My PP NX9 Died Today

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Title say it all. After the 11th hole today I could not get the yardage to the pin. This rangefinder is probably less than 8 months old. Anybody know how the warranty on Precision Pro works?

Last edited:
Just a dead battery?

I’d definitely reach out to them directly on this one.

Just a dead battery?

No, the battery is showing almost full. I could not get any yardage period, everything was blank.

Mine did that a few months ago. I emailed them and got a return label. Had a new one in about a week

Mine did that a few months ago. I emailed them and got a return label. Had a new one in about a week

Thanks, I was going to reach out to them anyway. But that info is nice to have. (y)

I have sent my NX9 in twice in about 9 months. First one was less than a month in when it wouldn't pick up targets any more. Had a new one back within a week. Last week after replacing the battery for the 1st time, it worked fine for a round, then dead. Tried 3 different batteries, nothing. Sent it back last friday.

PP customer service is really good, but the amount of unit failures I have read about is disconcerting.

I have sent my NX9 in twice in about 9 months. First one was less than a month in when it wouldn't pick up targets any more. Had a new one back within a week. Last week after replacing the battery for the 1st time, it worked fine for a round, then dead. Tried 3 different batteries, nothing. Sent it back last friday.

PP customer service is really good, but the amount of unit failures I have read about is disconcerting.

this thread must be bad luck. I thought the distances on my may have been off so I just took it out to see what it was reading around the house and now it won’t pick up anything at all. Guess I’ll be sending an email tomorrow

this thread must be bad luck. I thought the distances on my may have been off so I just took it out to see what it was reading around the house and now it won’t pick up anything at all. Guess I’ll be sending an email tomorrow

That makes two of us. :(

Sounds like there are issues some PP products, hope CS is up to the task.

My guess is they send you a brand new those guys are awesome and I’m confident they’ll take care of ya.

I’m sure they’ll take care of it but I think I’m done with it when I get the issue resolved. Having to send it back twice in a 6mo span and only using it a handful of rounds is borderline stupid

Mine that I've had about 8 months just stopped working mid round about a month ago out of the blue. I called and the guys at PP were fantastic. They sent me another one in a week or so but I don't think it's new. The screen on the inside is kind of cloudy and nowhere near as clear as my previous but it works.

I’m sure they’ll take care of it but I think I’m done with it when I get the issue resolved. Having to send it back twice in a 6mo span and only using it a handful of rounds is borderline stupid

Yeah, I have already purchased a different unit. I am concerned what happens when it goes out of the 1 year warranty. When it worked, it was as good as anything on the market I have used, but reliability plays a big role in my purchasing habits.

Title say it all. After the 11th hole today I could not get the yardage to the pin. This rangefinder is probably less than 8 months old. Anybody know how the warranty on Precision Pro works?
I too started having issues with my original NX9 about a month ago. Customer service was great they sent out a new unit right away. So far the new unit is great, hopefully there’s some longevity to it!

Emailed PP first thing this morning. Got a quick reply saying their support staff is considering my problem. Still waiting for a reply back.

Wonder why all of these issues are popping up all of sudden with Precision Pro. I have had my NX9 HD since December and not one issues yet.
Only issue I have had is dead battery (original one)

Wonder why all of these issues are popping up all of sudden with Precision Pro. I have had my NX9 HD since December and not one issues yet.
Only issue I have had is dead battery (original one)

Well, I do know that PP took the NX9 off the market awhile ago, they might have been reacting to all the problems cropping up with the NX9. Looking at their website this morning I see that they have a newer version of the NX9 for sale now listed on their website.

Well, I do know that PP took the NX9 off the market awhile ago, they might have been reacting to all the problems cropping up with the NX9. Looking at their website this morning I see that they have a newer version of the NX9 for sale now listed on their website.
This is the one they sent me (new one) it has some updated features such as a longer body so your finger don’t hang over the front edge. Also the slope/mode button is recessed so it’s not accidentally hit, like on the older model.

I am willing to bet they get it squared away for you. Have had nothing but great interactions with them

Man, hadn't heard of this brand. Sounds like some issues.
I guess it's like car warranties. Good if they have a long coverage period. Bad if you have to use them.

I started my rangefinders experience with a Bushnell hunting model years ago that was less than the golf models. It worked, but what a world of difference with the costlier golf model with the Pinseeker tech. That extra $120 to get the Pinseeker eventually was more than worth it.
Still works to this day, which is good, as my newer Leupold crapped out.

I did have one issue with a new one out of the box, but they sent me another replacement and so far never had any problems. Hopefully they will look into any problems that might be occurring and make good on units that are already out there.

Glad to hear PP is taking care of their customers, but sorry to hear about all the reliability issues. I had been considering one as a replacement whenever my Bushnell finally gives up the ghost, but reliability is a huge factor in my buying. I'm on my second Bushnell (only because the first one was lost/stolen), and they last me for years without any problems.

I took the battery out last night for 15-20 minutes since that’s what they would tell me to try anyway. It started working again but I’m not sure the distances are correct. I’ll have to pace out some stuff around the property and then shoot it to see if it’s close. I’m glad it’s working but its gonna get old fast if I have to do that every time I try to use it

Back