My "custom" indoor putting green

Looks like the beginnings of an awesome set-up!

Subscribed for sure....That's gonna be an awesome addition and congrats on the new place!`

Looks intriguing, would be interested in seeing pics of the final product. ;)

So I only had about an hour this weekend to work on the project. I got all the plywood attached, but not prepped for the surface yet. Hopefully next week I'll get it prepped and surface attached!
1103c1e4ab41112f0e23cdc1c1e2fe3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This is going to be pretty sweet. (y)

So I only had about an hour this weekend to work on the project. I got all the plywood attached, but not prepped for the surface yet. Hopefully next week I'll get it prepped and surface attached!
1103c1e4ab41112f0e23cdc1c1e2fe3b.jpg

Are those 4'x8' plywood sheets? If yes, then the dimensions of your green are 12' x 8'? Or am I way off?

Nope you are correct. 12x8

Man! That's a big one! Living large, sir!

What are you using for the "turf." Just printed off some info on building one and am looking into options for what to use on top.

Thanks! Looks awesome so far.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this one progress!

Any idea on what it will stimp at when finished ? I know my buddy built one a few years back. He bought a surface that ran at a 9 in one direction (slower shaggier greens) and an 11 (faster firmer) in the other direction to mirror the courses Around where we live.

Do you Plan on putting objects underneath to give some breaks to putts ?

My fear with building my own green was getting used to its speed. They getting onto a course and my distance control/speed being off.

I often avoid course putting greens before teeing off cause I’ve found them to run inconsistent with the greens on the course.

The surface I have is a 10 on the stimp in any direction.

I plan on using small wood shims to add a break or uphill/downhill feel to it.

I'm not too concerned of getting used to the speed as it's a training aid. I'm going to focus more in making a good stroke rather than sinking as many putts as I can. This is more of a piece to give me my golf fix during the winter months here in PA.

Great project and should be fun to have in the space. Watching this for future updates.

Any updates pics? Really excited to see what this looks like?

Any updates pics? Really excited to see what this looks like?
Unfortunatly I haven't been able to work on it recently. Work has taken me out of town to baltimore the last month or so, so the weekends have been family time.
This week is my first week back home so I'll have some by next weekend!

Unfortunatly I haven't been able to work on it recently. Work has taken me out of town to baltimore the last month or so, so the weekends have been family time.
This week is my first week back home so I'll have some by next weekend!

Awesome dude. Thanks for showing us the process and journey. My basement isn’t high enough for full swings but I am definitely thinking I could mimic this surface for some extra practice!

What are you using for the surface of the green and where did you get it from?

Can't wait to see the updates.

Not much of an update, but finally got to do "some" work on the project today after work. I spackled the seams. I did not use any screws in any of the putting lines to hold down the plywood, so there was no need to spackle other than the joints where the boards meet.
b0dec9a7a8753ce6923ceb488d525e22.jpg

Awesome and congrats on an understanding better half!

Hoping to do a project like this in the future. Looks good so far!

I've been waiting for the next update. I want to copy this project for my kids and I to play putting games on

That is so good! Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing the finished article once you're done.

Back