My head flew off but now its repaired

armidwestgolf

Reaction score
My callaway 24 degree head flew off because it hit under the ball. They took off the steel shaft and put in a x stiff shaft. I asked for double tape thinking that would give a thick grip but it did not, and i dont know how to do that. I also got it extended to 44 inches or something. i got it back, I think the shaft is called kuro kage. I like it hits the ball much further and consistent than before.

Please god tell me that you’re not grinding the clubs under a belt sander or banging them into large rocks, or running them over with a tractor?

If you are, we’ve seen this dance once before, 😂.

My callaway 24 degree head flew off because it hit under the ball. They took off the steel shaft and put in a x stiff shaft. I asked for double tape thinking that would give a thick grip but it did not, and i dont know how to do that. I also got it extended to 44 inches or something. i got it back, I think the shaft is called kuro kage. I like it hits the ball much further and consistent than before.
What type of grip did you have installed? Perhaps there is a thicker one so you don’t need as many layers of build-up tape underneath.

44” is a pretty long hybrid! Glad you like the resulting ball flight from the new shaft.

The fitter said try a thicker grip... o_O I had seen someone with blue golf pride super thick grips, our teams best player. They felt real great.

SMITER: what had happened was.... i was at an indoor range, i missed the ball or it sort popped up in the air and fell down 60 yards out, but the club head flew off 30 yards out. Did it hit the machinery? When the club flies off i dont even know what caused it

The fitter said try a thicker grip... o_O I had seen someone with blue golf pride super thick grips, our teams best player. They felt real great.

SMITER: what had happened was.... i was at an indoor range, i missed the ball or it sort popped up in the air and fell down 60 yards out, but the club head flew off 30 yards out. Did it hit the machinery? When the club flies off i dont even know what caused it

I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing at another member whom “allegedly” had similar experiences. My first absolute shaft fail, I’m not talking breaking one on my back in long drive but clean contact and “poof”. On hole two I hit it and it felt weird. Kind of crunchy?

Result was good. Didn’t think much more of it.

Hole three I felt the head give way right prior to at the ball resulting in each one ending up about 100 yards down the hole. I wasn’t sure the ruling on that so just played it as I could hit a 3w cloesish to the green.

That was a Kuro Kage too.

I also had this sad droopy on with an Evenflow blue, again three strikes (and not mishits) into its life too.

CD88252C-2042-47A8-8FED-99A4164DC3E4.jpeg

Again on ball two I felt it “creak” a little. This was a brand new club and shaft. It was my second and third swings. I might have got into the 110-115 range but likely lower. The older I’ve got the more I start a little slower and see what the back and rest of body will take.

ok. i know this can happen on good shots. the last club i broke wa s a driver. i also lost a putter head just messing around.
LETS SEE SOME BROKEN GOLF CLUBS

A 44" extra stiff hybrid shaft is a powerful weapon!

Back