My Christmas shopping is DONE!

I got my girlfriend a really thoughtful gift... I made her a panda bear at build-a-bear, then weaved a ribbon bracelet (green, orange, and white) because I'm Irish and placed a sterling silver claddagh ring on the braclet. So, at first she'll think oh its a cute but thoughful stuffed animal but then see the ring... kind of a nice suprise

So this big strapping guy goes into Build-a-Bear...

Gummi, we clearly don't have the same daughter. I was going to say Polly Pockets or crafts, but that's Boo, and clearly not Twerpy.

So this big strapping guy goes into Build-a-Bear...

Gummi, we clearly don't have the same daughter. I was going to say Polly Pockets or crafts, but that's Boo, and clearly not Twerpy.

1.) I didn't dress the thing! No accessories, only my own homemade touch...
2.) I am a good listener, she mentioned how much she loved pandas... see we have to listen right?
3.) when I picked the thing out, I (A) refused to do any dance, (B) did not fill it myself
4.) ok, so I did make a birth cert for it (haha, loser OMG)
5.) I refused the box they usually pack it in, instead I threw in my Macy's bag, hence covering all evidence I was there in the first place

I made the trip as manly as possible... if that is even possible

DD,
Dont explain yourself. There is no need. It is a great gift. The people laughing about being a man are the same that never "find the right gift" or buy the vacuum, because she says she likes vacuuming. Creativity is key.

DD listen to JB, when it comes to being creative and picking out GREAT gifts, he is king.

I can't speak for all women but I can speak for myself and I think what you did is awesome!

1.) I didn't dress the thing! No accessories, only my own homemade touch...
2.) I am a good listener, she mentioned how much she loved pandas... see we have to listen right?
3.) when I picked the thing out, I (A) refused to do any dance, (B) did not fill it myself
4.) ok, so I did make a birth cert for it (haha, loser OMG)
5.) I refused the box they usually pack it in, instead I threw in my Macy's bag, hence covering all evidence I was there in the first place

I made the trip as manly as possible... if that is even possible

Dude, I dressed the thing, filled it, and packed it in the little house box thing (I can't remember about the birth certificate thing.) I also baked her cookies to go with it. And I have no problems with my manhood. (I was like a deer caught in headlights in the Build a Bear store, but I grabbed me a sales person and powered through it.)

Dude, I dressed the thing, filled it, and packed it in the little house box thing (I can't remember about the birth certificate thing.) I also baked her cookies to go with it. And I have no problems with my manhood. (I was like a deer caught in headlights in the Build a Bear store, but I grabbed me a sales person and powered through it.)

haha... I only made the birth cert because it reads

"RACHEL (THE NAME I GAVE IT, ALSO HER NAME), YOU HAVE BEEN STUFFED WITH LOVE BY DAN"

that's funny!

That is so wrong on so many levels!

How could I resist? Now that's a gift that hits every issue in one package!

haha... I only made the birth cert because it reads

"RACHEL (THE NAME I GAVE IT, ALSO HER NAME), YOU HAVE BEEN STUFFED WITH LOVE BY DAN"

that's funny!

I think that has to be the best line on the whole site. :alien2:

I do the shopping for the kids (adults actually). They are getting Calgary Flames pj's and a gift card for $200 for their local grocery store. Mom's always worry that their kids aren't eating right when they are on their own.

And, their "special" gift is a tiny little box with 4 tires I pulled off of a couple of toy cars with a note for them to check their bank account on Christmas morning. They both need tires for their cars, and doing it this way is better then shipping tires for 2 cars from North Vancouver to Calgary!! I know, I know, they're spoiled!

Mom & Dad get gift certificates for going out to dinner a couple of times....they love that. And, I can't tell you any more, because someone will see it, and shh :secret: it's a surprise :angel:

Why do I feel like someone is pointing a finger at me for being insensitive?

It is my belief that it could be genetic:

My Dad bought my Mom a shotgun for their first anniversary (Mom was an awesome trap shooter, and they shot together). A couple of years later, she wouldn't tell him what she wanted, so he bought her a trolling motor for the bass boat. She coughed up a list after that (he also got her a diamond pendant, that he gave her after her hysterics, but the reaction was worth the excitement). LOL

My wife is hard to buy for, she doesn't like gold, so any jewelry for her has to be either silver or platinum. Sometimes I'll build her stuff too, whether wood or metalworking. Different gadgets, garden tools and I built her a shed a few years ago. I built up her clubs too. Some of my ideas have been a flop: I bought her a bike, so we could ride as a family (it's collecting dust), I bought her a tennis racket, so we could play as a family (also collecting dust) She likes to scrapbook, but it goes in spurts, she'll be into it hot and heavy for a couple of months, then not touch it for most of a year.

All I can say is listen to those that you have to buy for. Two years ago my mom asked my dad for a couple of different things but she really only wanted one of them. She wanted a radio to go under the cabinets in the kitchen and she wanted a watch. What did he buy her? He bought her a battery charger for the car. The Black and Decker one that you plug into your cig. lighter. Boy was she hot that he didn't buy her a watch. Lucky for him my grandpa had bought her one so he was kind of off the hook.

My wife wanted a Past, Present, and Future ring two years ago. So I went out of my way to find it and get it. Does she wear it? Nope but atleast I got it for her so she can't complain that she didn't get it.

Okay, Dan and Harry, you both did great. I suppose; I'm so totally not the stuffed animal kind of girl.

But you got the listening part right. Nothing like a gift that says, "I have no clue who you are so I threw some money around at random."

Me too! Got organized early this year for a change. It's a good feeling. (smirk)

Im thinking of buying my girlfriend a 18V Milwaukee cordless super sawzall this year. I wonder how that would go over.

I love buying my girlfriend things! I am just old school like that, mom taught me well I guess

Back