My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

Cool ..I will do that jb.. You have a great handicap as well,,but being completely honest here.. Maybe my swing look didn't change, but the flight of the ball is so much lower and a compressed feeling. For anyone that is a good player, a change in ball flight and feel is huge strides to getting better

will check them out.thanks for,letting me know

I will be completely honest here as well. I have no idea what you are speaking of. What are you being completely honest about my handicap? Can you explain? Im sure I am just missing something. I assure you my handicap is from scoring, not because my swing is pretty.

I think the honest part is that maybe the look of his swing didn't change. I almost lost it in the punctuation as well

I will be completely honest here as well. I have no idea what you are speaking of. What are you being completely honest about my handicap? Can you explain? Im sure I am just missing something. I assure you my handicap is from scoring, not because my swing is pretty.

When u are a low handicapper.and a good player like u,..when ball flight and compression changes, those are huge huge changes for us. I care less what the swing looks like either, but I care about the ball flight. My ball flight is lower and a boring ball flight now with more speed..I love it. That is what I have really noticed and I love about this the most.

I think the honest part is that maybe the look of his swing didn't change. I almost lost it in the punctuation as well

maybe it is the same..but the ball flight and speed I feel are a huge change for me. This is a motion,,not a look at all. Other methods are about position, for me..this is about producing speed and better control. Lower / boring ball flight is a huge change from high weak balloon hits..I hated those high shuttle shots

Yeah, I believe that is the case. It seems to happen to me quite a bit.

I'd love to see some updated numbers on you when you get a chance. See how much club head speed you've gained from getting faster with the hands and slamming down now.

I'd love to see some updated numbers on you when you get a chance. See how much club head speed you've gained from getting faster with the hands and slamming down now.

Ok, when we get out of this polar vortex.. And no disrespect to anyone who like swing looks.. I just want to find a way I can score lower in this game. I'm sticking to this..

Ok, when we get out of this polar vortex.. And no disrespect to anyone who like swing looks.. I just want to find a way I can score lower in this game. I'm sticking to this..

I don't think anyone is trying to talk you out of your swing and look. I was just curious because you have posted many videos of yourself throughout this thread I was getting lost on if they were the same swing or if you were trying to prove something in the video. No harm, no foul.

No need to get defensive. This place is not about bashing people. Just curious, that's all!

I dont think anybody was bashing you. But when you have a thread that goes on for pages and pages talking about how amazing a swing is because everything is better for you about it, people want to know more.

Look at it like this. You started this thread so people could find this amazingly super awesome swing and now people have. You said it has done this this and this for you. And now people are excited and want to see how that translates to actual raw data.

I am curious why you want to hit it lower, i was watching one of those videos and could not believe how low the ball flight was, how much roll are you or Lee getting?

Im just getting caught up on this thread. I mean no offense to anyone in here but WTF IS GOING ON???? Haha seriously these videos must be in German. Im lost

No..no offense at all. And really, I'm curious to see how much I increased my speed. I'm almost 43..and the last 5 years I have been losing distance and more distance..and more distance. Last year..I played the senior tees one time, and the whites the rest of the rounds. Being straight and in play is fine,,in fact it is a great way to play and a very consistent way at that. But enough was enough,,I stumbled onto this method...and feels great..

I will post my swing numbers from last year to this year.. The look of the swing doesn't bother me...hitting it longer is what I'm striving for.

this is the one picture that I'm proud of..the lee motion is doing this. I'm getting wider on the way down.. Wider for me allows me to get more hit on it..narrow (lag by many gurus terms),. Has costed me a lot of distance. I'm so happy to see this disappearing..took a lot of work to just make this look change

Last edited:
Left is where you are now, right is where you were correct?

Left is where you are now, right is where you were correct?

Correct....see how narrow I was..way too too narrow. Call it throw away or whatever (left pic) ..but sure lets me get the club on the ball easier. I know it isn't only a small change..but making a wider change ( for me) on downswing is a good thing. The real laggy look requires some great timing to square the face. Wide really is making this seem like a slightly easier game..and more repeatable

Like anything else, too much of it could be an issue. On the right, that angle is really really deep into the transition to impact. I would imagine you hit a lot of low low shots with that and had consistency issues. There's a lot of area for that club head to still travel and not a lot of time to do it. If you somehow released it all by impact, it'd probably go a mile, but good luck with that.

The left one doesn't look bad at all. Looks like all you have to do is keep turning and I guess in your case, slam the sole into the turf?

To my untrained eye there's plenty of (good) lag in the left picture, the club head is just traveling on a wider arch. Wider arch = more speed = more distance.

Like anything else, too much of it could be an issue. On the right, that angle is really really deep into the transition to impact. I would imagine you hit a lot of low low shots with that and had consistency issues. There's a lot of area for that club head to still travel and not a lot of time to do it. If you somehow released it all by impact, it'd probably go a mile, but good luck with that.

The left one doesn't look

bad at all. Looks like all you have to do is keep turning and I guess in your case, slam the sole into the turf?

yep..easier to repeat ward.. I'm not an avid die hard golfer like I used to be..life has changed for me. One last thing that lee is big on now.."neck plane" and that is super repeatable as well.. Not a look thing at all his method, a method that will hopefully let me practice way less and go and play way more..

Went to the indoor net at our YMCA and hit a few 9 irons.. The last time I used skypro on my 9 iron was august. Handspeed and club head speed is up. I know the main judge will be my handicap this year..but more importantly my tournament play ( where my swing used to go south..). That will be the final test. But nice to just have speed again, and the ability to at least have the opportunity to hit a par 5 in 2 ..or hit a higher lofted iron into a par 4. Distance does make the game more playable..but accuracy should never be overlooked as well. We will see how this season goes, will give it my best...have some fun..and see how the main object ( score) turns out

Last edited:
When you say neck plane do you mean to rotate around a fixed point ie your spine angle/neck at address? They sound like the same thing to me?

Your club head speed for a 9 iron went up 15 mph and the only change was this swing?
Nothing else at all? And you were in good health swing wise both times?

Your club head speed for a 9 iron went up 15 mph and the only change was this swing?

Yea, something aint jiving with that. MM looks to be pretty athletic overall and that's a big jump for a 9 iron.

neck plane..this is a vertical swing motion..more hands and arms.. Not a pivot based swing. Hope I'm not confusing,,I'm trying to explain this as best I can. Some may say goat humor, I tried the pivot extreme flat inside approach to the ball. You have to pivot big time or leave it way out. Now Im using more hands and arms and flipping as people would say. But feels better to me.. And easier to maintain. I tried the pivot flat inside approach swing..didn't master it..but understood it. If I did get it..with a family and full time job.. There would be no way for me to maintain it..IMO. Again that is just me

Last edited:
Weeeeew 15 mph?? Id also like to know how you increased that much. Genuinely curious, I could use some speed

Yep..just a more vertical swing .,steep to some ..but I would feel steep back and thru.. A one plane vertical swing..little pivot the waY thru. And hit down on it..with hand flip after I make contact. I was in good health, I was into swinging left and not letting face turn over. Now I just let it flip over after I make contact, with a vertical backswing and downswing ( staying on neck plane..alla Nicklaus..) . Feels great , maybe I'm a big post flipper .. But that flippy feeling after I hit down really feels powerful to me. Score will tell this year, but I will see what happens and do my best. Just nice to know I might be able to hit a par 5 in 2 ..or have a more lofted iron into a par 4

I'm not a pro..nor do I consider myself a good golfer.. Just looking for anyway to get more speed. Last spring, I was so short...I played the senior tees on harder courses. I know I finished as a 3 handicap..but I made the game playable by teeing it forward.

this on backswing and downswing..and I hit down..with less pivot thru the ball ( neck plan

Last edited:
Back