My GolfTec journey

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
Well this coming Saturday at 2:30 pm my journey and quest for three goals begins...

I am fortunate enough to live close enough to the GolfTech where our resident pro Josh works that I was able to sign up for an evaluation and lessons with Josh. I have already talked with him on the phone and I am really stoked to start this process of fixing me with GolfTec and Josh. Not to put any pressure on Josh...haha...

A little about me and my current dilema. In the past year to year and a half my handicap has gone from 17 to almost a 24. As much as I love this game it has become really frustrating and, as much as I hate to say it, no longer any fun. So it is time to get off my duff and get to work and see what I need to do to fix myself and my swing.

My clubs and ball are all fitted so I know my issues are strictly with me, no excuses and no blame for anyone, or anything but me. I have already bought two range passes to my home course and have told my regular golfing buddies that I won't be in any tournaments this year. This is a rebuild year and I am dedicated to that with my goals in mind.

So I will lay it all out on here as I go through this process. The ups and downs, failures and successes. So sit back, relax, and bear with me as I rant and rave, and jump up and down and hollar for joy as I go through this process.

Oh by the way my three goals
1. Have fun on the course again
2. A lower handicap
3. And who knows maybe a Morgan Cup apperance on day

I am really looking forward to this and sharing it with all of you.

Good luck Royal! Can't wait to hear back from you after you get in some work with Josh.

good luck golftec really has been great for me so far.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I was considering checking out golftec and getting an evaluation and some swing lessons.

Dude, that's awesome and it's great that you share your trials and tribulations with us. I'm personally excited to follow your progress as I consider you a friend. I hope you find joy in golf more than anything my friend!

Make sure to keep us posted buddy.

Looking forward to a follow up to find out how things turned out.

Wulff, I can't wait to hear how this goes buddy. Sounds like you have the right teacher for the job, I expect your game will really kick in gear this year. Good luck, I'll be following along!

This is great royalwuff! I love the golftec approach and I'm betting you'll cut your handicap at least to half this year!

Good Luck RW, can't wait to see what Josh has in store for you!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I am really looking forward to this and getting to meet Josh.

This will the best golf thing you ever bought. Ive said it before and I'll say it again Ive never once regretted taking lessons but have always regretted waiting so long when I start struggling. Good luck with the lessons and stick with it.

I predict that you'll be very happy you did this, RW. Good luck and I'm looking forward to following along!

Great time of the year to start working on your game, good luck with the lessons.

Good luck on your journey! As others have mentioned, it's a great time of year to work on your swing. I'm undertaking it myself and for me progress is slow but I can already see results.

Well I will be leaving for Denver here in a couple of hours for my eval and maybe first lesson. I will update this thread either tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I get home in time to watch the Bronco game.

Well had my eval with Josh and GolfTec today and well lets say i got some work ahead of me.

Before i go anyfurther i want to say Thanks to Josh. As ugly as my swing is he broke it all down put it in perspective and didn't make me feel like someone who has never picked up a club.

Now like I said just a little bit ago man oh man my swing is UGLY!!!! I have never seen my swing on video before and man was it a humbling, eyeopening experience. It seems like you could mention a flaw and i was probably doing it...haha... I have alot to work on in the coming months and Josh has his work cut out for him. My swing video and stills should be up tomorrow so when it goes up i will put them up here and let you see just how ugly my swing has become.

I will say that working with Josh in person was great, he made thing easy to understand, explained why we were going to be working on the things we are going to work on, and how it will build on the previous lesson. Thanks to Josh, even though i know I have a ton of things to work on I left feeling good about this process. Now that I know what is wrong and am taking the first steps to fix it, I am already excited about golf again!

Well had my eval with Josh and GolfTec today and well lets say i got some work ahead of me.

Before i go anyfurther i want to say Thanks to Josh. As ugly as my swing is he broke it all down put it in perspective and didn't make me feel like someone who has never picked up a club.

Now like I said just a little bit ago man oh man my swing is UGLY!!!! I have never seen my swing on video before and man was it a humbling, eyeopening experience. It seems like you could mention a flaw and i was probably doing it...haha... I have alot to work on in the coming months and Josh has his work cut out for him. My swing video and stills should be up tomorrow so when it goes up i will put them up here and let you see just how ugly my swing has become.

I will say that working with Josh in person was great, he made thing easy to understand, explained why we were going to be working on the things we are going to work on, and how it will build on the previous lesson. Thanks to Josh, even though i know I have a ton of things to work on I left feeling good about this process. Now that I know what is wrong and am taking the first steps to fix it, I am already excited about golf again!

Nice RW! Isn't it humbling when you see yourself swing for the first time? My evaluation video was absolutely horrifying. I'm not sure I'll ever have the guts to post mine on here. But it was also motivating as it made it obvious there was a lot of room for improvement. Keep it up, look forward to seeing what you're working on.

Ok everyone put down your beers, hide your children, and prepare to laugh your backside off...here is my before swing video. Now that you have been warned any fluids spit onto keyboards or moniters is soley your responsibility...haha

If you click on the image it will play in photobucket. As you can see it is ugly and you were warned. I have already been on the range today working on some of the drill that Josh has given me. I will post more here in a bit as soo as I can figure out what to post to keep it from being to long of a post.

RW, I'm envious of you because you've take the initiative to contact GolfTec. If you keep this drive up you'll see big time improvement in no time!

Tap before talk.

Thanks WM I appreciate that!

Ok so here are some notes that Josh made for me to be working on between now and my next lesson in a few weeks.
Jan 14, 2012 2:35 PM
Josh Miller
Set-up
1. Closer to the ball
2. Weight on the toes (straighter knees then lean in)
3. Relaxed arms, right elbow closer to the body

Swing
1. Left knee doesn't get to move
2. Feel like the right knee maintains the flex
3. Practice at partial speed throughout the swing (even paced) and pause at the top swings

Here are a few drills he gave me to work on
1. Put a ball between the knees (no jokes now) to keep my left knee from collapsing in so bad.
2. Set up with the back of a chair in front of my hips and swing a club to restrict my hip turn.
3. bring the club back on a shallower swing plane, or closer to my shouders than my head.

There are a couple of others but they are kinda hard to explain. Josh told that that 5 to ten minutes a day per drill with the in home stuff and then a couple of times per week on the range would, if done correctly, would show benefits before my next lesson.

Looks like you are your way! I keep telling myself that I should head over to GolfTec but ... I might break the camera.

comjerseyscom

comjerseyscom

Ryan Harris Back on Board with the Broncos
Free agent offensive lineman Ryan Harris has re-signed with the Denver Broncos, Lindsay Jones of The Denver Post reports.
The Denver Broncos, who are preparing to face the Pittsburgh Steelers in a wild-card game this weekend, lost guard Chris Kuper to a broken leg in Sunday's loss to the Chiefs. Kuper was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
A 2007 third-round pick out of Notre Dame by the, Harris started 34 games over the 2008-10 seasons before. Harris went to training camp in 2011 with the , but was waived with an injury settlement in early September.
Harris had workouts and visits with the Minnesota Vikings and during the season, and met with the Denver Broncos on December 28.
Harris was drafted by the Broncos in 2007 and became a starter the following year. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles, but he hurt his back last summer and reached an injury settlement with the team.
The 6-foot-5, 300-pound Harris will take the roster spot of right guard Chris Kuper, who suffered a dislocated left ankle during Sunday’s 7-3 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Saints rule Moore, Casillas out vs. Lions
New Orleans Saints Moore pulled the hamstring in practice two weeks ago after missing time with a previous hamstring injury in mid-November. Our expectation is that he will be held out of Saturday night's game versus the He is not expected to be available for Saturday's Wild Card tilt with the Lions, but with so much on the line, it's possible he could be cleared if he makes even minimal progress the next two days. If Moore can't go, Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson will both be in for bigger roles against Although Duncan concedes that it's a "strictly a guess," he twice voiced skepticism when answering Twitter questions about Moore's availability for Saturday's night game versus the Lions. It's time to drop Moore down fantasy playoffs rankings while bumping Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson.
While The Lions have not ruled out any player on Friday's final injury report, but did list safety Chris Harris as doubtful with a sore back.
Casillas, a regular in the linebacker rotation who started last Sunday, aggravated a right knee injury that had sidelined him for the three previous games.

comjerseyscom

comjerseyscom

Leino may play Saturday
Ville Leino (foot) might have been overly optimistic when he mentioned the possibility of returning Saturday, according to Sabres coach Lindy Ruff.
The good news is Ruff does think Leino will return next week. Leino has three goals and 10 points in 29 games this season
Ville Leino wants to improve his conditioning before returning to the ' lineup.
Leino, who has been sidelined since mid-December while recovering from a broken foot, was hoping to play Saturday after participating in two practices this week. ?However, he now believes he may need a few more scrimmages under his belt before he returns to action. "There's no pain in the foot, so I'm getting close," said. "I would say a couple games here, maybe Saturday, maybe Tuesday. ... I want to get a little more conditioning going, a little more skating going so I'll feel more comfortable when the game comes." Put Leino on your fantasy radar for the week of January 9th.
Ville Leino, who skated for the first time since he broke his foot on December 13th in the morning skate Tuesday, indicated he may play this Saturday. ?
Although that is a very optimistic statement by the Finnish winger, it does show how quickly he will progress now that he is back on skates. Get ready to activate him in the next 4-7 days

I've seen worse swings, Wulff, in my regular foursome. The right elbow did fly a little in the backswing. I have to watch that myself or I'll come over the top and pull everything left. Looks like Josh has set you up with some good drills. Don't know about that golfball between the kness, though, and don't get too much onto the toes. Balance is the key. Keep working and you'll blow by the majority of us!

Back