My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

Good observation..I try and push everything,,I think push fade..or push draw. Even though shot may be a pull or push bias. I feel like I'm pushing not pulling in the hitting zone while I slam it down. It is what it is.

My swing is just me I guess..but I so hope you guys learned a little from the videos I dug up. All I ever meant to do with this thread..

Absolutely, but my point was you are not over the top or casting..

Absolutely, but my point was you are not over the top or casting..

well according to my skypro..I'm heads and tails over the shallow plane I also worked on this summer. Being on a neck plane vs....middle body plane works for m
Red backswing..blue downswing.. Now I'm just finding my motion..steep or not..I'm getting my mid 20's speed back

Last edited:
Should I ask him to join? This is his stuff ..not mine., I removed all my swings ..I'm just made this to show what it is that is working for me. And attempted to break this down so I and others can understand. Wasn't easy Dev..but my skypro nor the ball flying doesn't lie

People should join under their free will. If they want to join great. If they don't want to join that's fine too.

While I understand this has become a "mission" to you about spreading his words you feel are wisdom it does come off a bit salesy when even in THP event threads you speak of having him on speaker phone to share his teachings with others.

A bit over the top...no?

People should join under their free will. If they want to join great. If they don't want to join that's fine too.

While I understand this has become a "mission" to you about spreading his words you feel are wisdom it does come off a bit salesy when even in THP event threads you speak of having him on speaker phone to share his teachings with others.

A bit over the top...no?
im just happy to get some speed back again.. And being able to play some good scoring golf again as well.. Just hoping I could repay his kind gestures to me...to others. And let people know, there is other ways to play this game..maybe not considered orthodox ..but it is effective

and you drive jb..I tend to do the gas/ break thing to much. People complain it gets them motion sickness my driving,

It is exciting to make improvements to one's golf game - you just come of a little... cult-ish

Ok..sorry. I just like putting lees stuff up for anyone that wants to look at it. No cult stuff..no angles or anything., just some good fun. I spent a lot of time trying to figure lee out, putting down in a thread format on how I'm interpreting it. At the beginning, when I first started watching lee.. I wasn't sure about him or his teachings. But now, I'm actually understanding him. This is just a way for me , or anyone else that wants to jump in., a chance to post stuff from lee that might be helpful to any of you guys who want to try it. Don't like it..than in biggie,, a million ways to play this game..which is cool with me

MM,

Some may think me crazy, cultish, etc, but one thing points to a clear sense of why I am not.

My opinion here of course, lol.

That sense is Lee's results, repeatability and understanding of why it works.

Do I understand it fully. Not a chance, but if i were a betting man, I would at least spend some time finding out what it is this man has to say.

Unfortunately, Lee is not here to explain, so hopefully, in the near future, we can get an explanation from the man himself.

So, until then, as if my opinion matters, Lee is in my top 5 motions of all time for the reasons stated above.

Mark

MM,

Some may think me crazy, cultish, etc, but one thing points to a clear sense of why I am not.

My opinion here of course, lol.

That sense is Lee's results, repeatability and understanding of why it works.

Do I understand it fully. Not a chance, but if i were a betting man, I would at least spend some time finding out what it is this man has to say.

Unfortunately, Lee is not here to explain, so hopefully, in the near future, we can get an explanation from the man himself.

So, until then, as if my opinion matters, Lee is in my top 5 motions of all time for the reasons stated above.

Mark

Can say all that again,, . A million ways to swing the club, but this one makes it easy for me to put the club on the ball,

[video=youtube_share;x-q3BjWw9cw]http://youtu.be/x-q3BjWw9cw[/video]

AGAIN GOING TO GET IT IN THE GAMES and trail arm is big factor in homerun derdy no game different dude in game the REAL DUDE of simplicity. arms and hands are the play in the swing is the duration of any type of sport swing with bat club or racket. For Bryce he prefers turning away and then at at then game time you realize well hes not doing that not enough time and its not a homerun derby its the real thing. So he uses the efficient version of his simplistic system in a game. one pitch is way other side of the catcher and yet he don't care he decided this one needs a ride and it gets one its at the end of clip . no need to break what he does hes just moving where to where he wants to hit it.
This is what lee is relating his teachings to...and why I'm getting this,, I had a baseball background, golf instruction in a whole confuses me. But he is really promoting right elbow stays back, as hands wrists go forward. Not elbow forward. All home run hitters do it...and I'm starting to do it. No wonder my speeds are topping out again. I truly feel like I'm playing ball again at 42..

all lł baseball swing here..except instead of horizontal plane( ball plane).. It is on the ground,,I just get narrow on backswing..than push wide on downswing..and slam it down. Feels so so so much like a baseball swing.. The width in the backswing just didn't do it for me, narrow does... I go narrow, wide..slam down..and step into it....the weight left already presets the stepping into it for me

maybe I need to practice this with a baseball bat..instead of a club?

Last edited:
I'm so confused by everything that's in this thread.....

I'm so confused by everything that's in this thread.....

Took me a while Phil...but lees stuff is a baseball motion. That is what he is promoting now. If you never played ball, it is confusing. But I'm getting it now. I load and unload it...I turn..on backswing ( load).. And I un load with with very little pivot and just slam down. So so a baseball feel for me. Next time, I might start chewing snuff again.. And bring out the old cleats

He he just posted this stuff and another site, and now I'm getting it
he has stuck by what he feels for 6 years...but thus speaks to me in volumes.. Be a homerun hitter... All other sports adapt to change, except golf.. All athletes strive to get stronger and better. I know this is working, my speeds are jumping off the charts..I'm adapting.

Last edited:

snowing,,I think I might pull the bats out and try this tonight. All speed and power now..I will control that white ball later.

[video=youtube_share;L-TQFua3A5U]http://youtu.be/L-TQFua3A5U[/video]

so want to copy this exactly to the letter.. Getting closer..doing best i can

I totally get what you are saying with the hands and the hips. I see that your hand speed is faster than the typical "PGA teachers" swing. This swing teaches faster hand speed. Faster hand speed than the "traditional" is of course going to produce a faster ball/club head speed in theory. What's interesting in your numbers on the previous page is that the club head speed is almost the same even with your faster hand speed vs the PGA swing. I have played with some ex baseball players that were all hand speed. They could generate a tone of speed from their hands. The problem was they couldn't control that hand speed with the golf club. I've also seen players with very little hand speed that had a great golf swing but lost power because they were all swing/arms and no speed at impact.

The one thing I'm not liking about you comparing Leecomotion to the traditional golf swing is saying that the traditional swing is being taught wrong. I think there is a lot right about the "PGA" swing. There are things from Leecomotion that us players can take and try to implement into our PGA swing (hand speed, hip acceleration) but to say the golf swing is being taught incorrectly by the PGA is misleading.

I totally get what you are saying with the hands and the hips. I see that your hand speed is faster than the typical "PGA teachers" swing. This swing teaches faster hand speed. Faster hand speed than the "traditional" is of course going to produce a faster ball/club head speed in theory. What's interesting in your numbers on the previous page is that the club head speed is almost the same even with your faster hand speed vs the PGA swing. I have played with some ex baseball players that were all hand speed. They could generate a tone of speed from their hands. The problem was they couldn't control that hand speed with the golf club. I've also seen players with very little hand speed that had a great golf swing but lost power because they were all swing/arms and no speed at impact.

The one thing I'm not liking about you comparing Leecomotion to the traditional golf swing is saying that the traditional swing is being taught wrong. I think there is a lot right about the "PGA" swing. There are things from Leecomotion that us players can take and try to implement into our PGA swing (hand speed, hip acceleration) but to say the golf swing is being taught incorrectly by the PGA is misleading.

I agree here. If you look at some of the stuff they are doing around the kinematic sequence and optimizing swing torque and efficiency including wrist and shaft torque, allot of the same actions are taught but after a hip or rotational based pull to start the swing. Reference Brian Manzella, golf wise guys, etc. In other words there is a point where rotation stops and you get a slow down of the butt of the club while the club head is accelerating. This is one of the phases they teach as a small portion of the total swing--On the other hand Leecomotion seems to be founded on that torque coming from the push slap with the right hand while stopping with the left hand. I would say they take it to a new extreme as Lee snaps shafts at the handle on occasion. I am not saying this is wrong or right--just different ways of delivering the club head faster. In other methods this tourque is a small portion where weight transfer, ground reaction force, and rotational pull add club head speed when sequenced as well.

My head is spinning.

I've been playing this goofy game for 33 years now.. But honestly, this is so so simple for me. Just to summarize all I do.. ( and no baseball grip here) .. My number 1 goal is where do I want the club to slam down..for me.. 3 inches ahead of the ball.. With the driver they call this a "air divot" ..Im using the loft of the club. All my shots are like a putt now, I'm not worrying about the target 250 yards down the fairway, I'm just focused on my slam spot. To help with this, I load behind my back and get narrow.. Than I just unload it on that spot. I can produce so so so much more speed now .. Feels very baseball swing to me..,I can go full out without a lot of worries. Sure I'm shut at the top..and I flip after impact... But that toe turn over ( slamming the door) push slap..is a huge speed producer. As of my last 3 practice sessions, predominant push draws..

please melt snow..

You're using lee's motion and not using a baseball grip? What's the thought behind that?

I have too much toe 1 st contact in my swing,,and always been my nemesis. Even though I've been a fader most of my life...getting used to a more push draw now.. ( weird shot for me). The baseball grip to me...IMO..creates the toe 1 st contact..which is fine for anyone, but for me...I need to tone my toe 1 st contact down. What I do, and again..this is just me. I open the face slightly before gripping..than I grip normally. Lets me slam down, swing aggressively without fear of excess toe turn over. Still doing as much lee motion as I can handle with my body and age. But for me, I use a normal interlock grip...for guys that need more toe 1 st contact..use the baseball split grip. At the beginning, I had a bigger pull / draw than I liked doing this the 1 st few days..but it was very very powerful..I just "smoothed " it out a bit

again..just me,,

hopefully last videos before season starts...whenever this will happen. Nice drivers today, not very long with the bad conditions..but I'm proving to myself that this is working just fine for me. Ball doesn't lie..I like hitting it where I aimed it..

Last edited:
This video looks to be the same swing of you as the very first video you posted. Just curious, are you using the thread to track some swing changes you are making or you happy with your swing right now?

When are you going to see Lee again and how much do you still work with him on your swing.

Still weird to hear someone comment on their "slams" with a golf swing. But if you are happy then that is what counts!

I would like to track how I'm doing with this. Im done filming..and Im not going to turn this into a swing catalog..but I would like to update my progress with my scores and handicap..when snow clears all score and playing the game. I want to see how my handicap turns out this year,,and how my tourney scores go. Im happy with the look..if their is such a thing as look. But I'm all about getting more speed and distance..I know I can do it with this. My hands feel so so fast thru the ball now. A great feeling to have after being so slow for a long time. Feels like night and day now with the speed I can put on the ball.

The good news is that THP has tons of great threads for that such as what did you shoot today, update your handicap, etc.

The good news is that THP has tons of great threads for that such as what did you shoot today, update your handicap, etc.

Cool ..I will do that jb.. You have a great handicap as well,,but being completely honest here.. Maybe my swing look didn't change, but the flight of the ball is so much lower and a compressed feeling. For anyone that is a good player, a change in ball flight and feel is huge strides to getting better

will check them out.thanks for,letting me know

Back