My Annual Golf Marathon for Cancer Research (aka: Shameless Plea for Donations)

links_slayer

Reaction score
Handicap
As I have done the past two years, I will be doing another golf marathon fundraiser in July to celebrate the anniversary of my cancer surgery. This year's event will take place on Thursday July 7th. All funds raised will go directly to the University of Wisconsin Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center's Head and Neck Cancer research fund.

I have raised $4,000 and change this year, not including about a dozen pledges (see below) and have raised over $10,000 to date - a number I thought I would never eclipse even in my wildest dreams. I plan on playing at least 100 holes again this year and hope to beat the $$ total from last year. I would be most appreciative of any amount you would like to donate this year. No donation is too small!

==========================

There are several options for donating:

1) Flat rate donations

2) Pledge a certain $ amount per hole played
[I played 108 holes last year]

3) Pledge the following:

1¢ / stroke
$5 / eagle
$1 / birdie
10¢ / par
$1 / hole out from off the green
50¢ / 1-putt
25¢ / 2-putt

[Based on last year's results this would have resulted in a donation of just under $50]

4) Come up with something creative!

==========================

If you want option 1, you can donate any time using this link to my personal fundraising site: connect.uwhealth.org/goto/jstangl2016

If you want another option, please reply to this thread and once numbers are tallied I can PM you with the total. You can then make your donation using the link above.

Everyone that donates (not just folks at THP) will be entered into a drawing for a Masters bucket hat signed by Steve Stricker (see pic below). One entry per person regardless of $$ donated.

***To qualify for the drawing I will need a PM from you with the name you used on your donation***

This will really help me keep things organized and will ensure you get your name on the list for the drawing so I appreciate everyone's help here!!

Thanks for your time and consideration!
Josh

Pic of hat:
RRdwfWC.jpg

Pretty awesome Linkslayer and I hope you have a great time for a worthy cause.

Back