My Morgan Cup Callaway Fitting

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
I know some of the guys have already posted about there Morgan Cup Fittings but i taught i would start a new thread for all the new member that may not have seen the other threads.

Being part of The Morgan Cup 2.0 is an honor for me and an even bigger privilege to be selected as a Callaway staffer. Since i have been playing golf i have been a lover of all things Callaway.

Not many members will remember that Jb reffered to me as "Our Irish entry" on the evening of the viewing party but I do and with that being said being part of TMC 2.0 has presented some of its own problems like shipping, club fitting and even travel arrangements. But being fitted for my Callaway clubs with the help of my tour rep has been seamless so far. There are no Callaway Performance Centers here in Ireland so I had to be a part of a Demo day.

The Callaway Rep Ronan Collins very kindly offered to come in an hour early to fit me for my clubs. Ronan used to work at a local golf store before being hired by Callaway to be the rep for Ireland and Britain. He has fit me for previous drivers, f/woods and irons. A very professional member of the Callaway team and all round nice guy.

Now onto the club:

Driver - Razr Fit 9.5 with the Fujikura Blur 004 in stiff and a draw bias. We played around with a few different shafts to get my spin down. This shaft get me the following numbers of 272 carry 288 total, launch angle of 12.6 and spin of between 2450 -2750. This driver is mind blowingly good.

F/Woods - Razr X Black with a standard stiff shaft, Ronan felt the Razr Fit f/w wasn't giving me the launch angle needed to be hitting woods from the fairways. My best with the RXB 3w was 246 total with a slight fade which Ronan said i could straighten out with some work on my ball position. He was also happy with me not needing to hit the RXB 5w but selected it with the standard stiff shaft.

Irons - I had my eyes on either the Razr X Blacks or the Razr X Tours. Ronan had me hit a few shots with my own 6i the X-22 tour with PX 5.5 flighted shaft avg distance 156 yards, when i was finished he handed me the RXB with a uniflex shaft .......I was in love as soon as i got my hands on it. The black is amazing at address and sets up really well. My avg distance was 182-188 with my groupings being very close together. Ronan said the RXT wouldn't give me the same results for my swing speeds of 80-84mph. So I was sold at that.

Putters - I was fitted for the Odyssey Metal X 2 ball 34inch putter. But we are yet to find out what range of putters will be available to us.

Sorry guys I know this is a (very) long post.

Kelly

I love reading about everyone's fitting experiences. Nice write up Davo!

Sent from my forged iPad

Some great results there !!!! It wasn't long at all. Glad you got your fit on.

Good info. Sounds like you are going to be very comfortable with your bag and are seeing some good distance #'s.

Excellent choices Kelly, I'm glad you were able to get this done. Talk about a huge jump in your 6 iron distances too, wow!

Nice write up, it wasn't long at all! That's some impressive distance gains on the irons. Just shows ya how important proper equipment is. Enjoy them!

Dude, it is awesome that you were able to get that professional fitting by a Callaway guy. I am really happy that you were able to get that experience too.

NICE!!! you got your fit on,,, now its time to get your golf on in the MOrgan Cup...GOOD LUCK and thanks for the post...

Great post Kelly, awesome that you were fit by a guy you already know. Good luck with those great choices.

Wow that jump in 6 iron distance will be a HUGE game changer! Amazing what fitting will do for your game! Great post!

Very cool DHJ. Those driver and iron numbers are crazy good if you ask me. Talk about a big jump in yardage just changing between those 6 irons.

Love those numbers Kelly! Thanks for posting your experience!

Congrats on having a great fitting! I know you have to be excited.

The RXB FW's do launch much higher than the Fit FW's from what I see in my bay. Glad to hear about your experience!

David - very cool of him to get you in an hour early and taken care of!! I am glad you had this opportunity buddy, that driver is LONG!

Holy carp at the increase between your X22's and the RXB's! Thanks for sharing a bit of your experience with us man, that was eye opening.

That's awesome Kelly! I can't wait to see the Razr X Black Fairways, they're awesome looking clubs! Great choices across the board dude!

Thanks guys. Ronan said the difference between the irons would have been due to not having a proper warm up the px wouldn't suit my slower swing speeds and would take 6 holes for my swing speeds to reach optimum levels, whereas the uniflex would work better for me at the start of a round and the end of a round. The unified works between 70-95 mph but the px 5.5 is better from 85-100 mph.

I also forgot to say I was fitted for a Razr X 3 hybrid with a standard stiff shaft. Romana was very happy with how I was hitting it with avg distance 208-213

Nice job Irish entry! :clown:

Kelly, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great fitting. That's good distance on your driver. And too long a post? Don't worry about that man. I wouldn't care if you went on and on.

When the post are this good it can be as long as you like. I like the allowances callaway is making.

Congrats Kelly! Wow you sure are a long knocker. How did the Metal X feel?

Wow that is awesome! I love reading about the MC 2.0 fittings! What a great experience all of you guys are having.

Congrats Kelly! Wow you sure are a long knocker. How did the Metal X feel?

Haha thanks Capt, Ronan also told me that I could expect a 10% increase in my numbers given the climate change between Ireland and Myrtle Beach. So dialling in all my club will be something I will be working on at the range on the Thursday.

I really do hope we are given the Metal X's because they role so sweet its not even funny. We spoke for a few mins about insert tecnoligy and I asked would i be better off going for the White Ice range as there insert is softer thus helping with the faster green speeds. Ronan felt that because I have been using the Odyssey DFX 2 ball for about 6 years that I would adjust better using the Metal X as it is the closest to my own putter and that changing to the White Ice for the sake of TMC may hinder my game when I return home to slower greens. In short it would be better to practice like crazy with the Metal X on fast green rather than change to White Ice.

I could sit here all day and talk about how cool today was, what I have learned about shafts today has been a real eye opener. My fitting today is a testament as to the professionalism of Callaway staff worldwide and I can honestly say I couldn't be any happier.

From the bottom of my heart thank you very much THP and all the members that make it possible for me to be apart of such an amazing opportunity

Great fitting story buddy, sounds like you had a great time! I love seeing all of the MC'ers choices.

I love reading about everyone's fitting experiences. Nice write up Davo!

Sent from my forged iPad

Agree'd. Just the experiences everyone have had are exciting to hear about.

Back