thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I'm dumb as a stick of butter when it come to a new laptop, but my old one gave out today, so Best Buy here I come. This is a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215 if that makes any diff. Anyway, when I got it fully charged and unplugged the screen went really dark? I can't find were to brighten it up, lol.

Any idea's how to brighten and how I should set this thing up if you know any tweeks?

ddxu

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I'm dumb as a stick of butter when it come to a new laptop, but my old one gave out today, so Best Buy here I come. This is a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215 if that makes any diff. Anyway, when I got it fully charged and unplugged the screen went really dark? I can't find were to brighten it up, lol.

Any idea's how to brighten and how I should set this thing up if you know any tweeks?
tough to tell by the crappy keyboard image online, but try holding down the function (FN) key and click the F7 key. can u take a real pic of ur keyboard and post it?

Beowulf

Villa Crawl Contestant
Reaction score
Handicap
Gravity
Check your power settings. Some dim the screen to conserve power.

Edit: Should be in the control panel under Toshiba Power Settings or something like.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
tough to tell by the crappy keyboard image online, but try holding down the function (FN) key and click the F7 key. can u take a real pic of ur keyboard and post it?
That got it yeah, thanks man!

Check your power settings. Some dim the screen to conserve power.

Edit: Should be in the control panel under Toshiba Power Settings or something like.
Thanks both of you!

ddxu

Reaction score
Handicap
no problem, glad it worked.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
It's in the power scheme, if you plug the charger back in the screen will brighten, it's to help conserve battery life.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Sounds like a great feature, but they could have told me, haha. I still have to re-enter all my old links and junk, I liked my old one better.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Glad you finally got a new laptop duey. Seems like you milked all you could out of the old one, I thought you were looking a while back.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Glad you finally got a new laptop duey. Seems like you milked all you could out of the old one, I thought you were looking a while back.
Yep, but was looking for Liz a new one. I hoped to get another couple years out of this old dog, lol. It was 5 years old I guess and on the road everyday, so guess it was time.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
So you're still looking for one for Liz? How old is hers? Might want to start shopping now so you can find one you like rather than getting one when you have to get one!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
So you're still looking for one for Liz? How old is hers? Might want to start shopping now so you can find one you like rather than getting one when you have to get one!
She don't have one. She just uses mine when I'm around. I looked at several today, but may be spring before I spring again. We can share.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Oh, I thought you both had one before. Sharing is good, we shared Jacqui's laptop for about 3 years!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh, I thought you both had one before. Sharing is good, we shared Jacqui's laptop for about 3 years!
I works ok for us most of the time. She has access to the one's at school during the season and she mostly just uses it to play games, facebook and read the newspaper in three towns. Now that she found out my phone has angry birds she spends as much time on that.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry duey, I'm not very good with this sort of thing. I hate to hear of the problems buddy. Surely some THP'er can help you out.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Sorry duey, I'm not very good with this sort of thing. I hate to hear of the problems buddy. Surely some THP'er can help you out.
TC, are you vying for the title of Skim Shady with One-T? hehe

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I told you I wasn't good at these things Smalls, hahahaha. Damn, busted! So did duey get a new laptop but now Liz needs one too? I'm confused.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I told you I wasn't good at these things Smalls, hahahaha. Damn, busted! So did duey get a new laptop but now Liz needs one too? I'm confused.
I was confused about that too! No, duey was looking to get Liz one, iI assume so they didn't have to share, but his broke so he had to get a new one. They are going to share laptops unless duey is out of town. I think.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha, try to stay sober there big buddy. Yeah, its all good, on the laptop front. I was looking for one for Liz because we have been sharing, but mine bit the dust. No biggy, we can continue the share program, lol.

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
It is kind of cool having one that lasts more than 5 minutes on battery. I been over 5 hours and still at 34%.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Wow, that's some charge.

Goins

"Not too shabby"
Reaction score
Wow, I think he even out did his brother on that skim!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow, I think he even out did his brother on that skim!
Lol, thats ok, just startin a new job he's got a full plate right now.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in