My new putting green?

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Well my wife is all for it. Now I’m talking her into doing it now rather than later. She mentioned waiting till she gets he bonus. I said we have the cash let’s do it now as it’s extra months of enjoyment. Yeah there is a compromise, she wants a hot tub. :unsure: This is where the putting green will be, 850 sq ft of practice space.32C29AAF-639B-4114-8577-FB23F046A883.jpeg

Oh yea! Looking forward to following this!

Thats awesome, and the hot tub is a fair trade since both you can use that

A hot tub is a fair trade.

Looking forward to following along.

ETA: Of course this means adding to the putter collection... ;)

If all I needed for a putting green here was to add a hot tub for her, I’d be calling for hot tubs yesterday! Have fun!

A hot tub is a fair trade.

Looking forward to following along.

ETA: Of course this means adding to the putter collection... ;)
Yeah I’m leading her to believe I’m compromising. ;) I’ve got two quotes scheduled this next week.

Not sure it can be seen but there is some good slope already in the back lawn. I want to keep it that way, maybe even add a little more.

Bro thats awesome!! Can't wait to see how it comes out.
Putting green and a Hot tub is a win in my book!

Yeah the hot tub trade off is great. At my old place we had one and it was good for those days after golf when the back was tightening up. I'm thinking about putting a green in since my backyard is pretty jacked right now anyway and needs to be fixed up.

Between the gophers and the dogs the lawn has just become a pain in the butt. With drought in California I believe it’s also a bonus when selling.

And we are finally in the process. 3-4 days I’m told. I’ll post pics daily as I get home from work for updates. The wire is the gopher guard the lights I purchased at Costco and ran them along the fence. Plenty of lite for some late night or after work practice 96572E4D-8072-4377-A96F-44474F299D08.jpeg247C9E0D-59DE-4E8A-B39D-0EC66E639437.jpeg

Today’s progress. Tomorrow the turf goes down. Yeah!!! Hopefully you can see the grade that will be there. I ordered 10 stump and told em I don’t want easy putts. The first photo is kind of the dogs area there in the left in the second photo you will see the four cups and hopefully the grade in the ???? Should be some fun times here. The green is 26 ft long F78901B4-DA3C-40F3-BC5B-60C459A1A187.jpegF71C2588-5709-4CF2-B1E6-6F08892F031B.jpeg

Starting to really take shape, can't wait to see the finished product.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. 👀

Starting to really take shape, can't wait to see the finished product.
Yes it is. I moved the cups a little from where they had them. The one is now right on the edge of the break. Options for less and more are abundant where they are at. Hopefully I can learn something. :ROFLMAO:

Well, have to see where this goes because this is not what we discussed. Supposed to be 1 ft fringe around the green. They took some pieces out of my cement work. I requested a meeting tomorrow. 543D1E3E-6080-4B5B-9BF1-175C96D6B988.jpeg

Well, have to see where this goes because this is not what we discussed. Supposed to be 1 ft fringe around the green. They took some pieces out of my cement work. I requested a meeting tomorrow. View attachment 8973901
Yep no golf tomorrow. Gotta cancel my round. Not happy at all as this is not what we discussed.

damn it started so promising

Well, have to see where this goes because this is not what we discussed. Supposed to be 1 ft fringe around the green. They took some pieces out of my cement work. I requested a meeting tomorrow. View attachment 8973901

Bummer! Hope you are able to come out on top and get what you want.

As your friend I want to beat some ass. As a contractor I want to sprint from this thread so I don't have nightmares about what happens on jobs while I'm not there, and the inevitable homeowner conversations **** like this creates. I can feel the O & P about to slip away. Just sucks man. And you have to miss a round to sort it out?! Hope that dude wears his brown pants tomorrow.

It will finish that way as well if they desire to get paid.

I can get behind this line of thought. As broke as I am right now, they’d have to finish it the right way AND then get in line to get paid, lol.

Of course I wouldn’t be installing a putting green with no money.

Good luck getting it sorted out! (Sucks on missing golf:()

As your friend I want to beat some ass. As a contractor I want to sprint from this thread so I don't have nightmares about what happens on jobs while I'm not there, and the inevitable homeowner conversations **** like this creates. I can feel the O & P about to slip away. Just sucks man. And you have to miss a round to sort it out?! Hope that dude wears his brown pants tomorrow.

Hope you had a service plan and a drawing. That always helps. And in my job as a general counsel, I deal with complaints against contractors. I attempt to mediate solutions. At least you are confronting them before the job is finished. In my experience, be adamant and firm but not threatening. You have what they want - payment. Good luck.

Back