Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
So, I thought I'd give this a try...Its alwasys nice to have extra incoming coming in regardless and this can be my golf money :D

I've been a huge fan of Cookie Lee jewelry for about 8 years now and since I buy so much of it, why not try and sell it? So we'll see. I've passed out my catalogs and everything and even created my own labels to put on the catalogs with my contact information, etc.

So far, just 1 order but I just signed up over the weekend. So I thought I'd give it a year and if it doesn't do well, no obligations and just oh well :good:

Does anyone sell things on the side (Avon, Amway, etc)?

Good for you! It's great to see an entrepeneur in our midst. Best of luck.

Jewelry parties have become popular here. I've been to a few recently. From what I've seen - the open house ones on a weekend afternoon seem to work best - especially the ones with good food and a lot of alcohol. People are relaxed and in the mood to buy more.

Good luck GC.

This should actually be interesting because I'm not the "put yourself out there" type of person! So far, I've just been going through contacts and referrals and keeping my fingers crossed :D

I figure, this will be a good way to make golfing money :bananadance:

This is harder than I thought. I have people interested, but they don't want to buy anything :( I found 2 great venues for leaving my information and catalogs (the hair salon and the spa) :clapp: People have been taking my catalogs, but no orders yet...patience is a virtue!!

good luck there GC

Would....uhhh....anyone....like to buy any jewelry?!?!?! :confused2:

Host a jewelry party at your home or get a friend to do it for you. I've gone to a few parties and everyone knows you have to buy something at these parties - unspoken rule. That will boost your sales.

good luck GC!

I'm going to see if my friend who just bought a new house would like to have one. It'd be a mix between a house warming and a jewelry party....she's my friend, she can't say no....I hope??? hmmm..... *fingers crossed*

So is $1k in sales too high of a goal for the end of February? :confused2: I just need $923 left!! WHOOHOO!!!

How much is the MR. T starter kit?

Re: My New Adventure

My sister in law sold cookie lee and did rather well. When my brother and his wife moved to Arizona she quit her job (teacher) to take care of their two girls. After a while they were looking for a little extra income to be used for family vacations etc and cookie lee was her choice.

I think the key is finding a group of people you know well and start pimping them out haha. My nieces were both taking dance classes so the other parents were perfect victims I mean customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get discouraged. Sales is a numbers game. The hard part to deal with is the ratio of rejection to success. I always told newbie salespeople that if the average was 10 calls to make one sale, you had to look at the rejections as 1/10th of the way to your next success. Every failure brings you closer to the sale. Like playing golf, learning how to persuade people requires practice and the ability to learn from your mistakes and continue forward. Keep going, you can succeed.

Go gettem' Golf Chick!

Thanks everyone, will keep you posted!!

I went to my first team meeting last night. WOW!!! What a bunch of wild and crazy women, when you put about 50 of them in a room together. It was so much fun and I learned a lot and got some great tips, so let's see if I can put them to use :)

But it was over at The Old Spaghetti Factory, they had raffles and a 50/50 which was at $71, I didn't win :( But that's ok, I got to meet new people and steal share ideas!!

This is much harder than I thought it would be!! :dohanim:

I went to my first team meeting last night. WOW!!! What a bunch of wild and crazy women, when you put about 50 of them in a room together. It was so much fun and I learned a lot and got some great tips, so let's see if I can put them to use :)

But it was over at The Old Spaghetti Factory, they had raffles and a 50/50 which was at $71, I didn't win :( But that's ok, I got to meet new people and steal share ideas!!

This is much harder than I thought it would be!! :dohanim:

Sales is tough GC I have been doing it for almost 20 years. Cant let the "no" bother you.

Sales is tough GC I have been doing it for almost 20 years. Cant let the "no" bother you.

They also mentioned the 10-1 rule. For every 10 people you ask, you'll only get 1 yes!! :(

They also mentioned the 10-1 rule. For every 10 people you ask, you'll only get 1 yes!! :(

You should ask a couple thousand people a day. That would be 200 sales!

Kevin

You should ask a couple thousand people a day. That would be 200 sales!

Kevin

200 sales per day, 20 days a month roughly ( leave weekends for golf) that is 4,000 sales per month. You would be #1 sales person in no time!!!

i had to apply this same formula to my dating life whilst in college. for every 10 ladies i'd ask out, i only ever got 1 yes.

An update: Well, I had a goal of selling $1000 by the end of February, and it looks like I'm just $323 away and a few more orders coming in. So I'll get my first month's goal at the end of the month :clapp: YAY!!!

And I have a HUGE show coming up. My first one. Its not technically a show. My friends own a bar in Palm Springs and its ladies night the last Saturday of every month from 7-10pm. So she said it'd be a good idea for me to sell my jewelry there and she'd set up a table for me and everything. So next Saturday (a week from tomorrow) I will be making the 2 hour drive to Palm Springs to hopefully sell a ton of items :)

For those of you that know the Palm Springs area, you'll know what kind of bar I'll be going too :wink: Should be fun!! :joy:

An update: Well, I had a goal of selling $1000 by the end of February, and it looks like I'm just $323 away and a few more orders coming in. So I'll get my first month's goal at the end of the month :clapp: YAY!!!

And I have a HUGE show coming up. My first one. Its not technically a show. My friends own a bar in Palm Springs and its ladies night the last Saturday of every month from 7-10pm. So she said it'd be a good idea for me to sell my jewelry there and she'd set up a table for me and everything. So next Saturday (a week from tomorrow) I will be making the 2 hour drive to Palm Springs to hopefully sell a ton of items :)

For those of you that know the Palm Springs area, you'll know what kind of bar I'll be going too :wink: Should be fun!! :joy:

Hope you enjoy yourself and sell lots

Congrats on the success! Wait until the ladies have had a few drinks, and then open up shop! :D

Back