My day at the course started with a wreck! Literally.

krispyk

Reaction score
Handicap
I had arrived early (7:40am) at the course but not quite in time to get ahead of a threesome. When they were on the first tee I hit the practice green to give them time to get out a ways. All of the sudden out at the road (about 1/4 mile away) I heard a short tire squeal followed by a very loud crashing sound and was sure someone had just had an accident but couldn't see the location through the trees. The Pro's wife was getting the carts out for the day and I commendered one from her and ran out to the road. I found 2 people had stopped to help already as there was a car laying on it's driver side, smashed all up, with debris all around the car. It was obvious the car had barrel rolled several times.

Bad thoughts came to mind as I approached the wreck seeing the roof was smashed and most of the windows as well but found the 2 guys were talking to the woman driver and amazingly she comes walking out of the busted out back window of the car. They got her to the one guys truck and sat her down. Before anyone screams about moving the victim, according to the 2 guys, the car appeared to them to be smoking when they arrived and they feared a fire. I saw none when I arrived though.

Either way she had a big goose egg on the side of her head and her on elbow hurt. I told her and the guys to keep her as still as possible and I ran back to the clubhouse and got ice to put on her head until the calvary arrived. The ambulance showed up and they did end up calling in a chopper that landed at the course and flew her out due to the head injury.

Last word I have received later this afternoon is they are running tests on her head because she was having memory issues. As for the crash she only remembers a tiny bit at this point.

Then I headed out on the course and it took me several holes to get my thoughts in order. I shot 45/43=88. Then went out for another go at the front nine and shot a 44. Had 9 pars on the day but just couldn't get a birdie to drop. Then thought about how lucky I am to be here to be making pars.

Please put this woman in your thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

No cause is known as of yet and she doesn't remember most of the accident as of yet so don't throw her under the "probably on the phone" bus just yet.

Glad it wasn't you and happy that everyone will be okay.

Wow that is crazy. I hope she recovers.

Wow....glad she survived.

What a way to start your day. Happy it wasn't you.

also nice round of golf after all that

I had witnessed a horrifying accident many years ago involving a city bus and sports car with 4 occupants and the images are still burned in my mind forever. I could barely drive home afterwards. What accidents can do to crumble pieces of steel and metals you can only imagine what I saw of those involved. My prayers are with this person.

Last edited:
What a way to start your day. Happy it wasn't you.

also nice round of golf after all that
Thanks emart, and that was with 7 three putts for the 88 but 3 were in the first 4 holes that I attribute to the crazy morning.

I had witnessed a horrifying accident many years ago involving a city bus and sports cat with 4 occupants and the images are still burned in my mind forever. I could barely drive home afterwards. What accidents can do to crumble pieces of steel and metals you can only imagine what I saw of those involved. My prayers are with this person.

I was fearing the worst and was so relieved it wasn't. And thank you.

Way to help out Krispy! And so glad that it wasn't worse. Really puts things in perspective.....

There is so much luck and timing in life that some ppl just don't realize. I have helped 2 ppl. From awful crashes this year & could've easily been mine. On my way to Texas Am ( I had first tee time) I ran right through a 4 way stop going 55 . The car that was turning left thankfully was paying attention & didn't whack me. Instead, the course whacked me but that was much better of the 2 . Prayers for the lady for sure

That's a rough start to a day. Here's hoping everyone involved comes through ok.

Wow that is crazy,hope she has a speedy recovery. I witnessed something like that a few months back it was tough to see.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Wow I hope she is okay. Wishing her the a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just in case no one else says it Dave.....Thank You!....from a past fire chief

Been there, this is my car after I was "pitted" by a pizza delivery girl. Was just going out for a quick burrito.

Yep good work Dave. She's lucky and even luckier with you guys there to help.

I had witnessed a horrifying accident many years ago involving a city bus and sports car with 4 occupants and the images are still burned in my mind forever. I could barely drive home afterwards. What accidents can do to crumble pieces of steel and metals you can only imagine what I saw of those involved. My prayers are with this person.

This is so true.

When I was in college, I was a witness to a car accident in which 2 people lost their lives. That was 40 years ago and I can still hear the sounds replay in my mind. I hope the woman makes a full recovery.

Back