posted. Good luck

Great job out there Andy. Good luck and happy Holidays!

Good job andy, do you get to pick your playing partner?

Thanks for all of the well wishes and I hope everyone hear has a very happy and safe holiday season!

Yes I did get to pick my partner and I picked one of the better ball strikers that I know. He and I were in great shape to score out there and just didn't take advantage of some very good solid ball striking. I made the fatal mistake of changing shafts the day before the tourney and I struggle to hit the driver the first 3 holes I could use it. I will keep everyone in the loop on the future tourneys and how they go.

Love hearing your updates Andy. Those greens had to be something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys the next event of the year is booked and my partner is set. Our next outing is a team event with the NFPGA and the location is beautiful Southern Hills. The tourney is on Feb 7th. It is a different format than the first event of the year. Going forward for the rest of the season this is the last team event until late in the season. My partner and I have been working very hard since the last tourney and both of us are showing signs of improvement. I am really getting excited for this event. I don't want to put extra pressure on us but I think we are in good shape to do some damage out there this time around. I will let you all know how things go.

Last edited:
Best of luck to the both of you Andy, and make sure you keep us updated.

Best of luck Andy and I look forward to more updates.

You know you have all of THP pulling for you Andy, hope you have a great year.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear about your next tournament.

Good luck Andy!

Best wishes for a great tournament Andy!!!

Good Luck for a wonderfull season Andy. Looking forward to updates.

Good luck this year Andy!

Good luck, Andy. We'll all be waiting for your updates!

How did I miss your update, lol. Good luck out there Andy, were pulling for you!

Good luck, Andy.

Back