My ball fitting experience

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
Did a bridgestone ball fitting today in real life (only did their online version earlier). And man what an eye opener! When I did the online version I was fitted with the 330RX and I've used it a couple of times since. Now, at the fitting I got fitted with the e6 and the numbers was alot better than for example the penta TP that I also have used alot lately. With the penta the numbers was; launch angle 10,5 backspin: 3360 compared to the e6 when launch angle was 13,6 (according to the fitter 14 was optimal for my SS) and backspin went down to 2390 (optimal was 2600 if I remember correctly) and I would gain an average 21,8 yards.

So now I have to go out and buy me a box of e6 and try on the course.

The negative part is that he didn't have time to let me check the 330RX vs e6... But he said those numbers would be rather similar but not as good as my SS wasn't optimal for the 330RX as I avaraged 92mph and the 330RX was made for 96mph.

Tappin' for world peace!

Did a bridgestone ball fitting today in real life (only did their online version earlier). And man what an eye opener! When I did the online version I was fitted with the 330RX and I've used it a couple of times since. Now, at the fitting I got fitted with the e6 and the numbers was alot better than for example the penta TP that I also have used alot lately. With the penta the numbers was; launch angle 10,5 backspin: 3360 compared to the e6 when launch angle was 13,6 (according to the fitter 14 was optimal for my SS) and backspin went down to 2390 (optimal was 2600 if I remember correctly) and I would gain an average 21,8 yards.

The negative part is that he didn't have time to let me check the 330RX vs e6... But he said those numbers would be rather similar but not as good as my SS wasn't optimal for the 330RX as I avaraged 92mph and the 330RX was made for 96mph.

Tappin' for world peace!

I was gonna ask what your SS was, but you posted it LOL. I have a 95 mph swing and use the RX and I have found it to be longer and straighter than the Callaway tour i and Nike One Tour. I have hit several drives 270 or better this year, and that is in wet conditions. Can't wait til it dries up! Good luck w/ the e6 flix, I'm sure you'll love it, but it just wasn't for me...

Tappin' for world peace!

It's very cool to see the actual numbers, isn't it? The e6 can really help you gain yards if you aren't a fast swinger. The RX is a good compromise if you really want a ball that spins more around the green.

I was gonna ask what your SS was, but you posted it LOL. I have a 95 mph swing and use the RX and I have found it to be longer and straighter than the Callaway tour i and Nike One Tour. I have hit several drives 270 or better this year, and that is in wet conditions. Can't wait til it dries up! Good luck w/ the e6 flix, I'm sure you'll love it, but it just wasn't for me...

WHAT??!?!?!

95-SS and you can hit it 270yds? My SS taken last week at a fitting was 99 and I can barely reach 250yds. What are you using for ball and club sir? Please enlighten me as I'm starting to get to the point of just settling for 220's down the middle.

WHAT??!?!?!

95-SS and you can hit it 270yds? My SS taken last week at a fitting was 99 and I can barely reach 250yds. What are you using for ball and club sir? Please enlighten me.

Smash factor plays a large role. You could have a guy with a 110 mph SS getting out drove by a guy with 99 MPH SS easily.

Smash factor plays a large role. You could have a guy with a 110 mph SS getting out drove by a guy with 99 MPH SS easily.

Smash factor is just hitting the sweet spot? If my smash factor is 1.4 and my SS is 100mph then my max is 140yds, yes?

Smash factor is just hitting the sweet spot? If my smash factor is 1.4 and my SS is 100mph then my max is 140yds, yes?

No.1.5 is considered perfect.

--
tapatalk

Yeah, I didn't really feel like getting into it so I gave a lazy answer. He could have a much better launch angle than you, better spin rate, etc.. SS alone does not determine distance, but 95 mph SS going 270+ in wet conditions (didn't notice that either) does seem a bit much to me.

Yeah, I didn't really feel like getting into it so I gave a lazy answer. He could have a much better launch angle than you, better spin rate, etc.. SS alone does not determine distance, but 95 mph SS going 270+ in wet conditions (didn't notice that either) does seem a bit much to me.

I don't bother to question people's SS and distance, I just want to learn how to do it LOL
I'm starting to give up hope of consistently hitting 250 drives because my SS is maxed at 100mph. I know accuracy is key but chics dig the long ball HAHA

I don't bother to question people's SS and distance, I just want to learn how to do it LOL
I'm starting to give up hope of consistently hitting 250 drives because my SS is maxed at 100mph. I know accuracy is key but chics dig the long ball HAHA

If you get fit for the perfect driver/shaft combo and ball, you can hit it plenty far with 100 MPH SS.

Dude you've got enough swing speed to do that. I'm averaging 251 total (via gps) and my ss is right there with yours. Long ball isn't any good if the short game can't score.

--
tapatalk

I've had swings on launch monitors where my SS is 112 with one swing and 104 with another and the 104 ends up getting more distance. SW is right though, don't worry about distance. Sounds like you have an adequate amount. Get your 50 yard and in game down and the chicks will be digging you. Haha

If you get fit for the perfect driver/shaft combo and ball, you can hit it plenty far with 100 MPH SS.

Dude you've got enough swing speed to do that. I'm averaging 251 total (via gps) and my ss is right there with yours. Long ball isn't any good if the short game can't score.

--
tapatalk

Experience seems to be key in this convo. I got fit for an R11 last week but don't/can't spend $250 on a new club.

Here's is what TMPL suggested.
R11 9* blur 60 stiff -1/2 (-1*, heel closed)

I was hitting it out to the 230 flag but it was kind of up hill now that I think of it. So it couldn't roll at all. Maybe I'll do a sale of my older clubs to help offset some newer stuff.

$250 for an r11 is a great deal :p but honestly if you want some forgiveness avoid the r11. I like it so much because it fits me. Otherwise there are a ton of quality less expensive drivers out there. Used R9 supertri's can be found in the $140's for instance.

--
tapatalk

$250 for an r11 is a great deal :p but honestly if you want some forgiveness avoid the r11. I like it so much because it fits me. Otherwise there are a ton of quality less expensive drivers out there. Used R9 supertri's can be found in the $140's for instance.

--
tapatalk

Hahaha I was going to say the same exact thing.

R9 SuperTri? Hmmm...is there a shaft I should look for too?

I'm currently playing the G10 with a Avixcore red 69 stiff. I think I can get to about 230ish rolled but I'm not sure since I'm still working out consistency issues.

R9 SuperTri? Hmmm...is there a shaft I should look for too?

I'm currently playing the G10 with a Avixcore red 69 stiff. I think I can get to about 230ish rolled but I'm not sure since I'm still working out consistency issues.

Hammer out your swing then treat yourself with a new stick, plus that will you time to try out a bunch of options.

--
tapatalk

Let's hope it dries up fast then and thank you :)

Tappin' for world peace!

It's very cool to see the actual numbers, isn't it? The e6 can really help you gain yards if you aren't a fast swinger. The RX is a good compromise if you really want a ball that spins more around the green.

Very cool indeed! I like the RX so it will be interesting to use the e6 and see how it affects my short game control.

Tappin' for world peace!

That could be years from now. Lol

Hammer out your swing then treat yourself with a new stick, plus that will you time to try out a bunch of options.

--
tapatalk

I use Tapatalk.

If your smash factor is at 1.4 with a ss with of 100, then your ball speed has a max of 140 mph.

Used the e6 for the first time on a course today. It was just great! Man I love that ball! Gained about 20yards on my drives and that fade I have almost disapered and thar slice I get from time to time turned into a fade. Love it!

Tappin' for world peace!

Tappin' for world peace!

Great results Flix. A gain of over 20 yards off the tee is not to be sniffed at!

Great results Flix. A gain of over 20 yards off the tee is not to be sniffed at!

Exactly. Like it alot.

Tappin' for world peace!

Back