My 2011 Tournament Thread

Good luck Andy. Bring home the hardware!

We now have 2 events under our belts for 2011. Guys I started as strong as I can. My ball striking and course management was just what I wanted. I was playing a course that I have never seen before and it was far from your normal Florida type course. To start my day I hit the first 7 fairways and the first 9 greens. I don't know that I can do much more than that. The strikes were crisp and the ball was going where I wanted. I was rolling the ball pretty well too. I had a couple birdies lip out, and I managed to knock in a couple of bombs. Made a putt from 38 feet for birdie! The game seems to be coming together and I like where things are at going into my next tourney which is March 7th at Cypress Run which is another beautiful track.

From an equipment stand point I finally think I have my bag dialed in the way that I want it. The new wedges are taking some time getting dialed in. Any body who has played with me knows that I spin the ball like mad with the wedges and I have lost a little of the spin with the new rules. Not enough to effect the wedge play on full swings, but the short game is taking some time getting used to.

I think I am finally settled on the shaft in the driver. It took 3 tries to get it dialed in, but I have picked up some distance and I can still shape the ball the way I want. I settled on a Matrix HD6 60gram X flex in the driver. It took about 7 tries to get the 3 wood dialed in and I settled on the NVS 75 gram X flex. I spent about 2 days making the final tweaks on the iron set and couldn't be happier with how they are playing at this stage. Things are coming together and I hope that I can report not just on a good tourney, but I would like to put up a win or two this year. Thanks for checking in and I will continue to update as things go.

Great striking Andy. Now that you're getting the equipment dialed in things should come around even more, especially since you'll have taken the "guess work" out of the equipment. Continued success and thanks for keeping us posted!

Awesome! I am glad that things are going so well for you. Good luck getting that W! 38 footer for birdie must have been a fist pump moment for you.

Loving these updates, really interesting to hear about what a pro goes through

Glad I found this thread. Very interesting.

Hope you can score more than a couple of wins, Andy. Thanks for the updates.

Fantasic Andy. Love that youre seeing the kind of success you are. Very much deserving and I hope we see even greater success for you. All of us are pulling for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome andy! good luck this year! you have all of THP behind you!

You know you have all of us pulling for you Andy, keep up the good work.

Good job Andy! You know I am pulling for my partner from last year's WPB outing :thumb:

Back