My Cool Clubs built Apex 19s arrived

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got the email this morning saying my irons were out for delivery. I have been refreshing the follow my delivery website on UPS all morning. When the truck went past my house my heart dropped until I saw the driver get out with a long box and walk back toward my house.

In case you didn’t read my fitting post the setup is 5-AW Callaway Apex 19 with Nippon 850 GH shafts. Lie angles are .5% up over Callaway standards (62*) and 1/2” long at 38” 6iron.

The clubs were very well packed including socks on the iron heads.
CA5EB09E-BBA5-4780-A481-1521B882A098.jpeg
B148C87E-7FBB-46F2-A5E5-99B26BFE6862.jpeg

Everyone has seen these before but they look great. The AW looks good at address which was a bit of a concern for me (that is a picture of the 6i not the AW)
CA5EB09E-BBA5-4780-A481-1521B882A098.jpeg
B148C87E-7FBB-46F2-A5E5-99B26BFE6862.jpeg
02AE387B-C846-4A6B-9745-87BE3E94DCB0.jpeg
BF093CB2-FC96-4B4C-9396-5AEEA361C99D.jpeg
49E27075-9C72-485D-B0BD-1963B1D73E34.jpeg

I took a chance on the Lamkin Sonar Tour grips and they are just what I was looking for. My current irons have the Lamkin REL grips which I love and these have much the same feel:
3E3046B8-E411-4A24-BD45-69DEDA4347F7.jpeg

Unfortunately I have a full afternoon but I will definitely be at the range after work and trying to find a tee time early tomorrow morning.

free iron covers!!

Just booked a 6:42 tee time for 9 holes tomorrow morning. I may try to squeeze in a couple of extras if I have time.

You're gonna love that AW, plus the rest of them!

Love these irons!

Very nice looking congrats!

They look great, enjoy.

I have an iron fitting this Friday at a club champion. I’m hoping to be fit into Apex also. My dad has been fit at both Cool Clubs and Club Champion and he felt that cool clubs was much better.

These look great. I love my Apex 19's. You will not be disappointed.

I have an iron fitting this Friday at a club champion. I’m hoping to be fit into Apex also. My dad has been fit at both Cool Clubs and Club Champion and he felt that cool clubs was much better.

I went in thinking about a couple of other things either i210s or Mavrik Pros and the Apex came out as the clean winners. Go in with a complete open mind and let the fitter put you where he things you should be. I didn't wind up in the head or the shaft I thought I might.

That’s a good looking set. I hope they treat you well.

Unfortunately I need to bag on my tee time tomorrow morning because I had a call come up at 8 AM and I can't play and be back by then. I did however just get back from my first range session with them. There is a lot of good so far. The clubs look great at address, they frame the ball beautifully and feel great. I love the grips they were just what I was looking for. I was hitting the sweetspot consistently and the trajectory is higher than my Ping i200s. It is tough to tell on distance as the range plays down hill and range balls are mush. I hit a few knockdowns and was able to flight the ball down with no problem. Unfortunately the range is turf so I wasn't able to get a feel for the ball working through the ground.

I was tending to miss left with them. The clubs are 2.5 degrees more upright than my Pings and a 1/4" longer. It may just be an adjustment period. I did find if I set up a little right the ball was turning back towards the target. I do think I was tending to get the club a little shut at address in the beginning as well.

It was a promising start. I need to find some time on the course before Sunday morning.

I had my first round with the new irons and I think they are going to be good. I hit a stock 7 iron a par 3 that carried 155 yards and it was a bit into the wind which is 6-7 yards longer than my old irons. I did tend to miss left a bit with them which I need to figure out. They are 1/4” longer than my old irons and 2* more upright. I am going to play them a few more times but I could see having them flattened a bit. In the fitting we did check the lie angle by putting a magic marker line on the ball and seeing where it hit the clubface and it seemed good.

On another par 3 I hit 5 iron that carried at least 175 to the front of the green. That one was about 10 yards left of where I wanted also.

I am very happy with the way the AW looks. It sets up nice and I think it is going to work fine around the greens also when I need it.

I am thinking I am going to have some gapping issues in the wedge area but need to play some more to get really comfortable with my distances.

Congrats on the new sticks, glad you're enjoying them so far! Hopefully your transition will be quick and smooth, always need a bit of time to get used to new clubs and work out distances/gapping.

Great looking set of irons, hope you hit'em well!!! (y)

Back