Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
I played in my last ever high school golf match yesterday. My team qualified to play in our regional tournament at Pine Island Country Club in Charlotte, NC yesterday. Unfortunately my team didn't play the best, but my friend and I were in contention to qualify for the state tournament until the last 2 holes. The cutoff was 75 and 4 golfers tied and had to go to a playoff. I was 4 over with 2 left, which is a 75 here due to the course being a par 71, and choked unfortunately making a double bogey on 17 and a bogey on 18. :banghead: I ended up shooting a 78, it was a great experience and a great course as well. A little sad high school golf is over, but golf is the sport of a lifetime and I look forward to many many more outings in the future.

No matter what happened, your right, you can play golf for the rest of your life. And it sounds like you still did pretty good. I had a similar experience several years ago in High School, sectionals were at a course that I always played horrible at, and I did that day too. I was No. 2 on the team, and I shot the worst score on the team. We missed qualifying for regionals by 2 strokes, and I probably shot 15-20 strokes over my average.

Such is life. It made me mentally tougher, and now when I play that same course, I get great scores. If only we could go back in time.

No matter what happened, your right, you can play golf for the rest of your life. And it sounds like you still did pretty good. I had a similar experience several years ago in High School, sectionals were at a course that I always played horrible at, and I did that day too. I was No. 2 on the team, and I shot the worst score on the team. We missed qualifying for regionals by 2 strokes, and I probably shot 15-20 strokes over my average.

Such is life. It made me mentally tougher, and now when I play that same course, I get great scores. If only we could go back in time.

Agreed! I've thought many times already about the 2 or 3 shots that could have made the difference in the round, but you can't live in the past right haha :D

I know how you feel. Last year I finished my last high school competitiveness with a bang as we won the provincial leauge championship. So it didn't feel as bad to end. Now for the competitiveness I just rely on junior tournaments and amateurs.

Probably feels worse ending how you did. It's not like your golf career is over though.

I know how you feel. Last year I finished my last high school competitiveness with a bang as we won the provincial leauge championship. So it didn't feel as bad to end. Now for the competitiveness I just rely on junior tournaments and amateurs.

Probably feels worse ending how you did. It's not like your golf career is over though.

Very true. I have some tournaments lined up already haha :D

Back