My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

Yea, something aint jiving with that. MM looks to be pretty athletic overall and that's a big jump for a 9 iron.

That is a massive jump. I have a call into a buddy of mine that studies swing speed and ball speed to get a few answers, because that is almost unfathomable with nothing other than a swing change, and no actual golf being played due to weather.

this type of neck plane vs
]. Vs the body pivot under plane swing.

Last edited:
That is a massive jump. I have a call into a buddy of mine that studies swing speed and ball speed to get a few answers, because that is almost unfathomable with nothing other than a swing change, and no actual golf being played due to weather.

jb..I thought lee was full of crap. I would listen to is his advice..and I knew he was trying to help. But I gave this a shot, and my numbers just flew up real fast. Ball was flying way stronger.. Control was a semi issue..with some pulls and pull hooks. But it is much straighter now.. I had nothing to lose, I was so so so short... If I can maintain this speed, keep the ball in play. I will be fine this year. Feels very comfortable to me, look isn't my concern. I want to do whatever I can to get speed and shoot lower scores. Anyway.. I'm going to keep on improving and see what this season has to,offer me. This feels more like a golf swing to me now..before I felt like I was hitting..when I felt hit..I would slow down to hit it. Now I feel like I'm swinging thru fast with my hands and arms

thanks for listening guys..have a wonderful season.. Hope to see u on the links. I really can't explain this anymore...I tried as best as I could...

I wouldn't stop the explaining. It's definitely an interesting read, but like I'm sure you've experienced, there's always a lot of questions and such as people read more and more.

The more the banter back and forth with answers and follow ups, the easier it is for someone to learn and make sense of things

I wouldn't stop the explaining. It's definitely an interesting read, but like I'm sure you've experienced, there's always a lot of questions and such as people read more and more.

The more the banter back and forth with answers and follow ups, the easier it is for someone to learn and make sense of things

I couldn't agree with this more. MM, I've been reading this thread since day one and I find it fascinating. I, like many others, thank you for sharing and I hope what has clicked for you can help some of the rest of us hacks! :act-up:

Are you mystery man on ST by chance?

Well thank you ..all of you for the kind words. Once you get loaded on the backswing, and the shaft is even with your right shoulder or neck..than from there smash it down. I think of chopping wood.. I naturally use my hands and get width with my arms in the downswing when I do this.. Someone asked me, where do you smash it down at? I have 2 smash points..one for the driver..one for the irons.. I was scared of the fat shots..but I never had this issue..not sure why. But the " neck plane" literally gives me a straight free shot at the ball. Weight is setup left side basis..( similar to stack and tilt) handle is neutral..(belt buckle) ..and I grip firmer with the right hand ( main power source) . Tee the ball off the toe of the club..which means you are standing slightly farther away from it. Weight on the back of the right foot,,not towards the heel. Left foot has weight more towards the middle. Maintain this, that weight on back of right foot is huge. Keeps neck plane from Turning into the dreaded OTT..which this is not...and will prevent the goat hump look at impact.

i smash by right foot for the driver..and in front of the ball for the irons..and when I mean smash,,I mean slam the club down..hard.. Right hand firm..lets me smash it ..and smash it hard. The smash back on the driver shadowed out my angle of attack..gave me the sense that the ball was on the face of the club longer..

I studied this this stuff from lee ..during my trial of 2 weeks of just this method. When I study a swing method..I'm totally focused on it.. I thought it would never work..ever. For me it was always lag, and getting below plane.. This went against all my knowledge of what I thought I should be doing. I felt like a big hacker the first few days..but the ball flew very true and incredible farther. Pull basis with slight hook.,yes. But once I bought into this, the flight straightened out..and ball had a lot more forward momentum..much more than I was used too.

if I do film now, I just look at the neck plane in the dtl view. If I get the shaft between my mid to top of right shoulder and mid neck..I'm golden.. Lower and I lose speed.

Last edited:
That makes sense to me although we've got different moves. I feel that once I get to the top, I just unwind kinda like your HR hitter there in your signature, but I don't consciously use any hand action.

That makes sense to me although we've got different moves. I feel that once I get to the top, I just unwind kinda like your HR hitter there in your signature, but I don't consciously use any hand action.

you have to physically find the spot you want to smash down..without the smash down., you will blow right by with your hands..and unwind too quickly. The spot that I found that works for me..literally stops my shoulders from spinning open too soon. Without the down, it will turn into a weak flip and left hand break down too early.. I literally have to take divots before I hit the ball. To ingrain the feel of going down after it. Without that feel, I blow by my spot and flip.. And yes, I would practice taking divots with the driver as well. Hitting early vs later with the driver was huge..it wasn't a cast ...it was a proper powerful release for me. Than by standing slightly further away , with ball of the toe at address ...wow..that was the topper with my driver swing...

These are my biggest to date.. When I'm not hitting off of ice..I'm 108 to 110 driver..and had 7 iron 98 to a high of 101. My hand speed reached a max of 33 mphs.. This is a fast fast hands speed method..insanely fast..

don't worry about the look..just look at the ball taking off and going long. That is the only look I like anyway.. And lee was big about the tempo..more I do this.,more I get a ratio of 3 to 1.p

Last edited:
And this shoe made all the difference doing this,,the linkster.. Seriously,, almost preset the weight on back of right foot for mG]

anyway..it is late.. This is the basics ,,and what I do now. Believe me, it isn't hard..nor is it a lot to do. My last 3 posts are pretty simple, but it is effective. I studied this, and I think I got it.. Not perfect ..but a great start for this season..

Last edited:
He sure does use his downward vector well as he works the com of the club. I believe that his main concern is keeping the clubs com in line with the right forearm which accumulates power through the release. The hands are not moving faster than normal. They just have more consistent speed through impact.

He seems to hit the ball well enough. Unfortunately I wish he could deliver his message a little more effectively because I feel he has a lot valid physical points.

More information on him would be greatly appreciated.

C

Last edited:
Very sloppy day..spent day hitting all 8 irons on course that was closed..( but they let me hit) ..159 avg using bushnell.. Everything over the top at bottom now..but strong hits. Before I would want the shaft more behind me,... Weird though, I generate more speed when I ".throw it," now.. Before I would rotate face open on way down..and have to rotate. Now I feel like "feel" like I'm just swinging with quieter legs..and throwing it out from the way down with hands and arms. Exactly what lee does. A crummy days, but I would be happy with 159 in the mud vs 150 max last season mid summer.( with an 8 iron). Shot basis was all slight/ slight push today with 8 irons. and slightly on[/IMG]

Last edited:
MM - have you had the new swing on the course at all yet? Or was this swing change made this offseason and you have yet to put it in play.

No doubt you are getting more distance, but really see how the distance translates to the course and hitting greens.

MM - have you had the new swing on the course at all yet? Or was this swing change made this offseason and you have yet to put it in play.

No doubt you are getting more distance, but really see how the distance translates to the course and hitting greens.

Played 3 rounds with it last year..score was pretty much the same. But I was able to handle par 5's easier..and shorter approach shots.. Mostly range time with this,,

my biggest today was 89 miles per hour..and I was 8 degrees OTT at knee height,,big throw at the bottom. This is very weird for me, and kinds angers me. I worked so hard to be on plane or under..and now the more i throw it away the longer and the more mph. In fact the 89 was a flip impact with handle back club 1 st... Almost like I was adding loft,

maybe it was because it was muddy and I didn't want to take a divot today?

Everything I ever believed in is being reversed.. I'm just free swinging it now..in feeling.. Throwing / flipping..but hitting it better and longer. Disturbing , and frustrating,, maybe I should put the skypro away. Felt like great swings , but looked like a hacker on monitor

a flip for sure..but strong speed..and were flying w

Last edited:
I agree that you should put the skypro away. Dont worry about numbers. Focus on results.

I agree that you should put the skypro away. Dont worry about numbers. Focus on results.

Once scores get written down, winter launch monitor numbers become useless.

Once scores get written down, winter launch monitor numbers become useless.

Exactly.

And Mystery Meat - you seemed to be focused on constantly increasing your swing speed rather than finding a repeatable swing that will lead to consistent yardages on the course.

First half of this thread is a passive aggressive bloodbath. Hate seeing all of that. Yikes.

I like your thoughts MM. If this is working well for you and giving you some good results and good confidence, run with it buddy. Haters are gonna hate. They always do. And if you feel teamed up on, shake it off and enjoy the game for you. Don't try to please anyone else with your posts or actions. It'll take away from your enjoyment. Good swinging and hit'em straight.

TTing

First half of this thread is a passive aggressive bloodbath. Hate seeing all of that. Yikes.

I like your thoughts MM. If this is working well for you and giving you some good results and good confidence, run with it buddy. Haters are gonna hate. They always do. And if you feel teamed up on, shake it off and enjoy the game for you. Don't try to please anyone else with your posts or actions. It'll take away from your enjoyment. Good swinging and hit'em straight.

TTing

Dude it's just taken some time to understand it. No one is chastising him, and the now that we have a bit of understanding, I think people can accept where he is coming from. No need to start this up again into something bigger than it is.

Dude it's just taken some time to understand it. No one is chastising him, and the now that we have a bit of understanding, I think people can accept where he is coming from. No need to start this up again into something bigger than it is.

I was just addressing some of the concerns that he clearly voiced. I wasn't trying to dig anything up, I was more trying to put him at ease and support his thoughts more than anything

TTing

I learned from you guys,.not to give up on what I believe in. Today , I went out with the intention of logging my clubhead distances with an 8 iron..due to courses being closed. I was very consistent today,,super consistent,, with no effort into the ball. Just seeing his my impact looked, was disheartening on the sky pro. But seems so effortless playing this way, and so repeatable. If I filmed, I would've been disappointed for weeks..I'm crossing the line at the bottom and hitting higher up on the face with the clubhead outracing the handle. But it did say my plane was real real good..it was on the "neck plane"..

only way to tell now is by working on what my distances are..than to and play in my tourneys and handicap rounds.. Than..and only than can I give this a fair go.

Bit it seemed like I was barely swinging,,.yet it was flying so so so well..

and yes I'm discouraged..everything I thought I shouldn't do..I did today. And it worked

sorry to be a pain

Dont be discouraged then dude! Who cares what it looks like. It is all about results man. If this works for you then keep on rocking it

Back