My Idea For a Fun Tournament

NEhomer

Reaction score
Handicap
It's the TEE IT UP! Tournament.

Peg the ball anywhere through the green. Bomb a drive and then put it on a peg and hammer your driver again. Tee it in the rough, the sand trap, anywhere on the golf course.

I know it's not real golf but neither is a scramble. Anyway, I think it would be a hoot to try. Several formats would work but the idea is pretty basic.

So you mean when I duff my tee shot and it rolls to the red tee box I can tee it up from there? :p:p:p

So you mean when I duff my tee shot and it rolls to the red tee box I can tee it up from there? :p:p:p

Sure but I think you still have to play the shot with your johnson hanging out. LOL! That was the rule for a buddy of mine years ago for any shot played behind the ladies tees.

I've saw guys place the ball so fluffed they can hit driver off the deck with no tee.

That could be a fun light hearted event. Our group of guys is debating doing something light hearted like this once a month or so.

I'd play in that tournament. Alternate/goofy formats are fun once in a while.

That could be a fun light hearted event. Our group of guys is debating doing something light hearted like this once a month or so.

If you use the idea I'd love to hear how it goes.

Sounds like a great idea for a fun event. I would suggest doing this for a Iron Man where you play the longest of tees at your course.

I'll give it a float, see how it goes. Is teeing mandatory? I kinda think it be funny to see people putt off a tee.

Great...I would think the tee would be optional but for fun I might pop a gimme putt off the tee!

I'll give it a float, see how it goes. Is teeing mandatory? I kinda think it be funny to see people putt off a tee.
Oh God no!! You would have people put alignment lines on their tee and take 2 minutes lining up the tee and then same with the ball! 😱
🤣🤣🤣

I like that idea, use a tee whenever you want

Sounds like fun... but I'm not playing by the "let it hang out if you don't make it past the ladies' tees". Nope. Not at all

Ah, Patrick Reed golf...

One of the funnest things we ever did was just before or just after a hurricane in Orlando, FL back in the early 80's. We had the whole course (Rio Pinar) to ourselves and played it backwards. We started at the putting green and played back to the 18th green; from there we would tee off from the 18th tee box and play back to the 17th green and so on.

It made for a lot of interesting shots with sky-high wedges over trees, or chipping through the trees just so we could get a look at the green we were trying to get to. We did 18 holes this way and it was FUN! I'd love to do a tournament this way!

Back