My First Experience with Dick's

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
So they just opened the first Dicks Sporting Goods by my house a couple of weeks ago. I ventured in to see what all of the hype was about. I was not too impressed with their golf section, but it seemed to be in line with the other big sporting good stores around here. I did notice they are a couple of bucks cheaper on balls compared to other stores, is this normal. Funny thing, Dicks took over the sporting good chain Chicks that we had out here.

Dick's caters to the average golfer.Nothing too fancy.I feel their stores are far better then Sports Athority,Big 5 and Sports Chalet.

If you require the better stuff,Golfsmith,Golf Galaxy or you smaller shops will be the place to go.

Dick's caters to the average golfer.Nothing too fancy.I feel their stores are far better then Sports Athority,Big 5 and Sports Chalet.

Definitely better than those three. Sports Chalet used to have a better golf section but they have slimmed it down, heck they got rid of all of the golf stuff at the one by me.

Their golf ball prices are quite good. And they always have great deals on last years close out stuff.

Their golf ball prices are quite good. And they always have great deals on last years close out stuff.

I always like closeouts on inventory. Chicks, the store they took over for used to have the biggest blow out sales, I think a lot of people are going to miss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't reply Harry....

I deleted my comment and removed it from where it was quoted

Don't care for the store myself, their prices aren't all that good & usually it's the crummy Slazenger balls or similar type pond balls that are on sale.

Back