My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

Here is a great gif I found..he gets so tight on the back swing (just like I feel when I played varsity baseball..many moons ago)... Than on way down, he gets real wide..and pushes thru impact with his right hand...he doesn't pull...you can really see how he pushes thru and hits down on it... He even bends or recommends bending the left arm.. (something im kinda hesistant about). I feel similar, I feel so narrow..on backswing and than extend\push on way down. The width he recommends is very very powerful...and the bending of the left and right arm at the top of the backswing is easier on the body..

Just a gif to ponder..but a good view on what lee does..and does well..

Here is a video with a great explanation from one of the guys that does lees stuff so so well. Im almost mid 40,s, I can only hope to swing this well when I hit this gentlemans age. He gets "wide on the bottom" and tries to get the toe of the club to go thru 1st. ...cool video

..In this video below...watch how his toe of the club passes early and really turns over after he hits the ball (in slow motion view). I never realized how much of this I have in my game now. In a lot of video lessons I had, teachers would frown on this in their reviews.. But I sure hit it good doing this... Weird..awkward..but I did have some great results.. I guess I like that this type of swing puts less strain on my body, and requires less time (which im so so short of)

Last edited:
After reading the article that Wardf posted I understand this a little more and it goes back to a drill that an old instructor gave me and I actually saw it on the Golf Channel done by Martin Hall one time

take your stance to a ball with a 6 or 7 iron....swing to the top and stop....now drop the left arm and club....put a ball into your right hand and as you move forward try to throw the ball as hard as you can at the ball on ground....the speed of extending your right arm will add 3-5 mph to your swing speed.

Now THAT I understood!

I like Lee's stuff MM. But as you read through this thread and about 1000 other threads on a site like this one thing becomes very clear, if it isn't a new club or shaft people don't care. Just for giggles go back through the threads on this site or golfwrx and see how many people are trying to learn how to play golf and how many people are trying to buy a golf swing through equipment. I do not think Lee delivers a clear message but I can take a piece of what he does and incorporate it into my swing and my game to hopefully help me.

Go through any instruction thread on this forum and if their isn't a "drill" to do or a training aid being sold then the majority of people do not understand how to retain and utilize the information. This is the state of golf instruction and you can't deny that, just watch golf channel late at night to prove it to yourself.

I find it unfortunate that someone would type things like he may be "autistic", why not just move on to another thread without saying anything? If this does not help your game that is ok, MOVE TO ANOTHER THREAD. But why talk about someone's mental health? Does anyone else think that is ridiculous? Or how about we question the mental health of the person that typed that statement? I mean where is the forum leader and how is that acceptable? When MM made a comment about driving around in a van it took about 5 minutes for a comment to be made by the forum leader but nothing about bashing someone's mental health.

I do not post much on this site as you can see and this thread is more proof that these forums are more destructive to the game then they are promoting it in my opinion.

:act-up:Nick ..no frets it is all good. I just wanted to do something nice for lee, he always ..always would go out of his way to help me..or anyone else for that matter. I used to do swing threads with my swing, well..now I'm doing my best to break down lees swing for everyone to enjoy. I tried to do my best in explaining via print and videos I could fine..that will best represent what lee's method is. No matter what thread you make on any forum, you will get some negative..but also good responses as well..just the nature of the beast. His method has helped with my overall ball striking and lack of speed..not only for me..but for many others. I have been trying to so call "shallow" the club now for years..and what lee promotes..(..more of a 1 plane swing) ..seems to really benefited me in the long run. My practice time is so so so limited now..and I'm starting to see the full effects of being a father to a 2 1/2 yr old now.. The look I was always after just isn't going to happen..maybe ever.. This method isn't a look, but more a motion...which takes a lot,of pressure off of me in trying to chase that magic "shallow" plane attack angle that has always eluded me. I setup ( weight slightly left/ handle neutral) ..take it narrow...back..than slam it down..toe 1st contact..(lees 45 degree..CCW right arm on downswing..vs clockwise right arm shallow). ( with the club head and my feet and lower body squat move). Until I feel I'm ready to delve back into a "look" type of golf move.,I will stick with this "motion" golf move. And let the ball flight and divot look dictate what my swing is doing..vs a magic plane angle that drove me nuts trying to achieve for a few seasons now.

I just hope I did lee justice..and described as best what I took from all of his help that I applied to my game.. To all the positive responses..a million thanks

mm

Last edited:
I like Lee's stuff MM. But as you read through this thread and about 1000 other threads on a site like this one thing becomes very clear, if it isn't a new club or shaft people don't care. Just for giggles go back through the threads on this site or golfwrx and see how many people are trying to learn how to play golf and how many people are trying to buy a golf swing through equipment. I do not think Lee delivers a clear message but I can take a piece of what he does and incorporate it into my swing and my game to hopefully help me.

Go through any instruction thread on this forum and if their isn't a "drill" to do or a training aid being sold then the majority of people do not understand how to retain and utilize the information. This is the state of golf instruction and you can't deny that, just watch golf channel late at night to prove it to yourself.

I find it unfortunate that someone would type things like he may be "autistic", why not just move on to another thread without saying anything? If this does not help your game that is ok, MOVE TO ANOTHER THREAD. But why talk about someone's mental health? Does anyone else think that is ridiculous? Or how about we question the mental health of the person that typed that statement? I mean where is the forum leader and how is that acceptable? When MM made a comment about driving around in a van it took about 5 minutes for a comment to be made by the forum leader but nothing about bashing someone's mental health.

I do not post much on this site as you can see and this thread is more proof that these forums are more destructive to the game then they are promoting it in my opinion.

No offense here, but this is not accurate.
Not even remotely accurate.
In fact our largest threads are not equipment related at all....NOT EVEN CLOSE!

And calling this place more destructive to the game than promoting it is frankly ridiculous.
We have a professional helping people every day with SWING TIPS not training aids.

Criticism is fine, we take it and learn from it. But please make sure its accurate before doing so.

MM,

+1 on your efforts to promote Lee's motion. Not an easy task. I honestly believe Lee has started to boil down the basics of his motion with the "push" the 45 degree, (OTT), waiting 3 yrs for that explanation, lol, and over rotation, (the slap)CCW through impact, also waiting 3 yrs for that explanation.

Also, I really like the references he uses regarding the club (toe) which , in the past, he talked briefly about , but without much impact of it's importance.

Without the intent and feel or what the hands do in the swing, whether we can do it naturally, or otherwise, is worth the effort, IMO, and Lee certainly has provided us with a start, as well as results to back it up.

Good luck MM, I will enjoy seeing how this thread progresses.

Mark, 1lovegolf24

Last edited:
I've been following this thread and although it's tough to follow some of the verbal instruction just watching his swing is very interesting.
As someone who is struggling to fix an OTT even though I hit the ball pretty well with it, this gives me some hope my swing isn't as big a
mess as I thought. Looking forward to my next range session with some of this in mind.

No offense here, but this is not accurate.
Not even remotely accurate.
In fact our largest threads are not equipment related at all....NOT EVEN CLOSE!

And calling this place more destructive to the game than promoting it is frankly ridiculous.
We have a professional helping people every day with SWING TIPS not training aids.

Criticism is fine, we take it and learn from it. But please make sure its accurate before doing so.

I will tell you what is not inaccurate about my statement, that you conveniently chose to overlook in your response. That someone made a comment about driving around in a van and you took about 5 minutes to respond and get upset. But someone on the very same thread questions a mans mental health and you don't say a word? And once again I call into question the nature of these forums and you respond the first chance you get but a man bashing someones mental health is still not addressed. But I am sure I am being inaccurate, silly me.

I am totally fine with you calling my post inaccurate but don't choose to not address the biggest part of my post because THAT is incredibly inaccurate.

Well... To get things back on topic.

MM, do you feel you still have a good ability to work the ball with a straight fade/draw? Or does it typically start left and then curve from there?

I will tell you what is not inaccurate about my statement, that you conveniently chose to overlook in your response. That someone made a comment about driving around in a van and you took about 5 minutes to respond and get upset. But someone on the very same thread questions a mans mental health and you don't say a word? And once again I call into question the nature of these forums and you respond the first chance you get but a man bashing someones mental health is still not addressed. But I am sure I am being inaccurate, silly me.

I am totally fine with you calling my post inaccurate but don't choose to not address the biggest part of my post because THAT is incredibly inaccurate.

Whether or not a mod speaks to someone about questioning someone's mental health is not known. You have no idea if that was done privately or not, and once again, are making a gross assessment without being correct.

Your post was/is 100% inaccurate. As said, our largest threads on THP have NOTHING to do with equipment. As a site, we DO have a professional helping people get better at the game.

What is known, is that when someone takes a shot at the site, the mods and/or the owners its worth noting. We take every criticism seriously and sometimes they are accurate and we quickly work to correct them. In this case, they are not accurate and think that should be shared as well.

As a moderator, you want to try and please every person, and have each reader/member enjoy their experience. But the reality is, some just disagree to disagree without any research to learn that what they are disagreeing with is not actually correct. We hope you take the time to learn what this site is about, what the goals are and that it is filled with thousands of wonderful people that love this game.

Now I dont think this should take away from Mystery Meat's topic, that he and others are enjoying.

MM, do you feel you still have a good ability to work the ball with a straight fade/draw? Or does it typically start left and then curve from there?

In one of his videos, Lee states that he hits he outside of the ball for a draw and the inside for a fade.

Pull-draw and push-fade.

In one of his videos, Lee states that he hits he outside of the ball for a draw and the inside for a fade.

Pull-draw and push-fade.

That's playing with fire playing with the pull draw. Little too much gas and that's a snapper

That's playing with fire playing with the pull draw. Little too much gas and that's a snapper

I agree completely.

I can't get past the baseball grip. They've basically said this won't work without that grip so that takes me out of the running.

LeeTurn.gif
[/URL]

If you look in that GIF it is almost like the left hip clearing and squeeze/push on the left foot is pulling while he is firing the right side into impact. Granted the swing thought may be that he is just blasting it Right Sided, but that left hip is clearing nicely to allow that to happen it seems.

I tried the baseball grip today with the space between my hands. Felt like Charles Barkley.

:act-up:Nick ..no frets it is all good. I just wanted to do something nice for lee, he always ..always would go out of his way to help me..or anyone else for that matter. I used to do swing threads with my swing, well..now I'm doing my best to break down lees swing for everyone to enjoy. I tried to do my best in explaining via print and videos I could fine..that will best represent what lee's method is. No matter what thread you make on any forum, you will get some negative..but also good responses as well..just the nature of the beast. His method has helped with my overall ball striking and lack of speed..not only for me..but for many others. I have been trying to so call "shallow" the club now for years..and what lee promotes..(..more of a 1 plane swing) ..seems to really benefited me in the long run. My practice time is so so so limited now..and I'm starting to see the full effects of being a father to a 2 1/2 yr old now.. The look I was always after just isn't going to happen..maybe ever.. This method isn't a look, but more a motion...which takes a lot,of pressure off of me in trying to chase that magic "shallow" plane attack angle that has always eluded me. I setup ( weight slightly left/ handle neutral) ..take it narrow...back..than slam it down..toe 1st contact..(lees 45 degree..CCW right arm on downswing..vs clockwise right arm shallow). ( with the club head and my feet and lower body squat move). Until I feel I'm ready to delve back into a "look" type of golf move.,I will stick with this "motion" golf move. And let the ball flight and divot look dictate what my swing is doing..vs a magic plane angle that drove me nuts trying to achieve for a few seasons now.

I just hope I did lee justice..and described as best what I took from all of his help that I applied to my game.. To all the positive responses..a million thanks

mm

I still like Lee's swing. I still can't understand a tenth of what he's trying to communicate. Sadly, in order for any golf lesson to be effective, it must be communicated. If I can't receive it because of difficulty on my end or the sender can't send it because of difficulty on his end, there endeth the lesson.

I apologize if anyone took offense because I thought I observed some odd OCD-like gestures, and Aspergian symptoms in the many videos of Lee banging balls into blackness. I am not a doctor. Is it wrong to comment on things we see in videos posted here? Would it be more wrong to comment on Lee's swing flaws if we saw them, or on his strange, fragmented, nearly incomprehensible narratives? I don't know what Lee's deal is. He has a very fine swing. I cannot understand anything he says.

I tried the baseball grip today with the space between my hands. Felt like Charles Barkley.

A baseball grip doesn't have a space between the hands. I use one and my hands are together. Did he say somewhere to actually leave a gap? If he did I must have missed that. That would feel strange.

I apologize if anyone took offense because I thought I observed some odd OCD-like gestures, and Aspergian symptoms in the many videos of Lee banging balls into blackness. I am not a doctor. Is it wrong to comment on things we see in videos posted here? Would it be more wrong to comment on Lee's swing flaws if we saw them, or on his strange, fragmented, nearly incomprehensible narratives? I don't know what Lee's deal is. He has a very fine swing. I cannot understand anything he says.

There is nothing wrong with ever sharing an opinion on THP.
All we have always asked is that personal attacks (which I did not see) are not allowed and keeping it civil at all times is a must.

Some choose to follow those very simple rules. Others prefer to mock and make fun. Fortunately for THPers, the latter do not end up lasting all that long usually.

I can work it both ways with this method,,,and yes outside of ball to draw..( push draw)..inside of ball and I hit fade ( push fades) .. I'm not sounding cocky, but if anyone swings like lee..I do it naturally with a varsity baseball background... The outside of ball isn't new, Jim hardy taught this for years. Look at lees setup, he promotes all shots played off the toe. He wants toe 1 st contact. Again, I don't want to turn this into a circus..this was just a way of saying thanks to lee. It works, and it works over and over again. I pulled my swing out of here yesterday for viewing..as I was so hurt about the dumb look. But it works..and works for lee too. I will put up a comparison of me and lee tonight...and put out a
video I found of a modern teaching of the swing. Exactly lees stuff..that chip beck is doing now as well...

this is a great move for guys like me and others who don't have a million hours to get a look. A look that may or may not work, I'm not going down that look mode again. I'm thinking divot ..where I want it to go..how hard I'm going to hit it..and writing down the lowest score I can produce on the score card,

I am steep..but pushing down slam feels so so powerful

All good man! You can tell it definitely sounds compressed as hell

I can work it both ways with this method,,,and yes outside of ball to draw..( push draw)..inside of ball and I hit fade ( push fades) .. I'm not sounding cocky, but if anyone swings like lee..I do it naturally with a varsity baseball background... The outside of ball isn't new, Jim hardy taught this for years. Look at lees setup, he promotes all shots played off the toe. He wants toe 1 st contact. Again, I don't want to turn this into a circus..this was just a way of saying thanks to lee. It works, and it works over and over again. I pulled my swing out of here yesterday for viewing..as I was so hurt about the dumb look. But it works..and works for lee too. I will put up a comparison of me and lee tonight...and put out a
video I found of a modern teaching of the swing. Exactly lees stuff..that chip beck is doing now as well...

this is a great move for guys like me and others who don't have a million hours to get a look. A look that may or may not work, I'm not going down that look mode again. I'm thinking divot ..where I want it to go..how hard I'm going to hit it..and writing down the lowest score I can produce on the score card,

I am steep..but pushing down slam feels so so powerful

So everything sounds so perfect and effortless based on your descriptions and evaluation but every swing has a miss. What is your miss when you don't put the perfect swing on it? Late or early? Fat or thin? Hooks or slice? We all have em, I was just curious about yours.

How does this swing translate with you on the touch shots where power isn't needed as much? Do you still get the feel and touch around the greens?

I'm all for the positive about the swing but now explain some of the things to watch out for or what your struggles have been with the adjustment.

Thanks!

So everything sounds so perfect and effortless based on your descriptions and evaluation but every swing has a miss. What is your miss when you don't put the perfect swing on it? Late or early? Fat or thin? Hooks or slice? We all have em, I was just curious about yours.

How does this swing translate with you on the touch shots where power isn't needed as much? Do you still get the feel and touch around the greens?

I'm all for the positive about the swing but now explain some of the things to watch out for or what your struggles have been with the adjustment.

Thanks!

my bad shot is a pull..which I have always fought. But a pull is still very very powerful..IMO...Infact it might be more powerful than a draw.

pitching is easier, and I really spin it now with this downward smash I'm applying with the sole of the club. Only issues I have is blowing the ball long now. I'm not used to hitting 7 iron 210 at times..and 3 utility 250. Distances are hard to,gauge..and will require more practice and dedication. I even had a 9 iron go 185 with this...just messing around on the course. A little nerve racking off of hard pan, and deep rough . If it gets bad..just aim to slam in front of the ball

in baseball..the biggest hitter were pull hitters...remains the same in golf..IMO..I feel like a pull hitter. But if I aim at different areas of the ball....where I can slam down..I offset the pull. But keep the power I get from the pull.

hope that doesn't sound confusing..just what I feel now

my bad shot is a pull..which I have always fought. But a pull is still very very powerful..IMO...Infact it might be more powerful than a draw.

pitching is easier, and I really spin it now with this downward smash I'm applying with the sole of the club. Only issues I have is blowing the ball long now. I'm not used to hitting 7 iron 210 at times..and 3 utility 250. Distances are hard to,gauge..and will require more practice and dedication. I even had a 9 iron go 185 with this...just messing around on the course. A little nerve racking off of hard pan, and deep rough . If it gets bad..just aim to slam in front of the ball

in baseball..the biggest hitter were pull hitters...remains the same in golf..IMO..I feel like a pull hitter. But if I aim at different areas of the ball....where I can slam down..I offset the pull. But keep the power I get from the pull.

hope that doesn't sound confusing..just what I feel now

So I have to ask.
What you are saying is with this new swing, you simply dont miss anymore except long?
Since the pull was always an error, all of these (as you put it drastic) changes did not introduce any misses?

I mean every swing in the world and every player in the world has misses when they change swings. Is this swing you are focusing so "fool proof" that no misses are introduced at all? I can honestly say in my 30 years of playing this game and 15 years of studying, I have never ever heard of that.

Incredible.

On average, how many strokes have you saved per round since switching to this swing?

Hitting a 210 yard 7i is awesome. How are those touch wedge shots working?

Back