My Day of Driver Testing: R1, Stage 2, Amp Cell, XHot

That was a fun read. Congrats on the blue bomber. Can't wait to see how it goes out on the course.

Great read man. Sounds like you found a great pairing. You got a wonderful woman there as well, mine is coming around but I don't think she would ever let me do this! Haha.

Awesome write up man!! Welcome to team #gotime hahaha. I can't wait to hear how you pound that thing on the course!

That's awesome, nice new driver dude!

Nice write up. Sounds like you found the right driver...and wife!

You can't argue with the distance and dispersion of the amp cell you were seeing. I imagine you are going to be hitting a lot of fairways and par 5s in two with it. Thanks for the write-up.

Very good write up! And I have to go hit one! Congrats!

Thanks for all of the great feedback! My goal was to provide a bit more personalized/emotional testing thread. I know how passionate we all are about the game and our equipment, so I'm sure everyone is able to relate to some degree!

Thanks for all of the great feedback! My goal was to provide a bit more personalized/emotional testing thread. I know how passionate we all are about the game and our equipment, so I'm sure everyone is able to relate to some degree!

Absolutely. I like how personal your writing is also. It was a very enjoyable piece!

Great read, nice to see a positive review for the Amp Cell, the only other 2 experiences I've read about had the R1 coming out on top.

Great write up, love how your dog got in on the action checking out the new AMP in the pic. You have inspired me as the only driver I didn't hit the other day was the AMP... Heading to golf Town now!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Great writeup covering the whole experience, well written, Congrats on the New amp cell

Great read buddy. After watching you smash that AMP Cell in Atlantic City I had a good feeling that it was going to be the driver for you. Glad you were able to get and and compare them all side by side.

Now when I get mine during the year you will teach me how to smash it like you right?

Good read.. best of luck with the new Amp Cell.

Great read buddy. After watching you smash that AMP Cell in Atlantic City I had a good feeling that it was going to be the driver for you. Glad you were able to get and and compare them all side by side.

Now when I get mine during the year you will teach me how to smash it like you right?

It would be an honor, and just for your advice, I am announcing my official support of Team DotCom in Morgan Cup 2013!

It would be an honor, and just for your advice, I am announcing my official support of Team DotCom in Morgan Cup 2013!

War eagle, time to lock up this thread lol

Thanks man. Knew I was going to love this thread when I opened it this morning!

Great write up.
Congratulations on the new Cobra driver,
I can't wait to see if Amp will knock my ZLe out of the bag.

What a great experience! I'm glad you found the right driver for you. I am happy for you and very jealous of your ss.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I'm taking a ride to Golf Galaxy today and will be hitting a few of these. I might jump into this thread to compare. Not sure how many I'm going to hit, but the AMP cell is number one.

Good info!!! I would never even think to try anything Cobra...but based on this posting I think I will!!!! My first real driver purchase was the Taylormade Superfast 2.0..problem was it was too fast where even the stock stiff shaft was still whip-like and I was hooking it severely right....I replaced the stock shaft with a heavier stiff shaft with less torque and added lead tape to the bottom of the driver head to add some staying power with weight. I've been hitting it straight for about 285-295 yard distance...but it still doesn't feel right. Maybe Cobra AMP cell could be the answer!!!!!

Thanks for the write up. I love my AMP and was hoping I would see some of you long hitters give a nod to the AMP Cell over the other offerings. BTW, you picked the best color too. Between the wife and your new driver I might have you pick a couple stocks for me. :)

Great write-up! It is killing me that the Amp Cell isn't available here yet...I don't know what the hold up is. A lot of people are loving this driver and FW!

Good info!!! I would never even think to try anything Cobra...but based on this posting I think I will!!!! My first real driver purchase was the Taylormade Superfast 2.0..problem was it was too fast where even the stock stiff shaft was still whip-like and I was hooking it severely right....I replaced the stock shaft with a heavier stiff shaft with less torque and added lead tape to the bottom of the driver head to add some staying power with weight. I've been hitting it straight for about 285-295 yard distance...but it still doesn't feel right. Maybe Cobra AMP cell could be the answer!!!!!

I know how you feel. This is my first non-taylormade driver since 2001! They always just fit me best. I was excited to find something that works better than my game! Doesn't mean the TaylorMade offerings are bad, but it does tell me that Cobra has stepped their game up and something else finally fits my game!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I want to try the amp cell with a stiff shaft loved it in October with the regular

Back