My PP NX9 Died Today

hmmm this is disheartening, i really like mine and hope i dont have any issues. this is considered a great golf purchase this year fwiw imo for me.
now that i think about it, the last round i played everytime i reached for it and looking through it i noticed it was on, normally you push the button and it comes on. so was it staying on when it shouldnt be?? im confused now...

I hate hearing about these issues. I have had my slope NX7 for two years with no trouble.

I hate hearing about these issues. I have had my slope NX7 for two years with no trouble.

I am wondering if it is an issue with this particular model and as someone else speculated earlier in this thread if that was a reason there is a new version. I also notice that the new version lists a 2 year warranty, where I think (and I could be way off) the model I purchased had a 1 year warranty.

Got a reply back Precision Pro awhile ago. Eric Peterson, Operations & Support Coordinator asked me to send my NX9 in for inspection either to be repaired or replaced. Which is what was mentioned here in this thread. I be posting it in the morning to get it on it's way back to Precision Pro. :)

I took the battery out last night for 15-20 minutes since that’s what they would tell me to try anyway. It started working again but I’m not sure the distances are correct. I’ll have to pace out some stuff around the property and then shoot it to see if it’s close. I’m glad it’s working but its gonna get old fast if I have to do that every time I try to use it

I’ve had this happen twice with my NX7 Pro in the almost 2 years I’ve had it. It still works though. One of the times I pulled a battery from another range finder that was working and it didn’t work in mine. Later though I put a new battery in it and it was working again. Yardages always seem to be accurate.

My Bushnell Tour V3 is going on 4 years old and still haven’t had any problems with it

I’ve had this happen twice with my NX7 Pro in the almost 2 years I’ve had it. It still works though. One of the times I pulled a battery from another range finder that was working and it didn’t work in mine. Later though I put a new battery in it and it was working again. Yardages always seem to be accurate.

My Bushnell Tour V3 is going on 4 years old and still haven’t had any problems with it

I’m going to go with it for now. I may even keep the battery out until I use it to see if that helps. I’m not super impressed with it though. I used my first one maybe 4 rounds before it died and this one maybe 5 rounds. That’s not good

as expected I got notified that I would be getting the new model NX9 as the model I had was discontinued. Hoping it is better and the previous model was a 1 time dog for them, but no matter, I dropped the coin on a different brand range finder and will probably be selling this one I get to a friend of mine. CS is solid, but having to send in a model twice in a less than a year (about 7 months of use) I just don't have the confidence.

I sent mine in about a week ago and have heard nothing back from them yet on the status of the rangefinder.

I sent mine in about a week ago and have heard nothing back from them yet on the status of the rangefinder.

I first contacted them July 30th, dropped it in the mail 7/31 with the label they provided, heard back from them 8/7 that they were sending a replacement that would be the new model and got the shipping notification 8/10. So I would expect some feedback soon. could also be your issue is repairable so they are doing work on it. Hopefully it gets resolved fairly soon.

Ok, so this thread pops up and I have not had an issue with mine, but Saturday I am out playing and need it on a hole and walla it doesn't work. So I remove the battery and slide it back in and still no good. I am thinking, not failing? So I have a new battery in my bag, chunk that in and she is good to go. :cool:

My Bushnell Jolt is going on 8 yrs, at least. I just put in a new battery every year.

I don't want issues, and since it's all electronics, why the reliability issues? I can understand the jolt stop working when battery is low, but for the entire piece to die? And I was about to pull the trigger. Maybe they should give us confidence - say something, like we recognized an issue and upgraded the design and electronics, and have dropped one 2000 times with no issues. That would help.

Just got the word from PP. They'll be replacing my dead NX9 with the new 2020 model of the NXP that just came out. They'll be getting it in the mail probably tomorrow. This will probably become my backup as I recently purchased a Bushnell Pro XE for usage on the golf course.

Back